"Flower Power In The Jalen Hurts Era" *2021 Philadelphia Eagles Season Thread*

Jerz-2

GOATs Status
Daps
Yeah, Maddox has been ballin' this year, not sure where the hate comes from....
Tomorrow feels like a big game. :wow: with the way our schedule sets up we will be in contention for a wild card
See, HERE is the issue I have with this team: WHICH team is gonna show up, exactly? The degree of consistency necessary for me to invest in that statement has just been....LACKING. For a long time.

I just look for positive gains by QUARTER now. Progression, particularly from a coaching perspective.

KingCesar

All Star
Daps
Tomorrow feels like a big game. :wow: with the way our schedule sets up we will be in contention for a wild card
It’s a big game. But even more important than the outcome, of course, is the way the Eagles play – especially on offense. The offense has gotten better in the last few weeks. By DVOA, the Eagles offense now sits at 8th in the NFL. Obviously the running game fuels this, and is currently ranked 4th. But even the passing offense has improved, too, and is now ranked 13th.

For comparison’s sake, by the end of 2020, the Eagles offense was ranked 28th overall, 29th passing and 18th rushing.

If the offense – particularly Hurts and Sirianni – can have a good day against a very tough Saints defense, then that’s huge for the Eagles going forward. Because most of the offensive core is already in place. You have a promising WR1 candidate in Devonta Smith, who’s a rookie and will likely get even better than he currently is (and he’s damn good already). The only two people on the offensive line likely not a part of the Eagles long-term future are Kelce and Brooks. Goedert just got extended. The only real questions facing the Eagles on offense at this point are their QB and offensive-minded HC.

So if Hurts – as big a critic as I’ve been of him, I’m fine with sticking with Hurts in 2022 if he continues to improve the way he has so far – and Sirianni perform well against one of the toughest defenses they’ll see all year, then they go a long way towards answering those questions. Because then you’re really only a WR2 and a long-term, downhill RB away on offense. Both can be addressed in Free Agency. And the Eagles would be free to spend what will likely be three 1st Round draft picks on defense.

Not to mention, a win here puts the Eagles at 5-6 with games against the Jets, Giants (x2), WFT (x2), and a Dallas team that could be resting starters. Can you imagine going from a 4-win team in 2020 to an 8, 9, or 10-win team in 2021 that’s in playoff contention? That’s pretty big.

Yeah, I’m pretty excited for this game. It’s going to be an important one. :wow: