Fly/Fashionable brehs, whats the secret?

Starburst

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
- Have your own style. Don't be afraid to be different than what is acceptable style locally or on social media. Don't change your entire wardrobe every year to chase trends and what's popping right now. Many things that are trendy end up looking stupid real quick. That's the problem with hypebeast style.

- It's okay to buy trendy items and work them into your existing wardrobe. For example, I just copped some Balenciaga tracks. Below retail almost 50% off of course off StockX because I refuse to pay $1000 for a trendy item.

- it's okay to channel iconic style from a iconic cultural figure. For instance, every March 9th, I throw on a vintage Biggie Coogi and some fresh butters with some stonewashed RRL denim. Throwing on some Hazel highway super Timbs with a burgundy champion hoodie and a Canadian tuxedo after getting a crazy fade like Tupac in Juice on a random spring or fall day. Throwing on a old school loud colored early 90's Pelle Pelle leather with some fresh OG color Jordan 5's like Will Smith from Fresh Prince.

- customizing your own clothes will make you stand out in the crowd. I made a custom varsity jacket last winter commemorating my old hood in Cali. Spent $500 getting all the custom patches and embroidery put on a blank varsity jacket I found at the thrift. And strangers always complement how fresh it is. In an era where urban fashion has been gentrified and whitewashed as "streetwear" by suburban cacs and cornballs, it pays to standout and have your clothes reflect what makes you unique.

- Your whole wardrobe doesn't have to be hyped up or expensive clothes. But your whole wardrobe shouldn't be all bland basics either. That's where a lot of style Youtubers and influencers go wrong. They're either barebone basic like TeachingMensFashion or the StyleOG. Follow them too close and you end up looking like a Nordstrom mannequin. Or they are straight hypebeast or all designer everything looking like a bootleg struggle rapper clout chaser.

- wear one statement piece at a time. You don't have to wear all expensive designer shyt at once.

- Different clothes for different occasions. Sometimes I feel like being flashy, other times I like being lowkey. A lot of times, depending on where you are, you don't want to be flashy. One day I can be wearing loud colors, the next I could be wearing all black or all earth tones.

- You can easily take old clothes that don't fit so well to the tailor. Make sure you find the right tailor. Because some random Asian tailors will fukk your shyt up because they don't always understand what you want.

- the thrift store is an excellent resource. I've been thrifting for years, Nowadays, everyone from the younger generation knows. You can literally find anything at the thrift once you find a few good ones and visit them regularly. Everything from limited sneakers to designer gems to dress clothes and suits to vintage heat of all kinds.

- The right vintage pieces will set your wardrobe on fire. Don't just cop anything from the thrift just because it looks old. That's where the younger generation goes wrong. I'm a big fan of early 90's swag.

- Designer pieces don't have to be plastered with big logos. Most of the nicest designer pieces don't have any visible logos. Those are designer clothes rich people actually wear. And they often donate these clothes to thrift stores in nicer areas. It's the quality that justifies the price point and you'd be surprised to find out people can clearly see the quality. For example, you can easily get a gently used Ralph Lauren Purple Label leather that retails for $3k+ for a few hundred online in various places.

- Pay attention to care labels on clothes. Don't leave out clothes in the open that can be eaten by moths. Get nicer clothes dry cleaned unless the label says do not dry clean.

- Dress professionally or conservatively when you have to. You don't want to have the whiteboy who huffs gasoline struggle going to court look when you have to dress up. Make sure you own a few suits that fit correctly and some proper dress shoes and socks to match. These items don't necessarily need to be designer or expensive. But it doesn't hurt to have an expensive suit or a sport coat or dress shoes.

Fantastic advice

Daps
Keep it simple. Nicely constructed, minimal clothing that isn’t ostentatious will attract the admiration of onlookers. Don’t try to match colors too much. It’s more a matter of contrasting tones that are complementary (i.e. green and brown). No labels. Labels scream insecurity and a lack of confidence, a crutch on which the tasteless rest.

:unimpressed:

HTXBreh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Houston Tx
Keep it simple. Nicely constructed, minimal clothing that isn’t ostentatious will attract the admiration of onlookers. Don’t try to match colors too much. It’s more a matter of contrasting tones that are complementary (i.e. green and brown). No labels. Labels scream insecurity and a lack of confidence, a crutch on which the tasteless rest.

:unimpressed:
:patrice:

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
Dressing stylish is a APTITUDE and Skill.
Breh that have that aptitude are the Future and Westside Gunn type brehs in the black community.

If you are a square coli breh / Russel Wilson type breh you will Need female input (preferably Black female or Pawg) on how to style at least initially/partially.
So only street nikkas can dress? :skip:

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
At a point in my life where I'm able to really bring things full circle with my image before I enter my 30s next year.

I have a decent fashion sense, but I keep it minimal because it's been affordable as I've worked my way up in my career.

I got some questions for you, so we can up our game in 2021.

1) Do you get all your clothes tailored?

2) Where do you mostly shop online?

3) Any secrets to keeping clothes looking new when washing/drying?

4) What articles of clothing do you spend the most on?

Don't know if this has been said but dry clean your clothes when you can. Nothing beats that crisp look & you'll extend the life of your wardrobe. And yes get your clothes tailored so that they actually fit. Whether name brand or not wear clothes that fit & are comfortable.

If you have to machine wash your clothes look at the tag to make sure if you should be using hot/cold water. Also what I like to do is wash certain shirts & jeans inside out so that the colors might not fade as fast. Hang dry them if possible so that they don't fade or shrink either

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///
lmfao.

Nothing wrong with a nice form fitting t shirt on a muscular body, you crazy son.

Pair that with some nice jeans and shoes and women will be looking.

Put a nice leather jacket or jacket over it too. :banderas:
swole nikkas look uncomfortable in everything but the baggiest gym wear ha

you gotta know your lane

if your calling is in the gym then invest in that

if you a skinny nikka all this fly shyte was cut for you

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
lmfao.

Nothing wrong with a nice form fitting t shirt on a muscular body, you crazy son.

Pair that with some nice jeans and shoes and women will be looking.

Put a nice leather jacket or jacket over it too. :banderas:
Being fit doesn’t mean you can dress or that your horrible, tacky or bland style will look better cause your fit.

SheWantTheD

Veteran
Daps
swole nikkas look uncomfortable in everything but the baggiest gym wear ha

you gotta know your lane

if your calling is in the gym then invest in that

if you a skinny nikka all this fly shyte was cut for you

Don't know what you are talking about.

Brehs with muscle on them make clothes look better.

A breh with The V cut look in a tailored suit? Son, have the ladies panties drippin'