"Flower Power In The Jalen Hurts Era" *2021 Philadelphia Eagles Season Thread*

KingCesar

All Star
Daps
This is normal for a young qb in 6th game. I mean you have veterans that consistently do that. One who was here last year.

People expecting dude to be a pro bowler already :hhh:.
It is worrying because not only was this true of Week 1 (albeit not an issue, since what the Eagles were doing worked so well), but last season as well. And I get that Hurts only had four starts in 2020, but he also had an entire training camp and preseason. Rookie QBs come in being able to hit the middle of the field, intermediate passes, so the possibility that Hurts either won’t or can’t does merit concern. We’ll see when the Eagles face the Cowboys on Monday.

Let’s just hope it was a product of the game plan and/or what the opposing defense was doing, and not Hurts himself, because I would rather not have to spend all that premium 2022 draft capital on a QB.

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
It is worrying because not only was this true of Week 1 (albeit not an issue, since what the Eagles were doing worked so well), but last season as well. And I get that Hurts only had four starts in 2020, but he also had an entire training camp and preseason. Rookie QBs come in being able to hit the middle of the field, intermediate passes, so the possibility that Hurts either won’t or can’t does merit concern. We’ll see when the Eagles face the Cowboys on Monday.

Let’s just hope it was a product of the game plan and/or what the opposing defense was doing, and not Hurts himself, because I would rather not have to spend all that premium 2022 draft capital on a QB.
I'm not sure intermediate middle is ever gonna be a huge part of his game, when you look at Russell Wilson & Kyler Murray charts they also rarely touch that part of field. With all of them it might be due to their height and lack of comfortability as a result.

gangreen

Top Notch
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn #byrdgang

From what I seen so far these past two seasons, Hurts has issues going through progressions and reading the field. He looks like one of those one read and take off kinda guys or just chucking it deep whenever he sees single high safety.

He reverted back to that against the 49ers. He left alot of underneath stuff open because he was one reading it. I think that pass he threw deep to Quez watkins for like thirty yards. He had Dallas Goedert wide open on the other side.

If he ever masters the mental part of it, the sky is the limit for him. He has a natural ability to extend plays that will offset any current issues with arm talent he currently has.

We need to be patient tho with him.

Last edited:

JoseLuisGotcha

Aka Allhiphopsux
Daps
Reppin
#717 --> #215 #PA #ByrdGang
From what I seen so far these past two seasons, Hurts has issues going through progressions and reading the field. He looks like one of those one read and take off kinda guys or just chucking it deep whenever he sees single high safety.

He reverted back to that against the 49ers. He left alot of underneath stuff open because he was one reading it. I think that pass he threw deep to Quez watkins for like thirty yards. He had Dallas Goedert wide open on the other side.

If he ever masters the mental part of it, the sky is the limit for him. He has a natural ability to extend plays that will offset any current issues with arm talent he currently has.

We need to be patient tho with him. He wil

actually i see him scanning the field and going through progressions but he seems to react slow or have such a slow wind up that the ball always looks sluggish coming out of his hands....im always nervous when he lets it rip. surprisingly his deep balls (pause) reads have been accurate its his intermediate that im worried like anyone can step in front of him....

in comparison when we had vick, he could just flick his wrist and the ball was zippin out of his hand on a rope......jalen gotta get his whole body into it

gangreen

Top Notch
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn #byrdgang
actually i see him scanning the field and going through progressions but he seems to react slow or have such a slow wind up that the ball always looks sluggish coming out of his hands....im always nervous when he lets it rip. surprisingly his deep balls (pause) reads have been accurate its his intermediate that im worried like anyone can step in front of him....

in comparison when we had vick, he could just flick his wrist and the ball was zippin out of his hand on a rope......jalen gotta get his whole body into it[/QUOTE]

so there is something to that hip shyt Dak be doing :ohhh:

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)

lebron-james-lebron.gif