"Flower Power In The Jalen Hurts Era" *2021 Philadelphia Eagles Season Thread*

1thouwow

Poster of the Year
Daps
Raegor got hella potential...he needs to be put in motion more & he needs a QB with anticipation who can get him the rock

Wish we schemed to get him more looks
Hurts has played bad but cut it out. Reagor has been terrible. He probably wouldn’t even make the team on the cardinals or cowboys.

filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S
people really need to stop it....all the hate that Jalen has been getting in these past weeks has been ridiculous....people are asking way too much from a guy who's basically a rookie...what does he have 10 starts between two coaches?

If you compare him to all of the 1st rd/ top QB picks in the last 2 years...he looks just as good as they do....maybe even a little better...he's official imo...there's a ton to build on skill wise

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
people really need to stop it....all the hate that Jalen has been getting in these past weeks has been ridiculous....people are asking way too much from a guy who's basically a rookie...what does he have 10 starts between two coaches?

If you compare him to all of the 1st rd/ top QB picks in the last 2 years...he looks just as good as they do....maybe even a little better...he's official imo...there's a ton to build on skill wise

He's been atrocious most of the season

Most rookie QBs don't play their full rookie season, it's no excuse

He knew the speed of the game and what it takes to be successful. He hasn't even been mediocre. His QBR the last 4 wks has ranged from 10 to 40. He's not even playing mediocre ball.

Sirianni has guys running open this season...damn near every deep ball is underthrown...most of the passes are to the right, even when guys are open in the middle of the field and to the left

I'm pissed we wasted a 2nd rd pick on him

We will be starting over at QB, it's just a matter of Time

Last edited:

filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S
He's been atrocious most of the season

Most rookie QBs don't play their full rookie season, it's no excuse

He knew the speed of the game and what it takes to be successful. He hasn't even been mediocre. His QBR the last 4 wks has ranged from 10 to 40. He's not even playing mediocre ball.

Sirianni has guys running open this season...damn near every deep ball is overthrown...most of the passes are to the right, even when guys are open in the middle of the field and to the left

I'm pissed we wasted a 2nd rd pick on him

We will be starting over at QB, it's just a matter of Time

Stop it...I'm not a QBR fan and I don't judge this simply on stats, but to understand what's going on requires atleast some nuance...the reality is, the man is basically a rookie...he's in a pass happy, run deficient offense with a new coach, new OC with only 10 starts to his name

I looked up his QBR...he's 27th...ahead of Trevor Lawrence, Justin Fields, Zach Wilson, and Tua...Mac Jones is marginally ahead of him by a few points. Out of the star rookie Qbs in the last 2 years who can you honestly say looks better than he does? Joe Burrow, Justin Herbert? Great! those guys should be better given their pedigree...but he's clearly ahead of the curve by comparison to the rest.

So far, he's 2-4 in wins....he's projected to throw for 4,000 yards, 21TDs and 11Ints this season...that sounds pretty damn good to me for a guy in his first year...out of 6 games...he's had a passer rating of over 100 twice...and his completion rate has hovered between 60-70%...and do we need to even bring up his rushing stats?

I've watched every game...and yes he's missed some critical throws...and yes he's quick to roll out of the pocket rather than read what the defense is giving him....but like I said...the man is basically a rookie...when you put it in the context of his maturity he actually is doing against his peers rather than comparing him to the league's all-stars...he's doing pretty damn good and definitely is the future QB of the franchise imo

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
Stop it...I'm not a QBR fan and I don't judge this simply on stats, but to understand what's going on requires atleast some nuance...the reality is, the man is basically a rookie...he's in a pass happy, run deficient offense with a new coach, new OC with only 10 starts to his name

I looked up his QBR...he's 27th...ahead of Trevor Lawrence, Justin Fields, Zach Wilson, and Tua...Mac Jones is marginally ahead of him by a few points. Out of the star rookie Qbs in the last 2 years who can you honestly say looks better than he does? Joe Burrow, Justin Herbert? Great! those guys should be better given their pedigree...but he's clearly ahead of the curve by comparison to the rest.

So far, he's 2-4 in wins....he's projected to throw for 4,000 yards, 21TDs and 11Ints this season...that sounds pretty damn good to me for a guy in his first year...out of 6 games...he's had a passer rating of over 100 twice...and his completion rate has hovered between 60-70%...and do we need to even bring up his rushing stats?

I've watched every game...and yes he's missed some critical throws...and yes he's quick to roll out of the pocket rather than read what the defense is giving him....but like I said...the man is basically a rookie...when you put it in the context of his maturity he actually is doing against his peers rather than comparing him to the league's all-stars...he's doing pretty damn good and definitely is the future QB of the franchise imo

QBR is the best QB metric out there

How is a guy with stats that good so low in QBR? Bc they don't put as much weight to completing passes down 21 bc the impact on winning atp is lower.

I'm not worried about no other young QB except the one that plays for my team...he keeps making the same mistakes...he's not improving...he got worse each start last yr and the same so far this season

throwing for 115 yds against a terrible secondary is inexcusable...I watch every game and all his stats are misleading

he's not all that accurate, arm strength is lacking, happy feet, no poise in the pocket, takes off (to the right almost always) when first read isn't open, no anticipation, makes bad decisions, doesn't recognize blitzes pre-snap, doesn't have good command of the offense

This is what I see...Against SF, KC, Dal, Carolina, and TB, I saw a backup at best...not a franchise QB

His only saving grace is scrambling

filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S
QBR is the best QB metric out there

How is a guy with stats that good so low in QBR? Bc they don't put as much weight to completing passes down 21 bc the impact on winning atp is lower.

I'm not worried about no other young QB except the one that plays for my team...he keeps making the same mistakes...he's not improving...he got worse each start last yr and the same so far this season

throwing for 115 yds against a terrible secondary is inexcusable...I watch every game and all his stats are misleading

he's not all that accurate, arm strength is lacking, happy feet, no poise in the pocket, takes off (to the right almost always) when first read isn't open, no anticipation, makes bad decisions, doesn't recognize blitzes pre-snap, doesn't have good command of the offense

This is what I see...Against SF, KC, Dal, Carolina, and TB, I saw a backup at best...not a franchise QB

His only saving grace is scrambling
So lets just ignore all context and go with the narrative that because he's not like Aaron Rogers...he sucks and needs to be booted? :dahell:

you got it bruh :hubie:

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
So lets just ignore all context and go with the narrative that because he's not like Aaron Rogers...he sucks and needs to be booted? :dahell:

you got it bruh :hubie:

Dont need him to be AR

Need him to perform at a mid-tier level...he's not

Best believe competition will be brought in during the offseason via draft or FA bc any scout can see he is not a franchise QB

filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S
Dont need him to be AR

Need him to perform at a mid-tier level...he's not

Best believe competition will be brought in during the offseason via draft or FA bc any scout can see he is not a franchise QB
Out of the top 8 QBs drafted in the last two years, only 2 of them are performing at that level. It's ridiculous for you to expect him to perform at that high of a level in the NFL without even a full season under his belt. You may not care, but context matters...he doesn't exist in a vaccum

And if he does end up going 21/11 4,000 yrds as he's projected to do...he's got the job locked up especially on a rookie contract. Other than Deshawn Watson popping up...I don't see them willing to bring someone else on board.

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
Out of the top 8 QBs drafted in the last two years, only 2 of them are performing at that level. It's ridiculous for you to expect him to perform at that high of a level in the NFL without even a full season under his belt. You may not care, but context matters...he doesn't exist in a vaccum

And if he does end up going 21/11 4,000 yrds as he's projected to do...he's got the job locked up especially on a rookie contract. Other than Deshawn Watson popping up...I don't see them willing to bring someone else on board.

I don't agree...I think he won't end next season as the starter

Dude is CHEEKS

I'm willing to take a chance on Malik Willis

KingCesar

All Star
Daps
Miami just lost to Jacksonsville. :mjgrin:

Our chances for a Top 5-10 1st Round pick (outside of our own) just increased significantly. Because if you can’t beat the Jags, then who CAN you beat? :mjlol: