First Amazing Spider-Man 2 Reviews In :lupe:

Daps
Reppin
NYC
I was just glad that when he went full on Goblin they didn't hold back. Like if they wanted to they could have went for a much more streamlined, much more "grounded" look.

But nope. There he was in his full glory, all green and shyt. Lookin silly as fukk.

Loved it. :salute:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I was just glad that when he went full on Goblin they didn't hold back. Like if they wanted to they could have went for a much more streamlined, much more "grounded" look.

But nope. There he was in his full glory, all green and shyt. Lookin silly as fukk.

Loved it. :salute:

No mask. no "down came the goblin and flushed the spider out" No hostile takeovers. Just a psychotic dude who wanted nothing more than to make spider-man hurt

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I swear they packed so much in these two movies that they can make at least two more movies without it feeling long in the tooth.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
BTW, how fukkin better was this harry osborn than the last :mindblown:

Dane Dehaan just obliterated James Franco's "you killed my dad :dwillhuh:" acting...

near the end

when he and electro went back to oscorp with the heater, and straight wrecked shyt :wow: that was awesome

Curious to know if alistair smythe will make another appearance too

True dat and I actually like Franco's Harry. Be DeHaan crushed it. Most of the cast did tbh.

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@MartyMcFly

I tagged you cause I know we had this discussion before. As much as I loved ASM2, wouldn't you agree that perhaps not enough emphasis is being put on Peter's social ineptness in these movies? Is that not a defining aspect of the character that they seem to have glossed over in a major way?

The way I always understood it was that Peter used Spiderman as a way for him to escape his own mundane reality. Peter Parker might be shy and timid but as Spiderman he's fearless and heroic. Peter Parker might be awkward and nerdy but Spiderman is cool, funny and he gets the girl. Pretty much Spiderman is all the things that Peter Parker isn't. Once he puts on that mask he's allowed to live out all the power fantasies he never could as plain old Peter Parker.

But the thing is Garfield - as much as I enjoyed his performance - is pretty much the same in an out of the suit. There is literally no distinction between Peter Parker and Spiderman in this movie outside of the costume. And to me that's a problem.
Peter was that way till he gain confidence in himself when he gained and understood his powers. The first movie shows how he was uncomfortable in his skin (head down, always fidgeting) in the beginning, to being more sure of himself by the end. Even in the comics Peter was getting the hot girl. Even in the cartoons Peter isn't portrayed as a complete socially inept wimp like he is in Raimi's Spider-Man trilogy.

When he puts on the suit you see that he is a little more carefree and uses it as an escape from all the bad news that constantly comes his way.

Lakers Offseason

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This series borrows a lot from Ultimate Spider-Man
2dt7iae.jpg

How are some people comparing Amazing Spider-Man to Joel Schumacher's Batman films? If anything Sam Raimi's trilogy is closer to them.

Adding missiles and large guns is retarded. Did the Ultimate Rhino have those? I don't mind the armor being different than the original Rhino, but they changed the entire concept of what the character does. He didn't shoot guns and missiles. He destroyed shyt because he was in a rhino suit that made him almost indestructible and super strong.

Would have been better if it was closer to this than whatever they thought that was in the movie.

Rhino.jpg

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Adding missiles and large guns is retarded. Did the Ultimate Rhino have those? I don't mind the armor being different than the original Rhino, but they changed the entire concept of what the character does. He didn't shoot guns and missiles. He destroyed shyt because he was in a rhino suit that made him almost indestructible and super strong.

Would have been better if it was closer to this than whatever they thought that was in the movie.

usm28_p02-03.jpg
Rhino sucks anyway and we've probably seen he last of him

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

usm28_p02-03.jpg
The films tries to have some base of realism in it so the suit was made for military purposes which is why is had guns. What would be the reason for the suit you posted to have been made if you had say in the movie?

Also he did destroy shyt and the suit made he strong and almost indestructible

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Rhino sucks anyway and we've probably seen he last of him

My homie didn't know he was in the flick so as soon as he heard the guy with the Russian accent he hit the :snoop: because he really thought we were in for 2 hours worth of that. When he realized it was just a cameo though?:bryan: Rhino is B team status and that may be generous

Lakers Offseason

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The films tries to have some base of realism in it so the suit was made for military purposes which is why is had guns. What would be the reason for the suit you posted to have been made if you had say in the movie?

We're talking about a movie which has a dude called Electro and has electric powers -- which they did a great job interpreting straight from the comics into live action. Why they couldn't treat Rhino the same way is stupid.

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
maybe because this movie came after captain... but I didnt really like it.. too much of a love movie.

Spider-Man is more love story than action ... always was is my opinion.

The part that really pissed me off the most was Harry telling Peter "so when you said that spider man said no, you really meant you said no" :beli:

Peter never told Harry that Spider Man said no.....Spider Man showed up and told him personally.

Yeah that was sloppy. I'm sure they didn't miss it. Probably just would've been too expensive to re-film.

I dont see that as sloppy. I see it as Harry addressing Spider Man as Peter and not acknowledging the Spider Man alter ego. BAsically he's just saying when you (peter) said no to me as spider man it wasnt spider man saying no to me it was you (peter)..

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Spider-Man is more love story than action ... always was is my opinion.

I dont see that as sloppy. I see it as Harry addressing Spider Man as Peter and not acknowledging the Spider Man alter ego. BAsically he's just saying when you (peter) said no to me as spider man it wasnt spider man saying no to me it was you (peter)..

:ohhh:

also I'm reppin' you for being one of the few people to get that spider-man is about the relationships in his life first and foremost.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
We're talking about a movie which has a dude called Electro and has electric powers -- which they did a great job interpreting straight from the comics into live action. Why they couldn't treat Rhino the same way is stupid.
Because rhino doesnt fukking matter man. He is a jobber in comics, he's a jobber in cartoons, and in this movie he's a jobber too. A big dude in a spandex suit is very...VERY 1960s and its time to update him which they already did in ultimate spiderman.