First Amazing Spider-Man 2 Reviews In :lupe:

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
One last thing, why'd they have to make Rhino so goofy like that? Why couldn't they just make him like how he is in the comics? CGI him like they did with Hulk in the Avengers :yeshrug:
This series borrows a lot from Ultimate Spider-Man
2dt7iae.jpg

How are some people comparing Amazing Spider-Man to Joel Schumacher's Batman films? If anything Sam Raimi's trilogy is closer to them.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
A lot of the hate has to do with this not being a Marvel Studios property which is fukking weird because it's not like the MCU is putting out classic after classic..

I can understand wanting Marvel to have the rights back but what's the point if they are just going to continue to water down their own product :manny:

As great as it would be to have Spidey back in the hands of Marvel I gotta be honest I'm not sure if they could have done any better. Actually there were times where it FELT like a marvel movie.

I was calling for Sony's heads before but after seeing the movie I feel the Spidey franchise is in great hands now.

I could do without the whole "Peter's father is tied to EVERYTHING" subplot though. Don't see why it's necessary and it feels like dead weight.:manny:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
@MartyMcFly

I tagged you cause I know we had this discussion before. As much as I loved ASM2, wouldn't you agree that perhaps not enough emphasis is being put on Peter's social ineptness in these movies? Is that not a defining aspect of the character that they seem to have glossed over in a major way?

The way I always understood it was that Peter used Spiderman as a way for him to escape his own mundane reality. Peter Parker might be shy and timid but as Spiderman he's fearless and heroic. Peter Parker might be awkward and nerdy but Spiderman is cool, funny and he gets the girl. Pretty much Spiderman is all the things that Peter Parker isn't. Once he puts on that mask he's allowed to live out all the power fantasies he never could as plain old Peter Parker.

But the thing is Garfield - as much as I enjoyed his performance - is pretty much the same in an out of the suit. There is literally no distinction between Peter Parker and Spiderman in this movie outside of the costume. And to me that's a problem.

I know you like to go on about how Peter changes and evolves as a character but the fact is we never really saw that in the first movie either. This is the way we're introduced to Peter from the jump. In this continuity Peter is cool and hip before he ever gets bit by the spider. So there really is no "evolution" going on there.

And it's a shame because ASM2 is head and shoulders the best Spidey movie I've ever seen and I thought Garfield fukkin crushed it all around. But I think it would have been much better served had the first movie laid that groundwork. The first movie should have been primarily about Peter on a journey of self discovery and overcoming his inner demons so that by the time the movie is over he no longer needs the mask to be confident in himself. And THEN we would get to see the sly, witty and romantic Peter in ASM2.

That would have worked better for me.

I can agree with that to a degree. You raise fair points breh but I'd argue that the reason you don't see his social ineptness is because he really doesn't interact with anyone but Gwen and Aunt May. That's it. So he doesn't get the chance to be the shy awkward guy because he can be himself around both of them. And at this point, he's a college freshman, so the socially inept Peter probably won't come into play and it shouldn't because Pete's confidence really came from what he could do as spider man and that fine ass line of women that were coming his way. Would you lack confidence after dating Liz Allen, MJ then Gwen then MJ again?

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
NYC
low key, and i'm sure this will get roasted..THE RETURN OF SUPERMAN did the best job at that ever...him getting shot in the eye and the bullet shattering...his flight scenes...going to the sun to rest/replenish...and the scene where he saved lois lane from the airplane crashing in the stadium was straight out of a comic book...it captured the scope and gravity of what superman does really well.

the story of the film wasn't good, but THAT, and the GOAT version of lex luthor ever made me actually enjoy the film a lot.

Okay agree to disagree then. As a Superman lover I still feel like I haven't gotten that moment yet.

I hated the way they shot Superman Returns and MOS. Everything felt so stock and so "been there done that". I still haven't seen a Superman movie that made me feel the same way as I did watching ASM2. That feeling of "wow this a Superman cartoon I saw as a kid come to life".

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Okay agree to disagree then. As a Superman lover I still feel like I haven't gotten that moment yet.

I hated the way they shot Superman Returns and MOS. Everything felt so stock and so "been there done that". I still haven't seen a Superman movie that made me feel the same way as I did watching ASM2. That feeling of "wow this a Superman cartoon I saw as a kid come to life".

Word. ASM2 feels like a comic come to life complete with everything that is right about spider man. And they had the balls to truly tell a story that defined the character and I don't know if Marvel would've done that. I don't think Disney would've let them to be honest

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734

that I can agree with. even OG spiderman 1 was closer than any superman

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

The best superman moments IMO have been on Justice League. That show made me like the character after thinking he was meh at best for years

Daps
Reppin
NYC
If Richard Donner had access to the same special effects we have today I know he could have gotten it done because to me Superman 78 got it right. Even to this day I think those effects hold up really fukkin well. But still... they were mad limited.

• Dap
Reactions: flo

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
If Richard Donner had access to the same special effects we have today I know he could have gotten it done because to me Superman 78 got it right. Even to this day I think those effects hold up really fukkin well. But still... they were mad limited.

Completely off subject but I'm guessing you aren't a Man of Steel fan?

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734
BTW, how fukkin better was this harry osborn than the last :mindblown:

Dane Dehaan just obliterated James Franco's "you killed my dad :dwillhuh:" acting...

near the end

when he and electro went back to oscorp with the heater, and straight wrecked shyt :wow: that was awesome

Curious to know if alistair smythe will make another appearance too

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
BTW, how fukkin better was this harry osborn than the last :mindblown:

Dane Dehaan just obliterated James Franco's "you killed my dad :dwillhuh:" acting...

near the end

when he and electro went back to oscorp with the heater, and straight wrecked shyt :wow: that was awesome
Curious to know if alistair smythe will make another appearance too
[/QUOTE]

Breh that shyt had me dying. Dane killed the role. The way he bossed Menken twice?

"Harry"

"It's Mr. Osborn. We aren't friends":ufdup: