First Amazing Spider-Man 2 Reviews In :lupe:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Just got back from it and holy crap, this was bad. For starters, the biggest issue here is the awful dialogue. It's so heavy handed and expository it made me want to start a Kickstarter to pay for these guys' writing classes. At any given time a character will drop completely arbitrary information that doesn't make any sense in that situation, but they couldn't find a clever or even subtle way to deliver this information to you. It's absolutely painful to sit through any moment where characters talk for more than ten seconds. Think about that for a second.

Also, this has to be the worst movie soundtrack I heard in years. It's a clusterfukk of all kinds of different shyt just thrown together, you got Hans Zimmer doing typical superhero blockbuster compositions, then suddenly it's some weird electronic dubstep bullshyt courtesy of guys like Junkie XL and Pharrell (those were the names I recognized from the credits where they're listed The Magnificent Six, presumably because Sony wouldn't actually let them use Sinister Six), and somewhere in between Marc Webb's influences seep through with corny hipster indie songs.

The only thing I liked about the movie was Dane DeHaan's performance as Harry Osborn. Dude was killing his part, right up until the point they just had to go and force him into the Goblin role again like they did in SM3, for no other reason to rush their Sinister Six set-up. They completely shattered his performance with that shyt, just like they completely shattered the emotional impact of the movie's only successful dramatic moment because they thought it was more important to set up their cinematic universe than have a character deal with his personal issues for more than three minutes.

I didn't have high hopes for this movie to begin with but when you've got only one memorable scene in a two and a half hour movie, and you can't even follow up on it properly, you done fukked up.

P.S. The trailer literally had the last shot of the movie in it, and if you start to add things up you will realize this nearly halfway through the movie. Bonus points if you can guess it before you see the movie!

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
Its not as bad as ASM because it doesnt take itself so seriously. Yea sountrack is utter trash but i liked Electro's mumbling/aggro dubstep theme. Its like trans siberian orchestra but with a power grid. The best I can say about this movie is that its the most comicbooky comic to come out, for good or bad. Plenty of :wtf: dialogue, contrived plot points, :dahell: character decisions/motivations, and its pretty to look at. Jaime Foxx is embarrassing.

Aunt May told that Peter to throw Gwen in the bushes. :dead: Theres a lot of #hardonhoes potential in em:smugfavre:

Mr Rager

Leader of the Delinquents
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Mars
it looks like a fun ass movie :manny: how do yall feel about Garfield as Spidy tho, still not sure about him, think I gotta rewatch the first one again.

From what I hear, most people like him more than Tobey but I disagree. Garfield is too cocky, not in the fun Spiderman way but in an arrogant d-bag kind of way in my opinion. I'm ready to see how Jamie Foxx does as the villain though

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
How many times did he take off his mask in this one? :shaq2:

Only after the big fight actually. But then again, it's a two and a half hour movie and there's like four fights, two of which can barely even be considered fights.

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
From what I hear, most people like him more than Tobey but I disagree. Garfield is too cocky, not in the fun Spiderman way but in an arrogant d-bag kind of way in my opinion. I'm ready to see how Jamie Foxx does as the villain though
Ah. You like your Spidey to be a homosexual. I understand, friend

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Just got back from it and holy crap, this was bad. For starters, the biggest issue here is the awful dialogue. It's so heavy handed and expository it made me want to start a Kickstarter to pay for these guys' writing classes. At any given time a character will drop completely arbitrary information that doesn't make any sense in that situation, but they couldn't find a clever or even subtle way to deliver this information to you. It's absolutely painful to sit through any moment where characters talk for more than ten seconds. Think about that for a second.

Also, this has to be the worst movie soundtrack I heard in years. It's a clusterfukk of all kinds of different shyt just thrown together, you got Hans Zimmer doing typical superhero blockbuster compositions, then suddenly it's some weird electronic dubstep bullshyt courtesy of guys like Junkie XL and Pharrell (those were the names I recognized from the credits where they're listed The Magnificent Six, presumably because Sony wouldn't actually let them use Sinister Six), and somewhere in between Marc Webb's influences seep through with corny hipster indie songs.

The only thing I liked about the movie was Dane DeHaan's performance as Harry Osborn. Dude was killing his part, right up until the point they just had to go and force him into the Goblin role again like they did in SM3, for no other reason to rush their Sinister Six set-up. They completely shattered his performance with that shyt, just like they completely shattered the emotional impact of the movie's only successful dramatic moment because they thought it was more important to set up their cinematic universe than have a character deal with his personal issues for more than three minutes.

I didn't have high hopes for this movie to begin with but when you've got only one memorable scene in a two and a half hour movie, and you can't even follow up on it properly, you done fukked up.

P.S. The trailer literally had the last shot of the movie in it, and if you start to add things up you will realize this nearly halfway through the movie. Bonus points if you can guess it before you see the movie!

I fully expected this movie to be a gigantic piece of shyt but I planned on seeing it anyway because the visuals and the action just looked too good to pass up.

Would you say the film delivered in that aspect at least?