First Amazing Spider-Man 2 Reviews In :lupe:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Because rhino doesnt fukking matter man. He is a jobber in comics, he's a jobber in cartoons, and in this movie he's a jobber too. A big dude in a spandex suit is very...VERY 1960s and its time to update him which they already did in ultimate spiderman.

How do people not get this? Even Electro to a degree, is goon status. That's it. Ock, Goblin, Venom, the Big Man, Kingpin and (hopefully) Kraven are the few villains he has that can hold up a film being the sole antagonist because there is a lot to them that you don't have to create or extrapolate. Electro, Rhino, Mysterio, Shocker, even Vulture WORK for those cats, they aren't bosses.

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We're talking about a movie which has a dude called Electro and has electric powers -- which they did a great job interpreting straight from the comics into live action. Why they couldn't treat Rhino the same way is stupid.
And they give reasoning behind how he got that way. Why would Oscorp create a Rhino suit just like the one you posted if it could only be worn by someone of a certain height and build? What would be the purpose?

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
:ohhh:

also I'm reppin' you for being one of the few people to get that spider-man is about the relationships in his life first and foremost.

thank you

I remember this from reading the comics back in the late 70 early 80s, and then in the mid 90s... even the 90s cartoon was about his relationships ..fukk.. even spider man and his amazing friends was about relationships..
Look peter was an awkward high school kid who got bit by a spider. he had high school cruches ... he has an old aunt he lives with, a uncle who did so she needs him but he's spider man and cant always help her.
And to top it all off .... he doesnt want the powers but deals with them.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
low key, and i'm sure this will get roasted..THE RETURN OF SUPERMAN did the best job at that ever...him getting shot in the eye and the bullet shattering...his flight scenes...going to the sun to rest/replenish...and the scene where he saved lois lane from the airplane crashing in the stadium was straight out of a comic book...it captured the scope and gravity of what superman does really well.

the story of the film wasn't good, but THAT, and the GOAT version of lex luthor ever made me actually enjoy the film a lot.

:salute:good to see its people who kinda liked Return of Superman,I cant say its worse than MOS now that time has passed,I know for sure I didn't walk away with the :rudy: like I did after seeing MOS nearly as much...and the reason for that is I think MOS tried to straddle the line between being dark/realistic and being cartoony...Just the fact he's superman makes it hard for it to not be cartoony...Superman really should be cartoonish and somewhat "cheesy" just like this Spiderman movie was imo:manny:...I think those Nolan Batman movies might have some people spoiled where that's all they wanna see is dark,realistic comic films:mjlol:....as long as you don't try to both I don't care what direction you go.

it took me no more than about 5 minutes to realize what kinda movie this was gon be:heh:...so the fact people are upset about a line like "time to light my candles" :what: is ridiculous to me...some of you ol "have you seen my childhooood" azz nikkas need to take ya mind back to how it was when u was a kid watchin the cartoon in ya underwear:wow:...and folks sleep on Electro too,thought he was great as a character and him and Goblin worked great off each other....Electro wasn't just a spiderman groupie but he made that birthday card for himself and told Gwen about his party with celebrities:laff:...he liked anybody who liked his azz,woulda stalked Gwen if she hadn't got out the elevator in time...dude had a serious need to feel needed and important it was pretty obvious why he wanted to kill everybody after Spiderman took his shine just when he he was thinkin "nikka we made it:krs:"....And Harry was a habitual user,didnt even have friends just people who he used because he knew they were using him.peter was the only one he didn't feel like wanted anything....he almost snapped on Peter when Peter told him he wouldn't help him get Spiderman,then he snapped when Spiderman told him no and he couldn't be bought....his character was the perfect spoiled brat who felt hopeless for the first time....He got the double wammy in being betrayed by the one person he thought was his true friend,and being told no by Spiderman after he's probably never heard no his whole life....that boy got humbled:umad:

He was about to try to manipulate Gwen in the elevator to convince Peter to help,and Electro was easy prey to sumbody whos been using people his whole life....Gwen was great,but they coulda cut at least one of the cheesy love scenes out but I know why they wanted you to feel the love:wow:...Yall made a big deal about that reset button too....it aint that she was the only one who knew how to do it,its that SPeter wouldn't have known its location...why assume the guys who were there would would be dead:manny:?maybe she just didn't want to assume anybody would be there on something so important,suspend your belief just a lil:pachaha:

What I will say I didn't like about the movie was really just the ending,they should've just ended it with what I think we all thought was the ending:mjpls:...I guess they couldn't end it like that for the kids,but it would've made for a better lead in to 3....I would've liked maybe seeing Spiderman struggle to come back in 3 and what could bring him to put the suit back on......or if not that maybe a Spiderman whos just going ham on villians and crooks outta anger:banderas:...but then again that might ruin what he's supposed to act like when he got the black suit on:patrice:.....but its painfully obvious Venom would be hard to pull off in movie Spiderman....youd have to change the entire direction to that dark/realistic shyt we talked about earlier,would be hard to do that at this point....a good venom would be hard to do I should say....as much shyt as I talk about Spiderman 3 looking back now it was obvious Venom had to suck:snoop:.

Last edited:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
thank you

I remember this from reading the comics back in the late 70 early 80s, and then in the mid 90s... even the 90s cartoon was about his relationships ..fukk.. even spider man and his amazing friends was about relationships..
Look peter was an awkward high school kid who got bit by a spider. he had high school cruches ... he has an old aunt he lives with, a uncle who did so she needs him but he's spider man and cant always help her.
And to top it all off .... he doesnt want the powers but deals with them.

Which is why I've always said that the action in spider man flicks has to be great but it shouldn't be nothing but action. A spider man flick built like The winter soldier wouldn't be good for spider-man because he needs the relationships. I've said it before on here but it's like no one listens: Stan Lee said that he created a soap opera and every once in a while, a fight would break out. That's how he looked at spider-man and any writer worth his ink will tell you that the best spider man stories are about Peter Parker first and spider-man 2nd. Which is why I loved this flick because the spider-man stories they are telling are so key to the character. Without the love story in this movie, the "thud" at the end holds no weight. That scene between he and Aunt May would hold no weight without the emotion and focus on character. Spectacular Spider-Man is on blu ray, anyone who wants to see how it's done should go ahead and cop it and get a full tutorial on what spider man is about

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Spider-Man is more love story than action ... always was is my opinion.

I dont see that as sloppy. I see it as Harry addressing Spider Man as Peter and not acknowledging the Spider Man alter ego. BAsically he's just saying when you (peter) said no to me as spider man it wasnt spider man saying no to me it was you (peter)..
It's amazing (:scheme:) how some people need so much explained to them after watching a movie. It's not like the movie was trying to be cryptic.

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
you know that "thud" and head bounce was added because Marc fealt people wouldnt believe she couldve died from whiplash ... Marc also said during that scene he wanted the web to look like a hand on purpose...

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
you know that "thud" and head bounce was added because Marc fealt people wouldnt believe she couldve died from whiplash ... Marc also said during that scene he wanted the web to look like a hand on purpose...

I read that. He said that when they tested it, the audience wasn't clear on what happened and how it happened. That shyt was brutal though. Props to him for putting it in

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
How do people not get this? Even Electro to a degree, is goon status. That's it. Ock, Goblin, Venom, the Big Man, Kingpin and (hopefully) Kraven are the few villains he has that can hold up a film being the sole antagonist because there is a lot to them that you don't have to create or extrapolate. Electro, Rhino, Mysterio, Shocker, even Vulture WORK for those cats, they aren't bosses.

Kingpin is over with Daredevil so he's out ...
When you say The Big Man are you referring to him as done in spectacular spider man as tombstone? ... If not not mistaken Greg Weismen said he made him tombstone after ther fact..

Lakers Offseason

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And they give reasoning behind how he got that way. Why would Oscorp create a Rhino suit just like the one you posted if it could only be worn by someone of a certain height and build? What would be the purpose?

It's a comic movie breh. It's not like these writers have to be creative. The material has already been written in the books
:yeshrug:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Kingpin is over with Daredevil so he's out ...
When you say The Big Man are you referring to him as done in spectacular spider man as tombstone? ...

:myman: L. Thompson Lincoln himself breh. They could combine him into Tombstone sure but Lincoln by himself would be dope.

And yeah sucks about kingpin but I'm just saying in general, those are the spidey villains I believe can hold down a film by themselves. I'll add hobgoblin to the list because Kingsley is a b*stard

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I read that. He said that when they tested it, the audience wasn't clear on what happened and how it happened. That shyt was brutal though. Props to him for putting it in
I was legit like :to: that whole scene because I knew what was coming. I was actually thinking they were gonna send her off to Oxford till the Goblin showed up.

I don't watch previews or look at behind the scenes stuff before watching a movie I really want to see so I didn't know Harry/Goblin was gonna show up.

Lakers Offseason

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This debate is why they didnt put a brock lesnar type dude in a gray spandex rhino costume in a movie in 2014. In a thread where some people are complaining but how silly goblin looked.

It doesnt NEED explaining.

But you're reasoning is basically "well because he sucks who cares". :mjlol:

It's like if they portrayed him as a gay Rhino in a tutu, you wouldn't care because you think the character sucks:russ: