"Flower Power In The Jalen Hurts Era" *2021 Philadelphia Eagles Season Thread*

NYSTATEOFMIND

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang...Bleedin Green
shyt we got a lot of holes. I think we found Brooks replacement but we need Lane replacement, Linebackers Safeties DBs shyt

If the Eagles find a way to get 2 top 10 draft picks- they really have to trade at least one of them to get more picks- we have way too many old heads and soon to be free agents

KingCesar

All Star
Daps
DeVonta Smith A Major Bright Spot Of Eagles' Season | The Draft Network

Before Smith, the last 1st round wide receiver the Eagles drafted who showed actual promise in his rookie year was Jeremy Maclin in 2009. He finished that year with 56 catches, 773 YDs, and 4 TDs.

DeVonta Smith is currently on pace to beat him out with 77 catches, 1007 YDs, and 4 TDs. Obviously, he’ll need to continue to produce against tougher defenses than KC and Hurts is still going to need to get him the ball, but it’s a very good sign for him. Just need to hope that he can keep it up.

Whatever else happens this season, at least, after three straight years of trying, the Eagles might have actually hit on a WR in the draft. :wow:

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
DeVonta Smith A Major Bright Spot Of Eagles' Season | The Draft Network

Before Smith, the last 1st round wide receiver the Eagles drafted who showed actual promise in his rookie year was Jeremy Maclin in 2009. He finished that year with 56 catches, 773 YDs, and 4 TDs.

DeVonta Smith is currently on pace to beat him out with 77 catches, 1007 YDs, and 4 TDs. Obviously, he’ll need to continue to produce against tougher defenses than KC and Hurts is still going to need to get him the ball, but it’s a very good sign for him. Just need to hope that he can keep it up.

Whatever else happens this season, at least, after three straight years of trying, the Eagles might have actually hit on a WR in the draft. :wow:

My only worry is not having a big, physical possession receiver...but I like Devonta, Raegor & Watkins A LOT

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
If the Eagles find a way to get 2 top 10 draft picks- they really have to trade at least one of them to get more picks- we have way too many old heads and soon to be free agents
Reading up on some of the upcoming defensive prospects and I'm lowkey already excited about the possibilities :wow:

I'd also consider flipping Reagor for a young defensive equivalent or another pick to pump into the defense. DeVonta is destined to be that do it all #1 and so far Quez is more explosive downfield and on manufactured touches behind the LOS than JR.

Unless he really comes into his own and flips a switch then it's probably best to try and compliment Smitty/Quez with a bigger target, Mike Williams would be perfect in free agency but who knows how crazy his price tag is gonna get.

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
Reading up on some of the upcoming defensive prospects and I'm lowkey already excited about the possibilities :wow:

I'd also consider flipping Reagor for a young defensive equivalent or another pick to pump into the defense. DeVonta is destined to be that do it all #1 and so far Quez is more explosive downfield and on manufactured touches behind the LOS than JR.

Unless he really comes into his own and flips a switch then it's probably best to try and compliment Smitty/Quez with a bigger target, Mike Williams would be perfect in free agency but who knows how crazy his price tag is gonna get.

I'd rather get a big receiver in the draft

I see the potential with Raegor...we can't scheme the right mismatches for him & we barely get him the ball where he can do real damage after the catch

I say we keep both Raegor & Watkins...I want 4 good receivers, not 3

NYSTATEOFMIND

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang...Bleedin Green

I started looking around to....we so ass- I got on my scouting grind early
problem is there arent many exciting LB outside of Smith from Penn State ( I am not the draft a LB in the first round guy but if Smith is there in R2- SNATCH HIM)

Everyone like Aiden from Michigan and I would be cool with him but I like the TCU kid DE Ochaun Mathis
I would love to get Elam and Hamilton but for CB/SAF but that maybe a pipedream

1thouwow

Poster of the Year
Daps
So Cox hates the defensive scheme. This team never is just cool always some shyt. The only bright spots this year it seems will be Hargrave Smith Watkins Hurts improving and the damn Punter.
Cox should be trade bait but we restructured his contract

gangreen

Top Notch
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn #byrdgang
Felt like he had at least 30 yards in penalties no?

yea, but those ineligible player downfield penalties last week are a result of Hurts holding onto the ball too long with those run pass options. Hurts has to be instantaneous when he passes in those RPOs cause the o lineman can not see if it is a run or pass and once he moves to the second level and hurts chooses pass, they are gonna get called for it every time

I personally think the pass protection held up nice last week and Dillard had a decent game.