First Take Debate: Lebron or Steph; Who has been the MVP over the last 10 seasons

Who has been the NBA MVP over the last 10 seasons

• Total voters
Daps
How is that a nonsense hypothetical? People point to Curry’s championships during that span. Are you saying Bron wouldn’t have more championships if he was on those Warriors squads?
Because we're dealing with reality, not fairytales.

lib123

All Star
Daps
That would be steph.

Why? Because he would've started with the Heatles team. And probably would've never left. Also, Bron on those Warriors teams would not have won in 2015 and would not have been in the finals in 2016 which means KD ain't joining Bron.

Bron would've left golden state by year 4.
Who would beat LeBron if he was on those Warriors teams?

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
I got Curry. The difference between them to me is that Lebron raises the floor. You're not going to be a bad team with Bron ball. He'll at least have you as a contender every year. But he also limits the ceiling because you aren't getting the best out of everyone on the team. Bron works the best with players that fit into the system and can be productive without the ball in their hands as much.

Steph I think can fit in any system. He's shown he can succeed in fast paced or half court offenses. He can be the center of offenses with or without the ball in his hand.

In all the hypotheticals we don't know if Dray, Klay, Wiggins, Poole become the players they became because they wouldn't be empowered to expand their games as Lebron would be doing everything on offense limiting their chances to grow their games.

Obviously Bron has the greater overall career and his higher in GOAT standings. In the last 10 though Steph owns that.

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps
I got Curry. The difference between them to me is that Lebron raises the floor. You're not going to be a bad team with Bron ball. He'll at least have you as a contender every year. But he also limits the ceiling because you aren't getting the best out of everyone on the team. Bron works the best with players that fit into the system and can be productive without the ball in their hands as much.

Steph I think can fit in any system. He's shown he can succeed in fast paced or half court offenses. He can be the center of offenses with or without the ball in his hand.

In all the hypotheticals we don't know if Dray, Klay, Wiggins, Poole become the players they became because they wouldn't be empowered to expand their games as Lebron would be doing everything on offense limiting their chances to grow their games.

Obviously Bron has the greater overall career and his higher in GOAT standings. In the last 10 though Steph owns that.
Steph can't fit into any system. He need multiple defenders to cover for him, he needs an elite playmaker who can get him the ball and playmake, he needs multiple shot creators who can spread the floor for him

LMFAO do y'all even pay attention to basketball? My god

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps
Nobody is taking Draymond & Klay over Bosh, Wade, Love, Kyrie & AD in their primes.
Wade, Bosh, and Love were past their prime. AD and Kyrie and proven to lead teams to LOTTERRY PICKS as solo stars. Y'all seriously make this thing too fukn easy with this chit

HabitualChiller

Enjoying a Long Night of Solace✌
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere on an Xbox
You kats that voted no are on some other shyt imo.

If you're looking at who was the Most Valuable Player from 2013-2022, then it'd go like this:

2013 - Bron (Prime Bron. All that needs to be said. Steph wasn't yet a star.)
2014 - Bron (Prime Bron. All that needs to be said. Steph wasn't yet a star.)
2015 - Bron (Prime Bron. All that needs to be said. Steph wasn't yet a star.)
2016 - Steph (73-9 team in the regular season. Although, come Playoff time, Bron was DEFINITELY more valuable).
2017 - Bron (KD was the most valuable player on Golden State)
2018 - Bron (KD was the most valuable player on Golden State)
2019 - Steph (Bron was kinda ass that year on a team that missed the playoffs.)
2020 - Bron
2021 - Bron
2022 - Steph

Peruvian Connect

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wade, Bosh, and Love were past their prime. AD and Kyrie and proven to lead teams to LOTTERRY PICKS as solo stars. Y'all seriously make this thing too fukn easy with this chit
Wade, Bosh and Love were not past their primes and even if you believe that BS they are all better than Klay and Draymond, have all achieved more without LeBron than Klay and Draymond have achieved without Steph. Klay and Draymond aint lead nobody nowhere.

Daps
Using team performance as the basis for assessing individual greatness is inherently hypothetical.
No it's not.

And even if you were to believe it was, what sense is there in swapping their circumstances? That gets you further away from the bigger picture. You can't just throw some shyt out there of Bron and Steph swapping teams and then using that to determine the answer of this thread. The only thing of relevance here is what has happened, not some made-up nonsense that we're unable to come to a logical conclusion of due to the infinite variables involved.

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps

If you're looking at who was the Most Valuable Player from 2013-2022, then it'd go like this:

2016 - Steph (73-9 team in the regular season. Although, come Playoff time, Bron was DEFINITELY more valuable).
2020 - Bron
2021 - Bron
2022 - Steph
Steph wasnt a star when he won his first MVP? :mjlol:

Peruvian Connect

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

2020 - Bron
2021 - Bron
2022 - Steph
So All-Stars aren't stars?

HabitualChiller

Enjoying a Long Night of Solace✌
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere on an Xbox

I agree with most of this, but I'd consider Bron to be more valuable based off of your post.

You can surround him with role players and he'll get you more bang for your buck, Steph needs to be surrounded with good-great talent to maximize the team's potential.

That's also not mentioning that Bron is an all-around player which inherently makes him more valuable...well, depending on who you ask.