First Amazing Spider-Man 2 Reviews In :lupe:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
:snoop: come on now breh you smarter than that. I know you are and you know you are so you're just fukkin with me at this point :bryan:
Are you trolling?
Did you really think that I thought he walked directly from the funeral to rhino?
:dahell:

Lakers Offseason

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Superman Returns and MOS were both colossal failures respectively and for their own unique reasons.

Let's just leave it that.

This is like saying the Cleveland Browns and Cincinnati Bengals are both failures because they didn't win the SB last year. Yeah they both didn't win, but the level of suck is different.

Same with both movies.

There is no way I will ever watch a second of Returns if it was on TV. But if MOS was on, I'd watch some scenes because they were enjoyable.

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
Same people trashing this for weak villains praise marvels :heh: even though the marvel univetse is like ten flicks deep and havent had a single memorable villain.

It's a fair criticism of the MCU that the majority of the films lack a memorable villain, but at the same time, I think they've made a conscious decision to focus on a real plot and more so on developing the heroes. They don't waste time trying to make us care about them, so the fact that they're forgettable doesn't really impact the rest of the film, imo. I'm all for a good villain origin story, which is one of the reasons I'm such a fan of Raimi's first sequel, but when it's handled as poorly as it was for both Electro AND Goblin, it brings the entire film down.

I think Electro was completely mishandled....from pre-accident Max, to the accident itself and even his motivation for hating Spider-Man....but there was something there with Harry/Peter and Goblin's origin. Unfortunately, the script was doing too much else and basically dropped the ball there too. The villain's motivations are ridiculous and their actions only happen because they need to for the plot's sake.

Orci and Kurtzman seem to work off outlines. They plot out the major points/scenes they want to or need to hit...but then fill in the holes with nonsense. They decide that Harry needs to free Electro and use him to get to Spider-Man. That's fine...but their way to make that happen is to have a DYING Harry take-out 2 armed guards in a matter of seconds. There's shyt like that ALL OVER THE MOVIE.

I'd rather a forgettable villain in an otherwise good movie than the cluttered mess of ASM2.

Jefe Blanco

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I'm surprised they forgot about Uncle Ben''s killer in the movie. I would like to have seen Peter do a search for the killer, that would have been better than the whole parent angle. I just hope they don't make one of the Sinister Six members the killer. :snoop:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
No I figured you were trolling saying "I wasn't sitting in the theater for 5 months"

To be fair, I thought that's what ruined a bit of the impact. Yes, the movie shows five months pass, but it's so poorly done that I doubt anyone else felt Peter's sorrow. So when in the next scene he suits up as wise-cracking Spidey again, it's like "We saw this dude mourning for five minutes and now it's all good again?". Dude mourned longer over Captain Stacy than he did over his daughter, lol.

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
To be fair, I thought that's what ruined a bit of the impact. Yes, the movie shows five months pass, but it's so poorly done that I doubt anyone else felt Peter's sorrow. So when in the next scene he suits up as wise-cracking Spidey again, it's like "We saw this dude mourning for five minutes and now it's all good again?". Dude mourned longer over Captain Stacy than he did over his daughter, lol.
Aunt May is got him back to his self and did you miss the season changes?
He wasn't mourning her father's death but his promise to him that he broke.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Saw the movie in dbox with the vibrating moving seats. Really added a lot to the action scenes.

And I have to disagree abput electro snd goblin being mishandled.

Electro was a pawn. A throwaway villain, just a very powerful one. Yes, they could have toned down maxs nerdy appearance but i thought they did a fine job establishing him.

The harry arc was fantastic to me. You can nitpick about the guards sure but its not like he fought them. He surprised them and stun gunned them. Its not like theyd be on high alert against the ceo of the company(as far as they knew).

It seems like people are nitpicking the movie to death when they give passes to mcu movies. The mcu movies dont exactly have a great plot either. Their just a bunch of stand alones with filler stories thinly connected by after credit scenes.

If this same movie was released by mcu people wouldnt be as harsh as they are on it.

The smazing spider man films>>>>>>>>>> raimis.

Raimis films failed to nail any of the characters. People love to pretend spider man 3 doesnt exist when they praise tje raimi films. But that movie just enhances the problems with all of them. That raimi failed to be faithful to thecharacters.

Anyway, dane dehaan stole the movie. Electro was a pawn, nothing more. The film wrapped peters parents arc, gwen stacys arc AND set the stage for the sinister six.

Id also like to add the scene of gwens death was more powerful then any scene from the raimi films or any of the mcu films.

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
people are complaining about Harry not fighting the gaurds? That was because he hadn't taken the serum yet geniuses

bubba scotch

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
WOW people are actually defending this movie :mindblown:.

Electro was fukking corny
Electro just a side villian:troll:

Damn there was only like 10 minutes of action
You should have known this was a romance film:troll:

How in the flying fukk did Harry get past those guards?
C'mon, you didn't see that taser he had?:troll:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

Agree to disagree breh. My homies wife cried and still felt the impact. Everyone is different. You thought the montage was poorly done I didn't. :yeshrug: Different strokes

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Saw the movie in dbox with the vibrating moving seats. Really added a lot to the action scenes.

And I have to disagree abput electro snd goblin being mishandled.

Electro was a pawn. A throwaway villain, just a very powerful one. Yes, they could have toned down maxs nerdy appearance but i thought they did a fine job establishing him.

The harry arc was fantastic to me. You can nitpick about the guards sure but its not like he fought them. He surprised them and stun gunned them. Its not like theyd be on high alert against the ceo of the company(as far as they knew).

It seems like people are nitpicking the movie to death when they give passes to mcu movies. The mcu movies dont exactly have a great plot either. Their just a bunch of stand alones with filler stories thinly connected by after credit scenes.

If this same movie was released by mcu people wouldnt be as harsh as they are on it.

The smazing spider man films>>>>>>>>>> raimis.

Raimis films failed to nail any of the characters. People love to pretend spider man 3 doesnt exist when they praise tje raimi films. But that movie just enhances the problems with all of them. That raimi failed to be faithful to thecharacters.

Anyway, dane dehaan stole the movie. Electro was a pawn, nothing more. The film wrapped peters parents arc, gwen stacys arc AND set the stage for the sinister six.

Id also like to add the scene of gwens death was more powerful then any scene from the raimi films or any of the mcu films.
QFT

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey

Couldn't disagree more. Probably the most well handled part of the entire film. Did a great job of making it feel llke months had passed.