"Flower Power In The Jalen Hurts Era" *2021 Philadelphia Eagles Season Thread*

NYSTATEOFMIND

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang...Bleedin Green
When Howie's working his spin he uses Rapaport and Garafolo, Florio isn't really one of his plugs. That's why I believed it, a bunch of people who aren't on his payroll like Florio, McLane and Caplan were saying McD was his guy.

Like for example :

He's getting that straight from Howie, which tells me they're gonna make a full court press on Rodgers and Wilson if/when they're made available, or make sure they grab whichever QB prospect they fall in love with (if there even is one). Doesn't mean that's gonna happen but using those 1s on a QB is clearly their first choice.

I know Garafolo is a Howie boy because whenever he is on the radio and the host talks negatively about Howie- Garafolo gets real testy and defensive and defends Roseman..its infuriating.

NYSTATEOFMIND

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
i hate the idea of throwing away 2-3 first rounders on a qb thats gonna be 30+ and surrounded with talentless young guys and a staff that doesnt know what they are doing. that'll be the ultimate way of playing ourselves

Amen...I was watching Malik Willis a lil, I am coming around to him but he is the kind of guy who needs a good QB coach and a sharp OC/HC to get the best out of him. He has a strong arm but his mechanics need work but maybe he falls to the eagles without having to use multiple picks to get him

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
i hate the idea of throwing away 2-3 first rounders on a qb thats gonna be 30+ and surrounded with talentless young guys and a staff that doesnt know what they are doing. that'll be the ultimate way of playing ourselves
Being apprehensive about is fair - but I think when they do their self scouting/evaluation this offseason they're gonna see every other snap where DeVonta is catching ankles, Quez is running free downfield, Goedert is finding holes in the seams, Miles & Kenny shaking loose with their touches and they're gonna say to themselves "damn, if we add Rogers or Wilson why can't we replicate the Favre Vikings, Manning Broncos, Brady Bucs and go for it".

One of those QBs with these skills guys, + Stoutland putting together an OL for them, + replacing Reagor with a veteran WR and all of a sudden they've got a chance to do something special. They'd also still be in position to use the majority of their draft capital on the defensive side and overhaul it.

No guarantee it happens but the moonshot for a future HOF QB is definitely gonna tempt them.

So UnThotful

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
TSC/Icey/ByrdGang
That's where the disconnect is among fans - Howie's supposedly pulling all these strings but multiple people who aren't a mouth piece for him (like McLane) reported that he wanted McDaniels and Lurie wouldn't greenlight it because he didn't think they could co-exist long term. So Jeff went with a green offensive coach who impressed him and who he thinks can grow into the job like Andy did.

That's why all the "Sirianni's a Howie puppet" talk makes no sense, he's a Lurie puppet if anything. To be honest Howie's basically a meat shield for Jeff too, he catches all the fire even though he's very much an extension of what Jeff wants to do (QB factory, heavy analytics approach, prioritize the trenches).
Caplan and mosher dropped the scoop that Laurie was behind the JJAW pick and pushed for it. Howie wanted Paris Campbell but Doug eventually supported the JJAW pick with Laurie and the rest is history

When I first heard it I was :ohhh: and :gucci:

Daps
When Howie's working his spin he uses Rapaport and Garafolo, Florio isn't really one of his plugs. That's why I believed it, a bunch of people who aren't on his payroll like Florio, McLane and Caplan were saying McD was his guy.

Like for example :

He's getting that straight from Howie, which tells me they're gonna make a full court press on Rodgers and Wilson if/when they're made available, or make sure they grab whichever QB prospect they fall in love with (if there even is one). Doesn't mean that's gonna happen but using those 1s on a QB is clearly their first choice.

Trading for or signing Aaron Rodgers would be the single dumbest move they've made in years. He'll be 39 years old at the end of next season. This ain't like the Broncos making a run at Peyton, and Tom Brady is an anomaly. A 38 yr old QB on this squad accomplishes nothing. They're not sniffing a Super Bowl run anytime soon so what would be the point?

Russell also ain't no spring chicken. He's got 4-5 years left in him at best. He'll be 33 next month. That's the same age that they traded McNabb away to Washington.

Last edited:

Travelnomad

Banned
Daps
Being apprehensive about is fair - but I think when they do their self scouting/evaluation this offseason they're gonna see every other snap where DeVonta is catching ankles, Quez is running free downfield, Goedert is finding holes in the seams, Miles & Kenny shaking loose with their touches and they're gonna say to themselves "damn, if we add Rogers or Wilson why can't we replicate the Favre Vikings, Manning Broncos, Brady Bucs and go for it".

One of those QBs with these skills guys, + Stoutland putting together an OL for them, + replacing Reagor with a veteran WR and all of a sudden they've got a chance to do something special. They'd also still be in position to use the majority of their draft capital on the defensive side and overhaul it.

No guarantee it happens but the moonshot for a future HOF QB is definitely gonna tempt them.

We gotta think long term tho , those QB are 30+ , we’re not a QB away from being a true contender . We’re aging & extremely banged up on both sides of the ball . I hope Howie is not stupid enough to throw a Hail Mary to try to save his job or worst sabotage the eagles on his way out

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
We gotta think long term tho , those QB are 30+ , we’re not a QB away from being a true contender . We’re aging & extremely banged up on both sides of the ball . I hope Howie is not stupid enough to throw a Hail Mary to try to save his job or worst sabotage the eagles on his way out

I'd rather go for a Mariota on a one year deal. he can do what Hurts does but will be better throwing the ball. We need a stop gap.

I'd even consider trading back in the first round for a 2022 + 2023 first rounder, similar to what the Littles did trading back from 11 to 20 (and getting an extra 2022 first rounder)

We need depth everywhere, and I wouldn't mind getting an extra 2023 FRP

NYSTATEOFMIND

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Nah that man the damn clouds cause he high as shyt to be thinking like this :mjlol:

EDIT: hol up this some bullshyt shyttiani said? :gucci:
Do coaches get drug tested? Boy gon off that powda

All of philadelphia is clowning Nick Kottite bc he told a reporter (who asked how do you motivate your team when yall nikkas is cheeks) "well, i put up a picture of a flower and told them they are the flower and you have to water it and fertilize it and it will grow"

im paraphrasing but yes- he used a flower to describe a football team- so that tweet is from Tre Thomas (former eagles LT) clowning Nick