First UE5 game runs at 720p on consoles.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Quake 64 ass resolution!

This shyt lowkey looks like a early ps3 game on series s lol

resolution....
QgKcDGs.jpg

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Remnant 2 runs on UE5.

This was supposed to be one of the first hand built games releasing for UE5

This is why i said its stupid that consolidation is happening around gaming engines. UE5 is not the answer to everything. Studios throwing out their proprietary engines for it are gonna be in trouble

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
game looks sharpest on PS5 by far. Theres like an entire generational difference between ps5 and series s lol

DlN3SQN.png

mWw1HM6.png

gYeU0XC.png

qSuEfSK.png

jCiNTGy.png
I don’t think any of these look good. Definitely not good enough to warrant such low resolutions. Which leads back to the question posed in the OP.

Is any of this shyt worth it? We have examples of games that look and perform better than this on the consoles already using old techniques.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I don’t think any of these look good. Definitely not good enough to warrant such low resolutions. Which leads back to the question posed in the OP.

Is any of this shyt worth it? We have examples of games that look and perform better than this on the consoles already using old techniques.

Yall the ones that gassed UE5 because of that matrix demo. :yeshrug:

Decima >UE4/5

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
No one brought up final fantasy but you, the nikka who didn’t even play it lol

Decima is Horizon and Death Stranding
Oh my bad that’s why i asked. Thought that was the engine FF used.

We have not seen a “next gen” decima game. But if they are using old techniques and just pushing them to the max im sure the games will perform better cause they already got all of the efficiencies and optimizations built in.

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Don’t think anyone should be splitting hairs about these 2006 resolutions. Even on PC.

XSS holding 60fps better than PS5

If PS5 and XSX are “next gen” then so is XSS
I watched the video, because I knew you were going to be pushing this misleading narrative. The internal resolution of the Series S version is 768x436. It has severely reduced world detail, increased pop-in and worse shading and shadows in comparison. They mention that the FPS difference is because the PS5 version is using more accurate screen space reflections and higher quality ambient occlusion. They also say those differences only rear their head in certain situations like in the menus, cut-scenes or in some of the more intense moments.