First UE5 game runs at 720p on consoles.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
There’s no shots at sony stan’s.

Like i said you nikkas crazy.

Did you even read the OP :dahell:
Granted, no I only skimmed it :hubie: , but when 95% of your posting is console warring, it ain't hard to figure out the motives :skip: . The bait was laid and Gizzard swooped in. If it wasn't about bucking at Sony Stans, why you ain't tell that fool the focus is on devs not having mature optimization skills for this new hardware? You came back with XSS doing better than the PS5 and the battle been in full swing ever since :mjlol:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I’m leaning more towards they miscalculated and this gen has broken previous theories computing power requirements and resource allocation.

Whatever solution they come up with is going to have to be groundbreaking if they decide to not just brute force it.
I wish I could find the interview with Phil before the systems dropped where when asked about what would be the big thing next generation (this one) he basically said he didn't think it would be a huge graphical jumps and he doesn't really see one of that kind of water shed moments coming for awhile.

He said the biggest thing would be how games felt to play and responded to players playing.

I do agree though that devs or maybe more so the people pushing products (publishers social media) have set up the expectation of ray traced, native 4k graphics with 60 fps and 120fps in performance mode.

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
I think this generation should last at least another 6 years tbh.

I'm sure Sony or MS will try to leapfrog the competition at some point but we have a good ways to go before these games get close to optimized on either system.
I agree with this

With covid and the chip shortage we just now are seeing things loosen up as far as availability

This generation needs to stay here awhile these clowns still can't get it right

Let this generation marinate for awhile

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I agree with this

With covid and the chip shortage we just now are seeing things loosen up as far as availability

This generation needs to stay here awhile these clowns still can't get it right

Let this generation marinate for awhile
Yup, talking about Pro consoles right now, just puts the onus back on us to foot the bill to fulfill the promises they already made with the current hardware we have.

They need to make these consoles sing before talking about any kind of upgrades.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Yup, talking about Pro consoles right now, just puts the onus back on us to foot the bill

Thats not really how it works, both platform holders take a sizeable loss based on the technology they have available to them at the time and moment they launch a new generation. They also have to hit a competitive price point, so they aren’t really putting the onus on us, they took on the cost to give us the best hardware they could for two years.

Now its outdated. No one is getting screwed out of games but you just have to understand what you got 3 years ago isn’t going to be up to par with the software they are developing today. PC owners do the same amount of upgrades to keep up with software

It doesn’t make sense anymore to expect hardware to be top of the line for 8 years, now that they are just compact computers

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Decima engine is the best I have seen in terms of graphics so far

Death Stranding 2 will be the true test of what it can do on current gen consoles. Like, this is a cross-gen game.

FstqawxXoAE4pMw

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Thats not really how it works, both platform holders take a sizeable loss based on the technology they have available to them at the time and moment they launch a new generation. They also have to hit a competitive price point, so they aren’t really putting the onus on us, they took on the cost to give us the best hardware they could for two years.

Now its outdated. No one is getting screwed out of games but you just have to understand what you got 3 years ago isn’t going to be up to par with the software they are developing today. PC owners do the same amount of upgrades to keep up with software

It doesn’t make sense anymore to expect hardware to be top of the line for 8 years, now that they are just compact computers
Breh, nobody said anything about top of the line. And PC players with $1000 equipment aren’t getting the returns they expected.

Devs got some work to do to make any of this hardware worth it.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Breh, nobody said anything about top of the line. And PC players with $1000 equipment aren’t getting the returns they expected.

Devs got some work to do to make any of this hardware worth it.

Top of the line was the wrong wording, but we see how fast PC’s evolved over the course of the last 3 years. another 3 years it will be even better, i dont think it makes sense to expect console manufacturers not try to keep their hardware somewhat up to date also

Thats the problem with setting expectations for the entire generation around some tech demos with no real gameplay mechanics baked in. It creates a false pretense early on, and this always happens. There are so many notorious tech demo’s the consoles never live up to, the first quantic dream tech demo, FF7, Zelda for GameCube, etc.