"Flower Power In The Jalen Hurts Era" *2021 Philadelphia Eagles Season Thread*

FLORIDA BOI

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Cox ain't a Dlineman to just suck up blocks that's wasting his talent . he is a top 3 DT in the league , a 4 technique and he is probably the best in the league ( better than Donald) playing the run from the DT.

This dumb ass defense we running is a waste . these DEs should be gettin off one these one on ones , they ain't doin shut.

NYSTATEOFMIND

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang...Bleedin Green
So Cox hates the defensive scheme. This team never is just cool always some shyt. The only bright spots this year it seems will be Hargrave Smith Watkins Hurts improving and the damn Punter.

watch the first Cox press conference of this year and when they bring up 3-4- check his expression....I knew he wasnt keen on this from that video

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
The last two weeks I've seen good things and bad. The Dallas loss was a mess. But the KC loss wasn't that bad. It's hard to beat Pat and Andy. I'm not shocked we lost. Matter of fact when I first saw the schedule, I felt the KC game was a automatic Loss. I just did. Andy had a good energy coming in there plus he made History. Pat is just too damn good. This guy squeezes in the most craziest passes. Offense is getting better and better by the week. You have to put up 35 to beat Andy, Pat and the Chiefs cause they can score so damn fast. We did go point for point but made mistakes. Offense didn't even punt. Believe it or not, I don't blame the players too much.

I believe our biggest issues is coaching. Sirianni still making some head scratching decisions and Gannon hasn't done good with the D the last two weeks. Yes we lost Brandon but giving up back to back 40 points you aren't going to win anything with that. We might have to change the scheme up now that Brandon is gone. It's crazy because the D started the year so strong and fell apart these last two weeks. Jalen is continue to grow the numbers speak for themselves. Carolina is a good team so we will have to keep consistency offensively. I just hope the D shows up. I have a feeling we are going to turn this around. 13 more games is still a long season.

Last edited:

NYSTATEOFMIND

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang...Bleedin Green
According to Rich Paganetti, who was the analytics guy working with Pederson

The eagles had a trade in place involving Stephon Gilmore for Zach Ertz

if this is true- what ...the....fukk... :mindblown:

I wonder if it involved tryna fleece us for picks (Bellicheat, during the practice with the eagles, did say to Zach, ima get you or i been tryna get you...i caught that shyt)

:jbhmm:

Brocka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
Man what is going on with Lane. He is out against the Panthers but at least Mailata will be back.

They're saying on WIP that it's real serious and someone from the team actually had to go get him from Oklahoma and bring him back to Philly.

Someone else alluded to mental issues and addiction but I don't know how true that is...

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
Man what is going on with Lane. He is out against the Panthers but at least Mailata will be back.

They're saying on WIP that it's real serious and someone from the team actually had to go get him from Oklahoma and bring him back to Philly.

Someone else alluded to mental issues and addiction but I don't know how true that is...

Time to trade him & move on

Need a total rebuild

Let's see what Driscoll can do at RT...if he can't hold up, address it with one of first 4 picks in the draft

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
Time to trade him & move on

Need a total rebuild

Let's see what Driscoll can do at RT...if he can't hold up, address it with one of first 4 picks in the draft
Horrible idea.

Teams are so desperate for help at tackle that washed up 39yo Jason Peters is starting in 2021. There's never a good time to gut your OL, you keep it a strength and 7-8 deep every single season if you can. I'm holding onto Lane until the wheels completely fall off and he can't do it anymore (which he isn't anywhere close to being at).

Brocka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
:picard: already. damn

"League sources said Thursday that, after Sunday’s blowout loss to the Chiefs, Eagles rookie coach Nick Sirianni blistered his defensive coaching staff in meetings early this week.

He targeted rookie coordinator Jonathan Gannon in particular. Sirianni is frustrated at Gannon’s toothless, amorphous scheme; Gannon’s timid calls; and Gannon’s poor utilization of star players like defensive tackle Fletcher Cox and Darius Slay."
Cox was already throwing out subliminals about how he's being used...now this. The Chiefs only had seven possessions. Eagles defense gave up touchdowns on six of them, five on drives of 70 yrds or more. It's a mess right now. But I'd rather it come to head early rather than later

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
"League sources said Thursday that, after Sunday’s blowout loss to the Chiefs, Eagles rookie coach Nick Sirianni blistered his defensive coaching staff in meetings early this week.

He targeted rookie coordinator Jonathan Gannon in particular. Sirianni is frustrated at Gannon’s toothless, amorphous scheme; Gannon’s timid calls; and Gannon’s poor utilization of star players like defensive tackle Fletcher Cox and Darius Slay."
Cox was already throwing out subliminals about how he's being used...now this. The Chiefs only had seven possessions. Eagles defense gave up touchdowns on six of them, five on drives of 70 yrds or more. It's a mess right now. But I'd rather it come to head early rather than later

Thanks for posting it.

_DC

D.C.
Daps
Reppin
Lower Delaware
That Super Bowl seems so long ago..

I’m glad I went to the parade. May never have a chance to experience that again.

Even tho it was kinda fukked up too. The things you see in a mass crowd of drunk Philadelphians.. :picard:

Love y’all... But, damn... :scust:

Last edited:

1thouwow

Poster of the Year
Daps
Allen Robinson & a 2023 sixth round pick

for

Jalen Reagor

How y’all feel about that. I don’t know:patrice:

KingCesar

All Star
Daps
I believe our biggest issues is coaching. Sirianni still making some head scratching decisions and Gannon hasn't done good with the D the last two weeks. Yes we lost Brandon but giving up back to back 40 points you aren't going to win anything with that. We might have to change the scheme up now that Brandon is gone. It's crazy because the D started the year so strong and fell apart these last two weeks. Jalen is continue to grow the numbers speak for themselves. Carolina is a good team so we will have to keep consistency offensively. I just hope the D shows up. I have a feeling we are going to turn this around. 13 more games is still a long season.
On the coaching:

My biggest issues with Sirianni have been clock management and how conservative he is on 4th down. Might add redzone play-calling in there, too, but guys were running wide open in the endzone last week and Hurts missed them. So a lot of the RZ deficiencies are on the players as well. Sirianni hasn’t been perfect, but I don’t think he gets enough credit for the fact that his offense is, if nothing else, more productive than Pederson’s the last couple years. The protection has held up well, despite the OL injuries, and DeVonta Smith and Quez Watkins have gotten open for big plays. The offense isn’t a finished product and there’s a lot of room for improvement, but there’s been actual progress on that side of the ball from where it was in 2019 and 2020. And Sirianni should get credit for that.

Gannon obviously hasn’t been good, which is disappointing given how hyped he was. But it should also be noted that, Javon Hargrave excepted, there isn’t a single superstar player on that side of the roster right now. The Eagles have spent 2018-2021 heavily investing most of their high-end resources in the offense, and now we see the end result of it. The defense is comprised of old, declining players and JAGs. And while Gannon could be better, there’s no defensive scheme in the world that’s going to make up for the fact that Alex Singleton and Eric Wilson are our starting LBs. On top of that, we should also remember that the Cowboys and Chiefs offenses are both Top 5 units in the NFL. I want to see more from Gannon before I declare him a bust.

1thouwow

Poster of the Year
Daps

Heard he on pills