"Flower Power In The Jalen Hurts Era" *2021 Philadelphia Eagles Season Thread*

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps

They got the extension done

It's funny how life repeats itself - in 2016 Howie did the same thing extending Ertz, Lane and Curry. Two of those turned into some of the biggest bargains in the league locking up All-Pro's and even though Vinny didn't live up to his deal he was a starter on our SB squad and played well that year.

If Sweat can stay healthy and move back to RE next year we might go 3 for 3 this time, Mailata & Goedert feel like guarantees to hit :mjgrin:

NYSTATEOFMIND

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang...Bleedin Green
I was with you about cheering raegor over Jefferson. I blame the years of having Jordan Matthews and Nelly, slot guys that failed on the outside and JJ was mostly a slot guy at LSU

I was wrong about raegor:yeshrug:. The way used him in Detroit with the end arounds is the right way but we can't run a screen right with dude for him to be effective and his route running ain't it

Smith is the #1 and now that him and Jalen are really geling together :banderas: league will take notice

I like quez too, I think he can really be a solid #2 deep threat guy. He had a bad drop today in the enzone but him making plays as a 6 rounder project, he's already over achieved

For the draft I'm looking at this dude to add

He just broke his ankle and was starting to get late first round, early 2nd round projections. Hopefully he slides to the 3rd round :win:

I know modern science makes ankle injuries less risky but I still hate taking on a guy who has had a season ending injury. Drake is a big boy, the only issue I have is alot of his work is done from the slot and he isnt fast so it feels like he is almost like a move TE type than a true outside X WR. Maybe he comes in and can work the outside and everything I posted is bullshyt...Even though we are in the playoff hunt, ima start checking up on the next crop of WR bc I lost all hope in Reagor

So UnThotful

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
TSC/Icey/ByrdGang
I know modern science makes ankle injuries less risky but I still hate taking on a guy who has had a season ending injury. Drake is a big boy, the only issue I have is alot of his work is done from the slot and he isnt fast so it feels like he is almost like a move TE type than a true outside X WR. Maybe he comes in and can work the outside and everything I posted is bullshyt...Even though we are in the playoff hunt, ima start checking up on the next crop of WR bc I lost all hope in Reagor
Same here :mjcry:

I know some of y'all will call me crazy but I wouldn't have an issue in using one of the 1st rounders on a WR :yeshrug:

NYSTATEOFMIND

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Same here :mjcry:

I know some of y'all will call me crazy but I wouldn't have an issue in using one of the 1st rounders on a WR :yeshrug:

I wouldnt call it crazy but I just think there are more pressing needs than WR- plus I dont wanna be the Detroit Lions of the old day drafting WR in the first round for 1000 years

Like everyone else- I am more keen on using the picks on defense, maybe a dominant offensive lineman...like a pro bowl level lineman...other than that load up the defense, if they are keeping Gannon (and its likely they will) this team NEEDS a blue chip safety and linebacker. I know they dont draft LB in the first round but getting a blue chipper in round 2 should be on the table. On the free agent front, looks like the Bengals still havent signed Jessie Bates- if there is any chance he hits free agency...we...need...to sign...him!

So UnThotful

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
TSC/Icey/ByrdGang
I wouldnt call it crazy but I just think there are more pressing needs than WR- plus I dont wanna be the Detroit Lions of the old day drafting WR in the first round for 1000 years

Like everyone else- I am more keen on using the picks on defense, maybe a dominant offensive lineman...like a pro bowl level lineman...other than that load up the defense, if they are keeping Gannon (and its likely they will) this team NEEDS a blue chip safety and linebacker. I know they dont draft LB in the first round but getting a blue chipper in round 2 should be on the table. On the free agent front, looks like the Bengals still havent signed Jessie Bates- if there is any chance he hits free agency...we...need...to sign...him!
I want us to take the best DE and CB/S with the first two picks

That 3rd pick will be a luxury for us to take a BPA

NYSTATEOFMIND

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
maddox so overrated. i dont get what everyone see in him

he is playing really well this year, not sure how you dont see that (he was playing out of position last season and he was really good in his rookie year)

you dont see slot corners making many plays at all this season plus its only 15M guaranteed, thats not alot of money

Box Factory

hater
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang
Miles is apparently back and starting?

He needs to take a cue from what Boston, and Howard have been doing.

Get rid of those east west runs just trying to bounce everything outside, and just hit the hole and get yards

He better not mess with this generational running game :ufdup:

1thouwow

Poster of the Year
Daps
maddox so overrated. i dont get what everyone see in him

he is playing really well this year, not sure how you dont see that (he was playing out of position last season and he was really good in his rookie year)

you dont see slot corners making many plays at all this season plus its only 15M guaranteed, thats not alot of money
nikkas in here really think only all pros deserve extensions. Maddox has been holding his own on every TE/slot WR this year.

:unimpressed: