First Review for Bioshock Infinite is Up!! (Official Review Thread)

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Any thoughts on the post credit scene? I kinda feel like it ruins the ending because its out there and it unexplained with no context around it and you just know its one of those deals where you ask the writer about it and they give some sly answer to leave it intentionally vague.

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
i have not been able to get more than $1100 at any given point in the game...
can't purchase the upgrades that i want. anyone else dealing with this?

also, i am up the the factory fight scene and just got the water power shyt....wish i had it earlier on.

Daps
Reppin
Dreadfort
Any thoughts on the post credit scene? I kinda feel like it ruins the ending because its out there and it unexplained with no context around it and you just know its one of those deals where you ask the writer about it and they give some sly answer to leave it intentionally vague.
kk lets say there's 3 bookers: booker A -> becomes comstock after baptism, booker B -> dead beat father who sells anna to settle debts and booker C -> the booker that we play in bioshock..the one where the luteces forcefully pass him through the tear right before the beginning of hte game..he becomes a different booker because he becomes an amnesiac/loses his memory.. imo i think the drowing scene is the death of both booker A and B..elizabeth kills both of them while rebaptizing/rebirthing booker c into the booker who has the second chance in the post credit scene..someone posted a more indepth analysis on reddit ..kind of made sense at that tim

Daps
Reppin
Dreadfort
i have not been able to get more than $1100 at any given point in the game...
can't purchase the upgrades that i want. anyone else dealing with this?

also, i am up the the factory fight scene and just got the water power shyt....wish i had it earlier on.

what dificulty are you playing? i played on both normal and hard and at the beginning i was just like you .. got up to 1100 but once you get to the middle with a bunch of lock picks/ do all optional quests/ go to every room and collect gold bars and coins from trash cans..you get to a poit where 3k is like the average ammount of cash you'd get..i'd pretty much splurge on primary weapons(machine gun and carbine) and my most important vigors (crow, the fire one and possession are priorities imo..)..planning to play it on 1999 mode sometime after i finish tomb raider ..people saying that mode will give you the work and get you shooked :ooh::ooh:

Marci-Senpai

Prosperity, longevity and a sound mind.
Daps
Reppin
More Life, Truth & Accountability
what dificulty are you playing? and which part u at? i played on both normal and hard and at the beginning i was just like you .. got up to 1100 but once you get to the middle with a bunch of lock picks/ do all optional quests/ go to every room and collect gold bars and coins from trash cans..you get to a poit where 3k is like the average ammount of cash you'd get..i'd pretty much splurge on primary weapons(machine gun and carbine) and my most important vigors (crow, the fire one and possession are priorities imo..)..planning to play it on 1999 mode sometime after i finish tomb raider ..people saying that mode will give you the work and get you shooked :ooh::ooh:

:sadcam::sadcam: 1999 mode is a bytch breh....u really got to be a pro to play that shyt...every fight i get into i die like 2 times or more :snoop:

Daps
Reppin
Dreadfort
:sadcam::sadcam: 1999 mode is a bytch breh....u really got to be a pro to play that shyt...every fight i get into i die like 2 times or more :snoop:

yeah i heard..i really wanna try that ish..imagine the last level on 1999 mode :damn: ..normal was like hte biggest joke..didn't die a single time..i thought it was easier then bioshock's normal :yeshrug:..see human units ? spam crows vigor and win..see a patriot? spam fire balls and hide...see a handy man? spam electrocute and shoot his heart..once you get return to sender..you're pretty much god status and the funny thing is elizabeth is always around to corner to replenish salts ammo and health lmaoo

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
what dificulty are you playing? i played on both normal and hard and at the beginning i was just like you .. got up to 1100 but once you get to the middle with a bunch of lock picks/ do all optional quests/ go to every room and collect gold bars and coins from trash cans..you get to a poit where 3k is like the average ammount of cash you'd get..i'd pretty much splurge on primary weapons(machine gun and carbine) and my most important vigors (crow, the fire one and possession are priorities imo..)..planning to play it on 1999 mode sometime after i finish tomb raider ..people saying that mode will give you the work and get you shooked :ooh::ooh:

i'm playing on hard and i'm searching everywhere for shyt.

3k? :HAAAAAAA: i've only been above 1k twice.

this is some bullshyt. i wanna upgrade my Crow and Fire but i can't.

Marci-Senpai

Prosperity, longevity and a sound mind.
Daps
Reppin
More Life, Truth & Accountability
i'm playing on hard and i'm searching everywhere for shyt.

3k? :HAAAAAAA: i've only been above 1k twice.

this is some bullshyt. i wanna upgrade my Crow and Fire but i can't.

yea when i was playing on hard money was scarce as well...i never got above 1500 at most because of how much i died and had to buy health packs and shyt

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
yea when i was playing on hard money was scarce as well...i never got above 1500 at most because of how much i died and had to buy health packs and shyt

fukking sucks, but i want to beat the game on hard...

just wish i didn't have to sacrifice upgrades in order to do so.

Daps
Reppin
Dreadfort
fukking sucks, but i want to beat the game on hard...

just wish i didn't have to sacrifice upgrades in order to do so.

i played the game on normal first so i think hard was easier for me since i knew strategies for specific mobs but i got 3k like alot later then the factory..factory is like near the end ofr the first half i think

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
i played the game on normal first so i think hard was easier for me since i knew strategies for specific mobs but i got 3k like alot later then the factory..factory is like near the end ofr the first half i think

hold up...

factory is only half way through the game?

:krss:

:datazz:

:whoo:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
kk lets say there's 3 bookers: booker A -> becomes comstock after baptism, booker B -> dead beat father who sells anna to settle debts and booker C -> the booker that we play in bioshock..the one where the luteces forcefully pass him through the tear right before the beginning of hte game..he becomes a different booker because he becomes an amnesiac/loses his memory.. imo i think the drowing scene is the death of both booker A and B..elizabeth kills both of them while rebaptizing/rebirthing booker c into the booker who has the second chance in the post credit scene..someone posted a more indepth analysis on reddit ..kind of made sense at that tim
problem is there's two version of Bookers ones that become Comstock and ones that don't. for the purpose of the game all Bookers that accept the baptism become Comstock and all Bookers that reject it go on to have Anna and sell her to get rid of their debt.

Elizabeth says we have to get rid of Comstock before the choice is made so in order for the choice to not be made all Bookers are drowned that way he can't accept or reject the baptism and Comstock never happens.

we don't see our Elizabeth disappear which creates a paradox as if all Bookers are drowned she'll never be born and then we get that post credit scene and while its not explicitly stated its seemingly our Booker or one that rejected the baptism and sold Anna coming conscious and feverishly looking for Anna. In fact it has to be a Booker that rejects the Baptism because all Bookers that reject it go on to have Anna and sell her. That's impossible because all Bookers are drowned and Comstock doesn't exist so Anna could never be sold and Booker is dead so he can't even have Anna.

the question is does that post credits scene really happen? is it a dream of a dying Booker in his final moments where he drowns before he looks in the crib? nothing is said of it. its literally a scene floating after the credits with no context that if taken at face value invalidates the ending before it. in all reality heads or tails can't be made of it. its intentionally vague.

non spoiler summary there's no way to explain the ending of this game without treading into the realm of fan fiction. people have to invent their own logic and reasoning to explain something someone else wrote because the writer didn't explain it. that's the very definition of a bad ending. great game but the post credits scene makes it a shytty ending.