First UE5 game runs at 720p on consoles.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
juelz-talking.gif
:mjlol:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Thread: UE5 is horrible, let talk about it

Xbox stans after they realize its far more horrible on the series s and people are pointing it out: ok, but lets talk about FFXVI

:skip:
If you actually read the thread title it wasn’t just about UE5.

I talked about other “next gen” games too.

Seems it’s the “next gen” techniques or the lack of last gen optimizations that is the problem.

But as usual all you can do is stan :ehh:

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
What's the point in posting this when it was only about content streaming? And that's backed up in the DF video when they talk about the impressively detailed geometry of the world and the visual effects and lighting.

By yall, i mean all of yall, playstation and xbox stans. :yeshrug:

I always said making Sweeney the king of gaming was gonna be a bad move
I mean, it's not like UE5 is bad. The developer just chose to go whole hog instead of being practical.

You might assume that this size and scope and beauty requires some serious processing power. You would be correct. “You can see in other fantasy games where they backed off on some of the detail because it wasn’t practical,” Mark says. “We chose not to be practical. But in order to do all this we had to make the hard decision not to support older video cards and the previous generation of consoles. But there’s a hell of a lot more game to play.”

So what does this mean in practice? We wanted to build a game that can be approachable by current-gen hardware while also still giving PC enthusiasts an experience that harnesses the beauty of Unreal Engine 5.1. As a benchmark, here are our recommendations for running the game at the minimum settings we’re targeting at 1080p/60fps and at its recommended settings at 1440p/60fps. However, we’re going to continue optimizing the game all the way up to launch, so these may change. If they do, we’ll be sure to make that clear.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
If you actually read the thread title it wasn’t just about UE5.

I talked about other “next gen” games too.

Seems it’s the “next gen” techniques or the lack of last gem optimizations that is the problem.

But as usual all you can to is stan :ehh:

I didn’t bring up FF, yall did, i just pointed out how absolutely terrible the resolution and fidelity the series s was, its honestly two generations back, thats worth a discussion even if it hurts yall feelings for some reason. You want to talk about it, lets talk about it without yall trying to pivot into console wars

480p is a significant step down from the other two platforms

I just looked on ERA and they’re pointing out the Series S performance also and no one is getting mad about it. Its literally part of the topic in the OP. Why even post the stats from the video if you don’t want to discuss them?

Last edited:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
What's the point in posting this when it was only about content streaming? And that's backed up in the DF video when they talk about the impressively detailed geometry of the world and the visual effects and lighting.
just look at the first few posts in that thread

Take notes MS.

Bu bu bu bu bu bu it won't be powerful.....

:mjlol:

We outchea with photorealistic scenes and life-like lighting...

All running on the PS5:mjlit:

Sony keeping their foot on Microsoft’s neck straight to next gen :russ:

Lol MS like damn fukk you Epic

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I didn’t bring up FF, yall did, i just pointed out how absolutely terrible the resolution and fidelity the series s was, its honestly two generations back, thats worth a discussion even if it hurts yall feelings for some reason. You want to talk about it, lets talk about it without yall trying to pivot into console wars

480p is a significant step down from the other two platforms

I just looked on ERA and they’re pointing out the Series S performance also and no one is getting mad about it. Its literally part of the topic in the OP. Why even post the stats from the video if you don’t want to discuss them?
Sony stan’s are crazy af :mjlol:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Because yall are sensitive over any criticism around xbox. The series s specs look bad and its not console wars to point it out
They all look fukkin bad. If series S is supposed to play “next gen” games at lower resolutions than its doing its damn job.

The problem is the 720p on the supposed premium machines.

Nobody sensitive. You just got fukkin issues.:mjlol: