First UE5 game runs at 720p on consoles.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I watched the video, because I knew you were going to be pushing this misleading narrative. The internal resolution of the Series S version is 768x436. It has severely reduced world detail, increased pop-in and worse shading and shadows in comparison. They mention that the FPS difference is because the PS5 version is using more accurate screen space reflections and higher quality ambient occlusion. They also say those differences only rear their head in certain situations like in the menus, cut-scenes or in some of the more intense moments.
Nothing misleading. It’s obvious the S version has lower graphics settings.

Why are y’all like this?

Thread wasn’t even to compare the consoles. They all look like shyt.:mjlol:

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
This shyt lowkey looks like a early ps3 game on series s lol

resolution....
QgKcDGs.jpg
Scaling a resolution that low up to 4k is going to look disgusting. That's fewer pixels than standard definition. :picard:

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
This was supposed to be one of the first hand built games releasing for UE5

This is why i said its stupid that consolidation is happening around gaming engines. UE5 is not the answer to everything. Studios throwing out their proprietary engines for it are gonna be in trouble
Yeah, I was always scratching my head about all of these studios dumping their previous work for Unreal. I feel this happened due to a lot of turnover and contracting in the industry so it's easier to work on unreal than proprietary engine. However, Unreal is a far from perfect engine and we're most likely going to see more issues down the road with most devs using this engine. Hopefully, we don't head into a future where devs are only using Unreal.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Final-Fantasy-16-on-PlayStation-5---The-Digital-Foundry-Tech-Review-21-41-screenshot.png

Y'all dudes amazing, I remember when it was reported that the fps and resolution was sus for the 16 demo and how Sony Stan's jumped in front of the bullet "it's just a demo" the final version with be 60 fps.

That ain't happen and after all that kicking and crying about redfall and how 30fps is unacceptable this generation especially when it comes to action games.

Now y'all act like it ain't even happen, :mjlol: no clue why y'all worried about the series s when the PS5 can't run a game that "Sony helped with" to have a stable frame rate or resolution that doesn't dip to 720 regularly.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Final-Fantasy-16-on-PlayStation-5---The-Digital-Foundry-Tech-Review-21-41-screenshot.png

Y'all dudes amazing, I remember when it was reported that the fps and resolution was sus for the 16 demo and how Sony Stan's jumped in front of the bullet "it's just a demo" the final version with be 60 fps.

That ain't happen and after all that kicking and crying about redfall and how 30fps is unacceptable this generation especially when it comes to action games.

Now y'all act like it ain't even happen, :mjlol: no clue why y'all worried about the series s when the PS5 can't run a game that "Sony helped with" to have a stable frame rate or resolution that doesn't dip to 720 regularly.

Thread: UE5 is horrible, let talk about it

Xbox stans after they realize its far more horrible on the series s and people are pointing it out: ok, but lets talk about FFXVI

:skip:

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
720PS5 users laughing at XSS resolutions are like a Camry driver turning their nose up at a Civic.

Stop it :mjlol:

I mean a camry driver would thumb their nose at a civic driver bc the Honda equivalent to the Toyota camry is the accord :dead:

Last edited:

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
With the way some of these non cutting edge graphic games are selling hopefully some of these devs learn that gameplay is back at the forefront.

Something like Battlebit selling like it is should open some eyes. Valhiem, Vampire Survivors, Hi-Fi Rush get the gameplay right with none of the bullshyt.