First UE5 game runs at 720p on consoles.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Top of the line was the wrong wording, but we see how fast PC’s evolved over the course of the last 3 years. another 3 years it will be even better, i dont think it makes sense to expect console manufacturers not try to keep their hardware somewhat up to date also

Thats the problem with setting expectations for the entire generation around some tech demos with no real gameplay mechanics baked in. It creates a false pretense early on, and this always happens. There are so many notorious tech demo’s the consoles never live up to, the first quantic dream tech demo, FF7, Zelda for GameCube, etc.
The games don’t even look better.

If this game had some crazy amount of detail or lighting to justify the 720p that would be one thing.

But just telling us this is new technology but it looks/runs like shyt ain’t gone be enough.

GTAV ran on Xbox 360 at the same resolution.

We got a long way to go to get to this gens GTAV

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

If this game had some crazy amount of detail or lighting to justify the 720p that would be one thing.

But just telling us this is new technology but it looks/runs like shyt ain’t gone be enough.

New hardware would give these shytty 3rd party games more head room for brute forcing better optimization. For first party studios they could do a lot more

Maybe these UE5 games will manage to run at a 1440p resolution, or better if it actually includes DLSS

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
New hardware would give these shytty 3rd party games more head room for brute forcing better optimization. For first party studios they could do a lot more

Maybe these UE5 games will manage to run at a 1440p resolution, or better if it actually includes DLSS
Don’t nobody want brute force. That’s what they getting on PC for $3000.:beli:

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit

The reason why it's 720p is because it has all of this @60fps.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Gonna cop this with a brand new LCD
iu
:wow:

MarcP

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Being one of the first UE5 games was their only selling point, so they said fukk it and just went all in even though it didn't make sense to based on the hardware they were targeting. So instead of selling off being a graphical showcase, the resolution and image quality is so bad they negated all the benefits of being a Ue5 game.:what:

They mismanaged this shyt completely.

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
told yall they rushed these joints to retail, and bet too much on tech thats not time tested, proven, and reliable. the amount of cross gen games we have should tell you this gen simply wasnt ready

thats why i laugh my butt off when people trash the nintendo switch. yea that shyt is old tech but its tech thats already tried and true. still dropping the biggest and best exclusives on the strength of that

yall are gonna see. this joint being 720p, starfield being 30 fps...these handicaps will be their saving grace because its the content that matters. im glad theyre being humbled and forced to focus on the content. fukk the spec race

Last edited:

Kingshango

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Still not convinced these consoles are all that more powerful than last gen. From day one this shyt was not impressive.:manny:

A bunch of these games started development around 2018/2019 during the PS4/XB1 era so they carry the stench of last gen on them. :scusthov:

There’s even several games STILL coming out for the PS4 next year.

BBG

Superstar
Daps
"big booty monitor" always gets a chuckle out of me; I'm immature as fukk

That's all I have to contribute to this conversation.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
"big booty monitor" always gets a chuckle out of me; I'm immature as fukk

That's all I have to contribute to this conversation.
We called the "phat backs" I had a stock on like 4 that I gave to the smash crew years ago since they need them for that game.