First Amazing Spider-Man 2 Reviews In :lupe:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I fully expected this movie to be a gigantic piece of shyt but I planned on seeing it anyway because the visuals and the action just looked too good to pass up.

Would you say the film delivered in that aspect at least?

The 3D is good, or at least it's better than in most post-converted flicks. CGI is still a bit dodgy at times, basically on par with the last film. I wasn't too impressed with the action. The opening set piece is great but Elektro felt a bit underused, especially since he's pretty much the most powerful villain in all the Spidey movies. But honestly, Spidey is one of the most cinematic heroes and that goes a long way of making the action entertaining. Just don't hold any high expectations for the Goblin and Rhino.

ChrisDorner

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Hell
The 3D is good, or at least it's better than in most post-converted flicks. CGI is still a bit dodgy at times, basically on par with the last film. I wasn't too impressed with the action. The opening set piece is great but Elektro felt a bit underused, especially since he's pretty much the most powerful villain in all the Spidey movies. But honestly, Spidey is one of the most cinematic heroes and that goes a long way of making the action entertaining. Just don't hold any high expectations for the Goblin and Rhino.
Does
gwen Stacy die cause Spider-Man caught her too late?

Daps
Just got back from it and holy crap, this was bad. For starters, the biggest issue here is the awful dialogue. It's so heavy handed and expository it made me want to start a Kickstarter to pay for these guys' writing classes. At any given time a character will drop completely arbitrary information that doesn't make any sense in that situation, but they couldn't find a clever or even subtle way to deliver this information to you. It's absolutely painful to sit through any moment where characters talk for more than ten seconds. Think about that for a second.

Also, this has to be the worst movie soundtrack I heard in years. It's a clusterfukk of all kinds of different shyt just thrown together, you got Hans Zimmer doing typical superhero blockbuster compositions, then suddenly it's some weird electronic dubstep bullshyt courtesy of guys like Junkie XL and Pharrell (those were the names I recognized from the credits where they're listed The Magnificent Six, presumably because Sony wouldn't actually let them use Sinister Six), and somewhere in between Marc Webb's influences seep through with corny hipster indie songs.

The only thing I liked about the movie was Dane DeHaan's performance as Harry Osborn. Dude was killing his part, right up until the point they just had to go and force him into the Goblin role again like they did in SM3, for no other reason to rush their Sinister Six set-up. They completely shattered his performance with that shyt, just like they completely shattered the emotional impact of the movie's only successful dramatic moment because they thought it was more important to set up their cinematic universe than have a character deal with his personal issues for more than three minutes.

I didn't have high hopes for this movie to begin with but when you've got only one memorable scene in a two and a half hour movie, and you can't even follow up on it properly, you done fukked up.

P.S. The trailer literally had the last shot of the movie in it, and if you start to add things up you will realize this nearly halfway through the movie. Bonus points if you can guess it before you see the movie!
pretty much. :snoop:

i mostly felt uncomfortable throughout the whole flick.

I liked Electro tho :whoo:

TheGodling

Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
pretty much. :snoop:

i mostly felt uncomfortable throughout the whole flick.

I liked Electro tho :whoo:

I thought Electro didn't really become an interesting villain until his encounter with Harry. That scene where they confront the Oscorp executive guy is gold!

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just got back from it and holy crap, this was bad. For starters, the biggest issue here is the awful dialogue. It's so heavy handed and expository it made me want to start a Kickstarter to pay for these guys' writing classes. At any given time a character will drop completely arbitrary information that doesn't make any sense in that situation, but they couldn't find a clever or even subtle way to deliver this information to you. It's absolutely painful to sit through any moment where characters talk for more than ten seconds. Think about that for a second.

Also, this has to be the worst movie soundtrack I heard in years. It's a clusterfukk of all kinds of different shyt just thrown together, you got Hans Zimmer doing typical superhero blockbuster compositions, then suddenly it's some weird electronic dubstep bullshyt courtesy of guys like Junkie XL and Pharrell (those were the names I recognized from the credits where they're listed The Magnificent Six, presumably because Sony wouldn't actually let them use Sinister Six), and somewhere in between Marc Webb's influences seep through with corny hipster indie songs.

The only thing I liked about the movie was Dane DeHaan's performance as Harry Osborn. Dude was killing his part, right up until the point they just had to go and force him into the Goblin role again like they did in SM3, for no other reason to rush their Sinister Six set-up. They completely shattered his performance with that shyt, just like they completely shattered the emotional impact of the movie's only successful dramatic moment because they thought it was more important to set up their cinematic universe than have a character deal with his personal issues for more than three minutes.

I didn't have high hopes for this movie to begin with but when you've got only one memorable scene in a two and a half hour movie, and you can't even follow up on it properly, you done fukked up.

P.S. The trailer literally had the last shot of the movie in it, and if you start to add things up you will realize this nearly halfway through the movie. Bonus points if you can guess it before you see the movie!

This is exactly how I felt about it.

Harry almost stole the movie.I can't get into Andrew Garfield as Spider-Man.He just looks like an a$$hole...simple as that:yeshrug:

I gave Captain America 2 a 8.5

I'm giving this shyt a 6

TheGodling

Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
This is exactly how I felt about it.

Harry almost stole the movie.I can't get into Andrew Garfield as Spider-Man.He just looks like an @sshole...simple as that:yeshrug:

I gave Captain America 2 a 8.5

I'm giving this shyt a 6

I don't know what it is about Garfield because I like the idea of him in the part, but I really can't get into how he plays the part. It's too hit and miss, although that might also be because of the horrible tone shifting of the movie.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
man i cant believe im actually bout to take another L with this marc webb spidey shyt :beli:....but i have to see it for myself, even tho i've yet to hear anyone say it was better than ok :snoop:

It's some good reviews out there breh. Just like the last one it's people who like and people who don't. I've read some reviews that trash it and some that are glowing. See for yourself that's all we can ever do

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Daps
Ill just watch the bootleg like i did the last trash mark web spiderman movie
that's what I did, smh @ green goblin being nothing more than evil ed from fright night

Evil_Ed.jpg

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
Reading some of these reviews (here and elsewhere) makes me just want to skip this and go see Captain America 2 again. I thought it would be hard to fukk up Spiderman, but I've seen it happen three times now.

Four times if you count that shyt Ultimate Spiderman cartoon.