First Review for Bioshock Infinite is Up!! (Official Review Thread)

Daps
Reppin
Dreadfort
problem is there's two version of Bookers ones that become Comstock and ones that don't. for the purpose of the game all Bookers that accept the baptism become Comstock and all Bookers that reject it go on to have Anna and sell her to get rid of their debt.

Elizabeth says we have to get rid of Comstock before the choice is made so in order for the choice to not be made all Bookers are drowned that way he can't accept or reject the baptism and Comstock never happens.

we don't see our Elizabeth disappear which creates a paradox as if all Bookers are drowned she'll never be born and then we get that post credit scene and while its not explicitly stated its seemingly our Booker or one that rejected the baptism and sold Anna coming conscious and feverishly looking for Anna. In fact it has to be a Booker that rejects the Baptism because all Bookers that reject it go on to have Anna and sell her. That's impossible because all Bookers are drowned and Comstock doesn't exist so Anna could never be sold and Booker is dead so he can't even have Anna.

the question is does that post credits scene really happen? is it a dream of a dying Booker in his final moments where he drowns before he looks in the crib? nothing is said of it. its literally a scene floating after the credits with no context that if taken at face value invalidates the ending before it. in all reality heads or tails can't be made of it. its intentionally vague.

http://www.abload.de/img/endingtimeline9njbo.jpg

yo you just made me mad confused again but i think this graph helped me understand..the red line signifies a paradox..to destroy the paradox ..old elizabeth sent a tip to young elizabeth which led her to gain super god like powers (like hte luteces) by destroying the siphon..so she kills booker ONLY IF HE ACCEPTS THE BAPTISM to destroy the paradox only leading to only one possible variable which is the blue one..remember..he can still choose to deny the baptism...the whole point is hte elimate comstock as a variable from any possible alternate universe..if he accept the baptism the end of the line result will always be elizabeth drowning you only making denying the baptism a continuing path

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
http://www.abload.de/img/endingtimeline9njbo.jpg

yo you just made me mad confused again but i think this graph helped me understand..the red line signifies a paradox..to destroy the paradox ..old elizabeth sent a tip to young elizabeth which led her to gain super god like powers (like hte luteces) by destroying the siphon..so she kills booker ONLY IF HE ACCEPTS THE BAPTISM to destroy the paradox only leading to only one possible variable which is the blue one..remember..he can still choose to deny the baptism...the whole point is hte elimate comstock as a variable from any possible alternate universe..if he accept the baptism the end of the line result will always be elizabeth drowning you only making denying the baptism a continuing path
our Booker that we reached the ending as rejected the baptism and was clearly drowned. drowning Booker before the choice is made means drowning all Bookers. I've come to accept that Ken created an intentional plot hole for the sake of debate. its like painting a master piece then once its done putting a glaring flaw in it purposely so people will notice it and talk about it.

Daps
Reppin
Dreadfort
our Booker that we reached the ending as rejected the baptism and was clearly drowned. drowning Booker before the choice is made means drowning all Bookers. I've come to accept that Ken created an intentional plot hole for the sake of debate. its like painting a master piece then once its done putting a glaring flaw in it purposely so people will notice it and talk about it.

sigh we will probably never get an explanation..knowing ken levine..he's definetly gonna move onto a totally new setting..i htink he might just reboot the old systemshock franchise :cape::cape:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
sigh we will probably never get an explanation..knowing ken levine..he's definetly gonna move onto a totally new setting..i htink he might just reboot the old systemshock franchise :cape::cape:
these people on GAF ate 111+ pages deep arguing about the universe doesn't allow for paradoxes so the timeline corrects itself and Bookers all reject the baptisim.

the glaring hole in their logic is the Elizabeth we know that drowns all Bookers depends on Comstock to exist to make her who she is and to reach that point. if she drowns him and erases all Comstocks she becomes a paradox because she depends on something that no longer exist to gain her powers and reach that point of drowning Booker.

how can they sit up and design flowcharts and ignore this? the game makes no mention of paradox theories or what the universe will or won't allow. Ken Levine trolled us all with that post credit scene.

Daps
Reppin
Dreadfort
these people on GAF ate 111+ pages deep arguing about the universe doesn't allow for paradoxes so the timeline corrects itself and Bookers all reject the baptisim.

the glaring hole in their logic is the Elizabeth we know that drowns all Bookers depends on Comstock to exist to make her who she is and to reach that point. if she drowns him and erases all Comstocks she becomes a paradox because she depends on something that no longer exist to gain her powers and reach that point of drowning Booker.

how can they sit up and design flowcharts and ignore this? the game makes no mention of paradox theories or what the universe will or won't allow. Ken Levine trolled us all with that post credit scene.

yeah i guess...but the game is def a classic and artistic achievement in my books..i'll take it as it is..i just need a commentary and we good :ehh:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
yeah i guess...but the game is def a classic and artistic achievement in my books..i'll take it as it is..i just need a commentary and we good :ehh:
i think i get what people are trying to say. they're basically saying Elizabeth does in fact drown all Bookers but she does this to create a paradox where if all Bookers drown she can't exist to drown them. its an illogical loop.

the universe then auto corrects and erases all scenarios where Booker accepts the baptism because if he ever accepts it the situation where Elizabeth drowns all Bookers will be created and that can't happen as she makes it impossible.

the post credit scene can then happen because every Booker rejects the baptism. their theory and explanation relies on things the game never explicitly states but it actually does make sense of everything. every Booker rejects the baptism and goes on to have Anna and they go on to live as happily ever after as possible in that hole in the wall he calls an apartment.

Daps
Reppin
Dreadfort
i think i get what people are trying to say. they're basically saying Elizabeth does in fact drown all Bookers but she does this to create a paradox where if all Bookers drown she can't exist to drown them. its an illogical loop.

the universe then auto corrects and erases all scenarios where Booker accepts the baptism because if he ever accepts it the situation where Elizabeth drowns all Bookers will be created and that can't happen as she makes it impossible.

the post credit scene can then happen because every Booker rejects the baptism. their theory and explanation relies on things the game never explicitly states but it actually does make sense of everything. every Booker rejects the baptism and goes on to have Anna and they go on to live as happily ever after as possible in that hole in the wall he calls an apartment.

yeah thats what hte graph was saying..but the booker we see in post credit seems like an emotional booker..as if he was present through the hwole bioshock infinite experience like the way he yells out anna but thats just me..i think thats still a sad ending because booker is still a dead beat gambling father and in the end..elizbeth never exists...the elizabeth we fell in love with :to::to:

Marci-Senpai

Prosperity, longevity and a sound mind.
Daps
Reppin
More Life, Truth & Accountability
i think i have just become a pro in this game brehs :win:

playing on 1999 mode and made it straight from the fraternity of ravens to fink factory without dying once :ohhh:

once u understand the combat and do shyt patiently this game is pretty easy tbh

Daps
Reppin
Dreadfort

playing on 1999 mode and made it straight from the fraternity of ravens to fink factory without dying once :ohhh:

yo i just realized why its called 1999 mode ..thats the same year system shock 2 got released..just bought that ish on GOG for 10$ and game is like 10X harder and scarier then infinite...pray for me :merchant::merchant::merchant:

Plexxx

Return of the G
Daps
Reppin
Mobile, AL

wait until that handyman fight before you get to fitzroy:sadcam:

i had no troubles until then

Grams

Grams Grands Gucci G'd Up
Daps
Reppin
Eastside
The ending

Is a happy one I think. Booker is drowned so he can NEVER be Comstock but he still is the Booker we played in the game and I think at the end Ana is in the crib and everything is all wavy because the Luteces planned for it to be that way :myman:

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
Brehs ive fought 2 handy men so far and im averaging like 3 deaths per fight with them shyts. Im playing on hard. Is that shyt normal?? :why:

Daps
Just finished it last night, must say an absolute incredible game and one that totally plays with your emotions.

This was like the Inception of Video Games, a bit hard for me to grasp it all, but loved it anyway. Definitely had to check the meaning explanations