"Flower Power In The Jalen Hurts Era" *2021 Philadelphia Eagles Season Thread*

mikishere

#byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
The team is assembled to win. They have the pieces. Strong d line, decent secondary and well we know the linebackers are trash. Solid o line when healthy. Skill position players at widecreceiver, tight end and runningback.

The problem is really the head coach on the offensive side and the QB.

Defense played like shyt but they have been decent, they will have bad games, offense supposed to pick em up some times.

As I watch him each week, It's looking more and more that Hurts is a slower Taysom Hill at this point. He is gamer but he don't have the arm talent to be the long term option especially with this offensive philosophy (whatever it is).

The upcoming QB draft class is trash. So to me, at this point if Aaron Rodgers or Russell Wilson become available this offseason, I'm throwing first rounders. Staying away from Watson until his situation is clearer.

So let the youngest play and learn. Let's see how things shake out.

But I'm really not liking what I'm seeing from Sirianni and Hurts week to week.

personally i think the d line is overrated at this point. its a good d line yes, but i've been disappointed overall in all of them this season besides hargrave. cox just called out the scheme basically a few minutes ago but dude was getting tossed around like this for much of the game:

i haven't seen sweat make much of an impact since the contract and derek barnett is self explanatory. slay has been alright this year but i rather sell high on him now than wait for those down years after 30. we still need safeties and another corner. linebacker is also self explanatory.

idk what to do at QB because honestly I somewhat agree with you about hurts and this QB draft class is horrid. i don't think all of the offensive vows fall on him though. the o line isn't that good with all the mix and matching we've been doing all season. the skill positions are decent but idk if I would call the roster ready to win yet. sirianni called a good 1st quarter in his defense up until sanders got injured then everything all around went to shyt.

i'll sit back, wait and let it play out but personally i think this roster overall is damaged goods (outside of the young skill positions) and i would be looking to sell now than later.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Everybody throwing Gannon under the bus
fukk em

it starts at the top and none of these nikkas know what they are doing. we are seeing the product of their ineptness on the field

everything we are seeing should be expected since siranni and his boys came in on the first day

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
personally i think the d line is overrated at this point. its a good d line yes, but i've been disappointed overall in all of them this season besides hargrave. cox just called out the scheme basically a few minutes ago but dude was getting tossed around like this for much of the game:

i haven't seen sweat make much of an impact since the contract and derek barnett is self explanatory. slay has been alright this year but i rather sell high on him now than wait for those down years after 30. we still need safeties and another corner. linebacker is also self explanatory.

idk what to do at QB because honestly I somewhat agree with you about hurts and this QB draft class is horrid. i don't think all of the offensive vows fall on him though. the o line isn't that good with all the mix and matching we've been doing all season. the skill positions are decent but idk if I would call the roster ready to win yet. sirianni called a good 1st quarter in his defense up until sanders got injured then everything all around went to shyt.

i'll sit back, wait and let it play out but personally i think this roster overall is damaged goods (outside of the young skill positions) and i would be looking to sell now than later.

Graham injury is a domino effect, it forced Sweat to the left side of the line even though he spent his first three years entirely on the right side. So you have him over there basically learning on the fly and then you got Barnett getting starter snaps on the right side being a non-factor. He's pulling his usual routine of showing up for a game or two (CAR, TB) while being non-existent for the five around them. Ngakoue & Crosby is what a legit edge rush looks like, maybe we'll get back to that next year with Sweat back at RE and whichever edge we draft at LE.

Like you said, the offense had a good gameplan and good rhythm before Miles went down. Once he did that drive stalled and Vegas outscored us 24-0 with the offense only touching the ball twice (including the one play fumble drive).

I know it's a tough pill to swallow but I was prepared to ride out these growing pains, it is what it is. It's a transition year and that's just apart of the process.

Last edited:

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
Impt thing is Miami lost yest, we need them to be somewhere under 5 wins this season

Colts winning ain't a bad thing...need Wentz to start & finish 14 games this season

We aren't good, and I tried to temper expectations from the beginning

Every win from here on out worsens our draft position

:yeshrug:

Last yr I wanted Ja'marr Chase...this yr I want Kyle Hamilton (Safety), Drake London (WR), and Stingley (CB)

thashiek

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area

Did you stop yourself from going on a kkkooper rant? :pachaha:

CVIF36EUB5O4XF5INOJHOJDC3Y.jpg

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
hurts is the definition of a garbage time qb
dude stat padding like crazy and all these TV folks who dont watch the games eat it up

Hurts is the new KING of garbage time statpadding

:mjlol:

yea it's becoming like a weekly thing now
dude will have 65 yards passing in the third quarter, team down multiple scores
opposing defense goes into prevent giving him everything underneath
he'll finish with 250-300+ yards after mounting a "comeback" and box score readers think he had a aight game not realizing dude wasn't doing shyt for 3 quarters

1thouwow

Poster of the Year
Daps
Im not a fan of firing staff and benching players in the middle of the season, especially if the person behind them aren’t better or we don’t have a plan. I want us to be sellers at this draft. Our roster doesnt have talent. I think we need to trade Cox. This needs to be Kelce and McCleod last year for us. I would say Brandon Graham too but he’s injured.

If we fire Howie, who y’all expecting to hire?
If we fire Gannon (which I support) or Sirianni who can we realistically hire?
If we bench Hurts, and don’t draft a QB, who’s gonna start next year?

I get it we suck, and we want change, but some of the shyt ain’t gonna be a sudden improvement and we some shyt we gotta wait out

Box Factory

hater
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang
As much as I disliked the way duce was treated, the Sirianni hiring, and the schemes/ playcalling ...

I do like the vast majority of the moves we made in the last year. I really liked the draft, and that we didn't make any over the top signings . The Flacco and Ertz trades are good moves.