"Flower Power In The Jalen Hurts Era" *2021 Philadelphia Eagles Season Thread*

FLORIDA BOI

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Let’s try to remember: this team is not a contender. We were never coming into season expecting to make the playoffs. Kansas City is a playoff-caliber team. The Eagles were not supposed to win here. So with that in mind, let’s look at some positives:

- I thought Sirianni did a good job compensating for 4/5ths of the offensive line being out. The offensive gameplan reminded me a lot of the Atlanta game. Lots of quick passes and screens to fast WRs and RBs, who did a good job picking up YAC.

- Hurts was pretty good. He missed a TD pass to Ertz and almost threw an interception, but otherwise was accurate (67% completion). I thought he worked the middle of the field more, although we’d need to see his pass chart to be sure. But he was otherwise efficient and kept the offense moving. A far cry from his abysmal performance on Monday.

- DeVonta Smith had a really good game, with 7 catches on 10 targets and 122 yards, and that's with the refs screwing him out of a TD. That’s the WR1 we need to see going forward, and that’s encouraging coming off two games where he was pretty quiet. Need to see him do it against real defenses, though.

- Aside from Dillard, I didn’t see a lot of fukk-ups on the offensive line which was good since Lane was declared inactive right at game time.

- Colts won, which they needed to stay alive, and we needed to retain our chances at a 1st round pick. Miami lost, which also helps us, since the Eagles own their 1st, too. Hope for a Jets victory in OT to keep the Colts competitive with the Titans.

The penalties were annoying, and cost Philadelphia at least two TDs. The Eagles shot themselves in the foot over and over again, and probably did just as much to lose themselves the game as Kansas City did. But at least we were competitive against a playoff-caliber team. That’s about as much as you could hope for with this team.

The defense is garbage, but that was to be expected. There’s very little young talent on that side of the ball and a bunch of JAGs at linebacker. Barnett sucks so bad.

EDIT: The Jets won!!!
When Barnett came in I used to call him baby Reggie White. I thought he was a beast he is washed already.

We gotta have the best 2 DTs in the league I love watching them play. I think the defense problems are more coaching than personnel.

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
When Barnett came in I used to call him baby Reggie White. I thought he was a beast he is washed already.

We gotta have the best 2 DTs in the league I love watching them play. I think the defense problems are more coaching than personnel.

Sad thing is, Barnett will prob play well for his next team

NYSTATEOFMIND

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang...Bleedin Green

One DT is holding up his end of the bargain (and then some) the other..not so much

I never liker Barnett and was vocal about him being a scrub (coli byrdgang said I was being harsh)

Shout out to @thesheik

You still riding wit barnett?

1thouwow

Poster of the Year
Daps
One DT is holding up his end of the bargain (and then some) the other..not so much

I never liker Barnett and was vocal about him being a scrub (coli byrdgang said I was being harsh)

Shout out to @thesheik

You still riding wit barnett?
He recovered tom Brady’s fumble. He’s always good with me. I wouldn’t be sad to see him leave tho.

KingCesar

All Star
Daps

Eh, I actually think the personnel is the crux of the problem.

I look at that defense and I can’t think of a single player on it playing at an elite level, aside from Javon Hargrave. Cox is declining, Sweat so far is solid and nothing more, Kerrigan has been worthless, Milton is a rookie, Barnett sucks ass, Graham and McLeod are old and injured, Slay is disappointing, and everyone else is a JAG. And they’ve had to go against two Top 5 NFL offenses in back-to-back games.

Maybe Gannon could be better, but he can’t magically turn a linebacker group consisting of T.J. Edwards, Eric Wilson, and Alex Singleton into superstars. There’s not much he can do with this secondary facing Dak Prescott and Patrick Mahomes throwing to Amari Cooper, CeeDee Lamb, and Tyreek Hill two games in a row. This is largely the same largely-mediocre group as last season, except now a year older. You’re not stopping Dallas, Kansas City, or Tampa Bay with these players, no matter what defensive scheme you dial up.

The Eagles have spent the last couple years investing heavily in the offense, while the defense has gotten mostly scraps. This is simply the end result of that.

Jim Cornette

The Cult of Meat with Extra Cheese...
Daps
Reppin
Australia
Haven't watched the game yet... But why the fukk has miles Sanders got like 10 carries total over the last two weeks?!?

This coaching is just unforgivable... I can understand having your qb throw it 50 times if you have Brady, Mahomes or Rodgers but my goodness. Even if your line is trash, gotta find a way to run the damn ball

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
Eh, I actually think the personnel is the crux of the problem.

I look at that defense and I can’t think of a single player on it playing at an elite level, aside from Javon Hargrave. Cox is declining, Sweat so far is solid and nothing more, Kerrigan has been worthless, Milton is a rookie, Barnett sucks ass, Graham and McLeod are old and injured, Slay is disappointing, and everyone else is a JAG. And they’ve had to go against two Top 5 NFL offenses in back-to-back games.

Maybe Gannon could be better, but he can’t magically turn a linebacker group consisting of T.J. Edwards, Eric Wilson, and Alex Singleton into superstars. There’s not much he can do with this secondary facing Dak Prescott and Patrick Mahomes throwing to Amari Cooper, CeeDee Lamb, and Tyreek Hill two games in a row. This is largely the same largely-mediocre group as last season, except now a year older. You’re not stopping Dallas, Kansas City, or Tampa Bay with these players, no matter what defensive scheme you dial up.

The Eagles have spent the last couple years investing heavily in the offense, while the defense has gotten mostly scraps. This is simply the end result of that.
Absolutely, I know it's tough to swallow in the moment but you can't take these last two games and really guage anything from them. Carolina's dumped twice as many resources into their defense as us and they got lit up by Dallas today, everybody gets cooked by Kansas City when they aren't shooting themselves in the foot with silly turnovers.

We know the defense is depleted and needs a ton of fresh blood fused into it, that's what this upcoming draft class and the one after will likely focus on. All we can ask from Gannon is to give us a few performances like week one and two where they bend but don't break and I think he'll deliver on that.

KingCesar

All Star
Daps
Haven't watched the game yet... But why the fukk has miles Sanders got like 10 carries total over the last two weeks?!?

This coaching is just unforgivable... I can understand having your qb throw it 50 times if you have Brady, Mahomes or Rodgers but my goodness. Even if your line is trash, gotta find a way to run the damn ball
Sanders averaged 1.9 yards per carry running behind an offensive line missing 4/5 starters, while the Eagles were moving the ball efficiently through the air. The Eagles didn’t lose this week because of Sirianni’s gameplan. Failure to execute in the redzone, penalties that erased three TDs, and a defense that couldn’t stop Mahomes and Hill were why the Eagles lost.