"Flower Power In The Jalen Hurts Era" *2021 Philadelphia Eagles Season Thread*

KingCesar

All Star
Daps
Allen Robinson & a 2023 sixth round pick

for

Jalen Reagor
I would take that deal in a heartbeat. :heh:

Reagor sucks, and Allen Robinson is great. On top of that, Robinson would join a WR corps where Smith is already flashing WR1-caliber talent and Quez Watkins has been quietly putting together a good season himself.

Of course, the Bears would be completely insane to make that deal. They could easily get a better deal for Allen Robinson than that.

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
Allen Robinson & a 2023 sixth round pick

for

Jalen Reagor

How y’all feel about that. I don’t know:patrice:

I like the concept, swapping Reagor out for a bigger target that compliments Smitty/Quez better is what I was thinking with that Mike Williams suggestion. Only issue is that ARob's a free agent after this season, and unless we extend Goedert in the next month or two that means both of them would be UFAs and we only have one franchise tag as emergency backup.

If they really want Robinson (or Williams) I'd wait until free agency hits and make a move there, that also allows them to flip Reagor for something else instead of an expiring contract (rookie contract defender or a pick. Something similar to the Matthews for Darby trade).

Last edited:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
That Super Bowl seems so long ago..

I’m glad I went to the parade. May never have a chance to experience that again.

Even tho it was kinda fukked up too. The things you see in a mass crowd of drunk Philadelphians.. :picard:

Love y’all... But, damn... :scust:
That parade was a wild time of fukkery....it was brick that day too....good times

_DC

D.C.
Daps
Reppin
Lower Delaware
That parade was a wild time of fukkery....it was brick that day too....good times
Hell yea! People pissin everywhere.. The amount of white women I saw squatting behind porta-potties blows my mind. I legit think that’s where CoVid started, for real.. :mjlol: No bullshyt, tho, one of my fondest memories as a sports fan!

KingCesar

All Star
Daps
We really got a WR1 :mjcry:
As I said before, it’s nice to finally have a rookie wide receiver who shows actual promise. We haven’t had that since Maclin in 2009, and Smith is currently on pace to beat out his rookie season with over 1,000 YDs receiving.

Also keep an eye on Quez Watkins, who has been quietly putting together a good season, and really needs to be played more (certainly more than bum-ass Reagor or Ward :scust:). I think he’s currently on pace for 900+ YDs receiving. Could have had a 50+ YD touchdown last week, but Hurts didn't see him wide open down the field.

The one thing you can knock Smith for is that so far he hasn’t shown that he can overcome his size to win the contested 50-50 balls at the pro-level. Trevon Diggs bullied him on MNF. I don’t think it seriously holds Smith back, because he’s usually so good at getting separation, but it’d definitely boost the pass-catching group to have a bigger, more physical WR who can win on those contested catches, e.g. a prime Alshon Jeffery. Would have been nice if either J.J. Arcega-Whiteside or Travis Fulgham had worked out, because they’d be perfect for that role in this offense.

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
As I said before, it’s nice to finally have a rookie wide receiver who shows actual promise. We haven’t had that since Maclin in 2009, and Smith is currently on pace to beat out his rookie season with over 1,000 YDs receiving.

Also keep an eye on Quez Watkins, who has been quietly putting together a good season, and really needs to be played more (certainly more than bum-ass Reagor or Ward :scust:). I think he’s currently on pace for 900+ YDs receiving. Could have had a 50+ YD touchdown last week, but Hurts didn't see him wide open down the field.

The one thing you can knock Smith for is that so far he hasn’t shown that he can overcome his size to win the contested 50-50 balls at the pro-level. Trevon Diggs bullied him on MNF. I don’t think it seriously holds Smith back, because he’s usually so good at getting separation, but it’d definitely boost the pass-catching group to have a bigger, more physical WR who can win on those contested catches, e.g. a prime Alshon Jeffery. Would have been nice if either J.J. Arcega-Whiteside or Travis Fulgham had worked out, because they’d be perfect for that role in this offense.

Why not have 4 good receivers like greatest show on turf??

NYSTATEOFMIND

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang...Bleedin Green
On the coaching:

My biggest issues with Sirianni have been clock management and how conservative he is on 4th down. Might add redzone play-calling in there, too, but guys were running wide open in the endzone last week and Hurts missed them. So a lot of the RZ deficiencies are on the players as well. Sirianni hasn’t been perfect, but I don’t think he gets enough credit for the fact that his offense is, if nothing else, more productive than Pederson’s the last couple years. The protection has held up well, despite the OL injuries, and DeVonta Smith and Quez Watkins have gotten open for big plays. The offense isn’t a finished product and there’s a lot of room for improvement, but there’s been actual progress on that side of the ball from where it was in 2019 and 2020. And Sirianni should get credit for that.

Gannon obviously hasn’t been good, which is disappointing given how hyped he was. But it should also be noted that, Javon Hargrave excepted, there isn’t a single superstar player on that side of the roster right now. The Eagles have spent 2018-2021 heavily investing most of their high-end resources in the offense, and now we see the end result of it. The defense is comprised of old, declining players and JAGs. And while Gannon could be better, there’s no defensive scheme in the world that’s going to make up for the fact that Alex Singleton and Eric Wilson are our starting LBs. On top of that, we should also remember that the Cowboys and Chiefs offenses are both Top 5 units in the NFL. I want to see more from Gannon before I declare him a bust.

Not to make excuses for Gannon because he is paid to put his players in positions to succeed but I think personnel is the issue with him. He comes from the Zimmer tree- what is Zimmer defense known for....GOOD LINEBACKERS...who can cover and shoot the gaps in the run game...which the Eagles are really lacking. I think if we had good LBs, he would be more aggressive

But he has to do better than this...he is basically less aggressive than Schwartz...which I cant believe

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
Not to make excuses for Gannon because he is paid to put his players in positions to succeed but I think personnel is the issue with him. He comes from the Zimmer tree- what is Zimmer defense known for....GOOD LINEBACKERS...who can cover and shoot the gaps in the run game...which the Eagles are really lacking. I think if we had good LBs, he would be more aggressive

Eagles should of known hiring him then. I think the organization and Gannon are both at fault.

NYSTATEOFMIND

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang...Bleedin Green
I would take that deal in a heartbeat. :heh:

Reagor sucks, and Allen Robinson is great. On top of that, Robinson would join a WR corps where Smith is already flashing WR1-caliber talent and Quez Watkins has been quietly putting together a good season himself.

Of course, the Bears would be completely insane to make that deal. They could easily get a better deal for Allen Robinson than that.

Is this an actual trade rumor?

KingCesar

All Star
Daps

But he has to do better than this...he is basically less aggressive than Schwartz...which I cant believe
Agreed.

I’m not excusing Gannon at all, because Schwartz – for all the shyt he got – was at least able to work with mediocre defensive talent, and never had a defense worse than average during him time here. But there is no scheme in the world that was ever going to turn this defense into a unit capable of stopping the Cowboys or Chiefs. Those teams, much as I hate to admit it in the former case, are actual Super Bowl contenders. And the only actual playmaker on the defensive side of the ball is Hargrave. When the defense met offenses closer to their level, the Falcons and Niners, they did much better. That tells me that the chief problem there is the talent, not the coaching.

If you really want to blame someone, you have to look at Howie Roseman. The front office has spent the last four years dumping all its high-end resources into the offense. In 2018, they spend their 2nd Round pick (Eagles traded out of the 1st) on Goedert. In 2019, they spent their 1st on Dillard, and their two 2nds on Sanders and JJAW. In 2020, they spent their 1st on Reagor and 2nd on Hurts. In 2021, they spent their 1st on Smith and 2nd on dikkerson. Their major defensive additions in this period all came via Free Agency, and were usually for veterans pushing 30, like Bennett and Slay. Hargrave being the only exception, and is of course the only defensive player actually playing at a high level right now.

And as a guy who’s admittedly biased towards offense (I think it’s the more important side of the ball in today’s NFL), I could actually forgive this had Howie’s offensive picks actually worked out. Smith and dikkerson are rookies, so I won’t rate them yet, though early signs look promising for Smith, at least. But the jury’s still out on Hurts, who’s been up-and-down this season, Dillard and JJAW are busts, Sanders is okay, and Reagor might be a bust himself. Goedert is the only offensive player taken in the first two rounds, in four years, who has a realistic chance of being a long-term starter for the team right now. And that’s what the Eagles have sacrificed the defense for. :snoop:

tl;dr - the Front Office is really the culprit that got us into this mess. They invested heavily in the offense while the defense got castoffs from other teams, then got very little return out of those offensive investments, all the while the defense was left to get old and decline.

The Eagles will have four picks in the first two rounds next year. If they don’t take a QB (we’ll see how Hurts progresses, and who emerges as the top QB prospects out of college), then I’m in agreement with the consensus that they all have to go to the defense – DE, CB, LB, Safety, whoever’s the BPA at any of those positions. And the FO absolutely has to hit on these guys. If we come out of the 2022 draft with more Derek Barnetts and Sidney Joneses, I better not see ANYONE argue with me that Howie Roseman needs to go. :ufdup:

Last edited: