"Flower Power In The Jalen Hurts Era" *2021 Philadelphia Eagles Season Thread*

NYSTATEOFMIND

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang...Bleedin Green
3 TDs taken off the board and 2 dropped, and an overthrow. It's frustrating, but it is what it is with this squad. Hard to get mad about it once acceptance has settled in.

Defense is pure trash though. FO got some explaining to do for not prioritizing the LB position. And BG deserves a raise... his presence covered up a lot of shyt

tell em again!
they cant ignore LB anymore! and we clearly need another DT and DE
AND CB
AND SAF

we basically need a brand new defense

mikishere

#byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
not really mad at the result today (even had chiefs -7 on my parlay so i knew it was coming). however im not a fan of gannons zone or die scheme with this personnel at all. this whole defense needs an overhaul besides DT and even that is coming sooner than later. the offense looked much better this week but still the lack of run plays from this dikkhead is annoying. hurts missed a few throws out there but generally played a good game today. tampa and carolina next, im fully prepared for 1-5 :manny:. need the colts to win here and there and the phins to keep losing :obama:.

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
3 TDs taken off the board and 2 dropped, and an overthrow. It's frustrating, but it is what it is with this squad. Hard to get mad about it once acceptance has settled in.

Defense is pure trash though. FO got some explaining to do for not prioritizing the LB position. And BG deserves a raise... his presence covered up a lot of shyt
Even with 4 backups on the OL the offense looked good aside from those penalties that wiped out 15 points, just gotta accept the growing pains that come with a new program.

It's hard to really get on the defense for the last two weeks. Gannon knows he's lacking talent at LB and S and trys to scheme around that. Panthers had great defensive numbers this season and Dallas dropped 36 on them in basically three quarters. Hard to get upset when Tyreek goes off, not much you can do about that. Dallas & KC are just tough draws.

Brocka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
I will say I like our offensive talent they have some good pieces to build around if they don't fukk it up. Jury is still out on if the coaching staff is the right unit to mold them and take them over the top though. But overall I like what I see.

Defense needs a complete overhaul though starting with LB. shyt is glaring

KingCesar

All Star
Daps
Let’s try to remember: this team is not a contender. We were never coming into season expecting to make the playoffs. Kansas City is a playoff-caliber team. The Eagles were not supposed to win here. So with that in mind, let’s look at some positives:

- I thought Sirianni did a good job compensating for 4/5ths of the offensive line being out. The offensive gameplan reminded me a lot of the Atlanta game. Lots of quick passes and screens to fast WRs and RBs, who did a good job picking up YAC.

- Hurts was pretty good. He missed a TD pass to Ertz and almost threw an interception, but otherwise was accurate (67% completion). I thought he worked the middle of the field more, although we’d need to see his pass chart to be sure. But he was otherwise efficient and kept the offense moving. A far cry from his abysmal performance on Monday.

- DeVonta Smith had a really good game, with 7 catches on 10 targets and 122 yards, and that's with the refs screwing him out of a TD. That’s the WR1 we need to see going forward, and that’s encouraging coming off two games where he was pretty quiet. Need to see him do it against real defenses, though.

- Aside from Dillard, I didn’t see a lot of fukk-ups on the offensive line which was good since Lane was declared inactive right at game time.

- Colts won, which they needed to stay alive, and we needed to retain our chances at a 1st round pick. Miami lost, which also helps us, since the Eagles own their 1st, too. Hope for a Jets victory in OT to keep the Colts competitive with the Titans.

The penalties were annoying, and cost Philadelphia at least two TDs. The Eagles shot themselves in the foot over and over again, and probably did just as much to lose themselves the game as Kansas City did. But at least we were competitive against a playoff-caliber team. That’s about as much as you could hope for with this team.

The defense is garbage, but that was to be expected. There’s very little young talent on that side of the ball and a bunch of JAGs at linebacker. Barnett sucks so bad.

EDIT: The Jets won!!!

Last edited:

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
The defense is garbage, but that was to be expected. There’s very little young talent on that side of the ball and a bunch of JAGs at linebacker. Barnett sucks so bad.
Most disappointing thing about the last two weeks to me :hhh:

BG going down was supposed to be an opportunity for him to earn a check in free agency, and this dude is out here over-pursuing every rush, non-existent in run defense, racking up more penalties than tackles for loss :scust: