"Flower Power In The Jalen Hurts Era" *2021 Philadelphia Eagles Season Thread*

gangreen

Top Notch
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn #byrdgang
We need to trade more players for more picks

Slay, Nelson, and McLeod specifically

Slay is too much in dead cap if you trade him. Same thing with Cox, Johnson and Brooks(if he were healthy)

Barnett, Nelson, McLeod, Harris, Dillard, Sanders and Reagor are realistic players that can get moved for decent draft capital without cap consequences.

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
maybe ill bite his hairy ankle and show him my "dog mentality"...what a fukkin clown...he actually makes me miss Doug Pederson....how can he be more of a doofus???

HOW????

Howie Roseman hire bro. They didn't want the black man in Deuce who I think would be a great ass coach and thr players wanted. Doug was a players favorite as well. They didn't want McDaniels because he will tell Howie to kick rocks. They needed yes men.

NYSTATEOFMIND

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang...Bleedin Green
Howie Roseman hire bro. They didn't want the black man in Deuce who I think would be a great ass coach and thr players wanted. Doug was a players favorite as well. They didn't want McDaniels because he will tell Howie to kick rocks. They needed yes men.

yeah I know but thats why I made the comment a few days ago that our next head coach will be a brotha because....all the top notch white coaches aint coming here, especially if Roseman is still here. We aint turning shyt down since opportunities are few and far between- we have to hope that the next coach is a "football guy" who believe in analytics ...a little bit....so Jeff would hire him

So UnThotful

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
TSC/Icey/ByrdGang
I'm like 90% sure Howie wanted McDaniels, Laurie made the final decision and went with Sirianni instead

Edit: Jeffrey Lurie still needs to be sold on McDaniels hire: report

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
I'm like 90% sure Howie wanted McDaniels, Laurie made the final decision and went with Sirianni instead
That's where the disconnect is among fans - Howie's supposedly pulling all these strings but multiple people who aren't a mouth piece for him (like McLane) reported that he wanted McDaniels and Lurie wouldn't greenlight it because he didn't think they could co-exist long term. So Jeff went with a green offensive coach who impressed him and who he thinks can grow into the job like Andy did.

That's why all the "Sirianni's a Howie puppet" talk makes no sense, he's a Lurie puppet if anything. To be honest Howie's basically a meat shield for Jeff too, he catches all the fire even though he's very much an extension of what Jeff wants to do (QB factory, heavy analytics approach, prioritize the trenches).

NYSTATEOFMIND

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang...Bleedin Green

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
I dont know if I believe that 100%- I am pretty sure Howie leaks info to reporters...and maybe he leaked that he wanted Josh bc he knows how the public perceives him as an insecure weasel
When Howie's working his spin he uses Rapaport and Garafolo, Florio isn't really one of his plugs. That's why I believed it, a bunch of people who aren't on his payroll like Florio, McLane and Caplan were saying McD was his guy.

Like for example :

He's getting that straight from Howie, which tells me they're gonna make a full court press on Rodgers and Wilson if/when they're made available, or make sure they grab whichever QB prospect they fall in love with (if there even is one). Doesn't mean that's gonna happen but using those 1s on a QB is clearly their first choice.

Last edited: