First Amazing Spider-Man 2 Reviews In :lupe:

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's a comic movie breh. It's not like these writers have to be creative. The material has already been written in the books
:yeshrug:
So you don't have the answers :yeshrug:

You got to have some reasoning in a movie for the general audience. You can get away with far more things in a comic book and cartoon.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
I was legit like :to: that whole scene because I knew what was coming. I was actually thinking they were gonna send her off to Oxford till the Goblin showed up.

I don't watch previews or look at behind the scenes stuff before watching a movie I really want to see so I didn't know Harry/Goblin was gonna show up.
The fact that the THUD wasnt even in slowmo made it more :huhldup: status

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
:myman: L. Thompson Lincoln himself breh. They could combine him into Tombstone sure but Lincoln by himself would be dope.

And yeah sucks about kingpin but I'm just saying in general, those are the spidey villains I believe can hold down a film by themselves. I'll add hobgoblin to the list because Kingsley is a b*stard

the problem with Hobgoblin is he'll be seen as a green goblin ripoff .. especially since he stole most of his gear/weapons from oscorp ...

you might be able to through in smythe as a stand alone villian when he creates the spider slayers ... and maybe morbius and then kraven somehow shows up to capture him

Lakers Offseason

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Because rhino doesnt fukking matter man. He is a jobber in comics, he's a jobber in cartoons, and in this movie he's a jobber too. A big dude in a spandex suit is very...VERY 1960s and its time to update him which they already did in ultimate spiderman.

We're talking about a movie which the protagonist slings around in spandex that resembles a spider:yeshrug:

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
And they give reasoning behind how he got that way. Why would Oscorp create a Rhino suit just like the one you posted if it could only be worn by someone of a certain height and build? What would be the purpose?

it happens today though.. certain military gear is made for a specific build.. reason behind that is if you're too tall or already stocky the gear will make you heavier and slower and you arent then seen as optimized ...

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
the problem with Hobgoblin is he'll be seen as a green goblin ripoff .. especially since he stole most of his gear/weapons from oscorp ...

you might be able to through in smythe as a stand alone villian when he creates the spider slayers ... and maybe morbius and then kraven somehow shows up to capture him

Word you're right about hobgoblin. Morbius would be dope but I can hear the fanboys now..."It's going to be like Twilight:damn:" but I'd love to see that. In truth though, I want to see him deal with the mob and the underworld. If I had my way, I'd write a full on treatment for three movies based around it...the big man, hammerhead, Silver Sable, even Doc Ock or Goblin, all vying for the crown of mob boss with the whole point to show Peter that sometimes it's not as easy as webbing up the bad guy and waiting for the cops to come, especially when said cops are on the payroll. Fighting crime is about patience

Lakers Offseason

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This thread has jump the shark.:mjlol:

Now I'm reading that people thought Return of Superman was "better" than MOS. MOS was average as fukk. But Return is/was fukking awful.

This is turning into Bizzaro world thread:mjlol:

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Word you're right about hobgoblin. Morbius would be dope but I can hear the fanboys now..."It's going to be like Twilight:damn:" but I'd love to see that. In truth though, I want to see him deal with the mob and the underworld. If I had my way, I'd write a full on treatment for three movies based around it...the big man, hammerhead, Silver Sable, even Doc Ock or Goblin, all vying for the crown of mob boss with the whole point to show Peter that sometimes it's not as easy as webbing up the bad guy and waiting for the cops to come, especially when said cops are on the payroll. Fighting crime is about patience

That treament calls for the Kingpin and possibly a Daredevil crossover ...

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Now goblin is a little psycho .... and Norman is unstable ... I would add cameleon...

fukk it ... i want that video game character that elektro made come to life from spider man and his amazing friends ... shyt had me freaked to play game with that kind of looking charater back in the days

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734
thank you

I remember this from reading the comics back in the late 70 early 80s, and then in the mid 90s... even the 90s cartoon was about his relationships ..fukk.. even spider man and his amazing friends was about relationships..
Look peter was an awkward high school kid who got bit by a spider. he had high school cruches ... he has an old aunt he lives with, a uncle who did so she needs him but he's spider man and cant always help her.
And to top it all off .... he doesnt want the powers but deals with them.
they even have an ENTIRE SEPERATE COMIC for years "Mary Jane LOVES PETER PARKER Spiderman LOVES MARY JANE" that is just above their relationships :heh:

Last edited:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
they even have an ENTIRE SEPERATE COMIC for years "Mary Jane LOVES PETER PARKER" that is just above their relationships :heh:

Not to mention Spider-Man Blue which is all about he and Gwen's relationship. And a very dope book btw

Watch a spider man movie and be mad it's a love story brehs

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I will say that
Gwen's death was one of, if not the most dramatic and emotionally felt deaths in any of these comic book cinema. I genuinely felt melancholy from seeing it and was literally like sliver away from shedding a tear from it:to: and I don't feel much emotion from movies, most especially not sympathetic and tearing up n shyt. It surprises me that some folks didn't get the lovey dovey shyt from earlier in the film added to that scene like it did, (as did the gravesite scenes afterwards and Garfield's acting during it) Did anyone feel an ounce of sorrow at all when Rachel died in Dark Knight? Or Agendt Coulson in the Avengers :heh:. I doubt it.

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
the rhino SHOULD NOT be a walking army on wheels. The rhino is a man in a rhino costume than enhances his strength speed stamina and endurance

Mutagenic chemical and radiation treatments, including gamma ray bombardment, provides the character with superhuman strength, heightened levels of speed and stamina, and a high degree of durability. He possesses a thick polymer mat suit similar to a rhinoceros hide, covering his entire body except for his face. The suit is highly impervious to damage and temperature extremes, and is also equipped with two horns, designed to mimic the general shape & appearance of real rhino horns, capable of penetrating 2-inch plate steel. His first suit, more crude in overall design, was originally bonded to his skin and he was unable to remove it. It was eventually destroyed and replaced with a removable, more form fitting suit by Justin Hammer after Rhino underwent further gamma ray treatments that further heightened his powers. This suit is also specifically designed, via the gamma ray treatments, to somewhat enhance some of his powers.[citation

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I will say that
Gwen's death was one of, if not the most dramatic and emotionally felt deaths in any of these comic book cinema. I genuinely felt melancholy from seeing it and was literally like sliver away from shedding a tear from it:to: and I don't feel much emotion from movies, most especially not sympathetic and tearing up n shyt. It surprises me that some folks didn't get the lovey dovey shyt from earlier in the film added to that scene like it did, (as did the gravesite scenes afterwards and Garfield's acting during it) Did anyone feel an ounce of sorrow at all when Rachel died in Dark Knight? Or Agendt Coulson in the Avengers :heh:. I doubt it.

No ... I didnt give 2 shyts about Rachel but I did shed some tears when order 66 was executed !!! it still gets me choked up