First Amazing Spider-Man 2 Reviews In :lupe:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
One last thing, why'd they have to make Rhino so goofy like that? Why couldn't they just make him like how he is in the comics? CGI him like they did with Hulk in the Avengers :yeshrug:

Breh he is goofy in the comics. Well he used to be but for the most part, he's a dunce. This is the same guy who said "the itsy bitsy spider all decked out in his new threads. They ain't gonna look so new after I dirty them up."

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
thread is reminding me once again how simple minded some of the posters are. You absolutely NEED to have the Garfield/Emma Stone scenes to show where they are in their relationship

So when the THUD happens there is emotional weight to it

The interactions between Peter and Gwen were very well done. Their on-screen chemistry is 100% better than Tobey Maguire/Dunst.

Re: Villains. I really like Loki and Winter Soldier was a boss but I'd rather watch Electro fukking up Times Square than whatever the hell those generic Iron Man villains were trying to do in all of those movies or the piece of shyt generic alien race in Avengers..

Marvel Studios RARELY treats their villains as threats... They are all fukking jobbers lets be serious.. :beli:

Yeah Obadiah Stane and Killian and the russian dude from IM2 were all serious threats:mjpls:

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
thread is reminding me once again how simple minded some of the posters are. You absolutely NEED to have the Garfield/Emma Stone scenes to show where they are in their relationship

So when the THUD happens there is emotional weight to it

The interactions between Peter and Gwen were very well done. Their on-screen chemistry is 100% better than Tobey Maguire/Dunst.

Re: Villains. I really like Loki and Winter Soldier was a boss but I'd rather watch Electro fukking up Times Square than whatever the hell those generic Iron Man villains were trying to do in all of those movies or the piece of shyt generic alien race in Avengers..

Marvel Studios RARELY treats their villains as threats... They are all fukking jobbers lets be serious.. :beli:
It makes spiderman look MORE heroic when he takes down real threats like electro than fukkin NOT SKRULL alien invaders.

I hope yall ready for Ultron to be less gully than data from Star trek: TNG

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
You know people don't have a good argument when they've got to keep bringing up Marvel Studios and how they do their villains
tvddXaB.png

The fact is the villains in the movie were straight out of Batman Forever and Batman and Robin :pachaha:, they even did my boy Lionel Luthor's character as well:pachaha:

The German scientist and Rhino

:pachaha:

Electro before he transformed

Electro once he became Electro

Harry randomly going after Spider-Man at the end was :mjlol: he had got what he needed, and why did his genetic illness suddenly start accelerating once his father told him about it?:mjlol:. Character was shoehorned into the film just to kill Gwen like they did in the comics.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
You know people don't have a good argument when they've got to keep bringing up Marvel Studios and how they do their villains
tvddXaB.png

The fact is the villains in the movie were straight out of Batman Forever and Batman and Robin :pachaha:, they even did my boy Lionel Luthor's character as well:pachaha:

The German scientist and Rhino

Electro before he transformed

Electro once he became Electro

Harry randomly going after Spider-Mane at the end was :mjlol: he had got what he needed, and why did his genetic illness suddenly start accelerating once his father told him about it?:mjlol:. Character was shoehorned into the film just to kill Gwen like they did in the comics.

Wasn't random breh. He said it "this is what you made me do" so he felt like because spider man told him "no" that he was forced to resort to the venom and maybe just maybe spider man's blood would've worked better than the venom. Of course didn't know what we all knew about Pete's DNA so it was a lost cause to begin with.

He told him the illness started at his age and he was already showing signs with the trembling hand. Now the benefit of creating a disease ( i assume they created it) is that you can also create the science behind it and since they didn't do any historical facts on it or show Norman's timeline with it, they can have it accelerate at that pace. Now had they had some science or charts to back it up I'd side with you but they don't give a lot of context.

And if Electro is straight out of Batman Forever then so is the villain from Iron Man 3 who started out geeky and nerdy and then turned to GQ man of the year

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
How big of a loser did he have to be though? He was like the one loser to rule them all.
Couldn't be a little more subtle with it?
They may as well have casted Jim carey to play electro and arnold to play rhino. Woulda had the same effect.

Most real life "losers" are far from subtle with theirs though.

This was the part that got me :mindblown: the most.

shyt is blowing up, a super villain is going nuts, machine guns are going off and these dudes are standing behind metal barriers watching like they're on a Hollywood premiere :mjlol:. Are New Yorkers this dumb:dwillhuh:?

That was among the most unbelievable/SMH parts of the movie to me. I enjoyed most of everything else and felt the acting was great and that the characters, within some of their awkwardness was moreso a respresentation of that character than outright cheesiness. Though that light my candles line was rather skustworthy.

GollyImGully

Too many wavy women, gotta log outta IG
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
This was the part that got me :mindblown: the most.

shyt is blowing up, a super villain is going nuts, machine guns are going off and these dudes are standing behind metal barriers watching like they're on a Hollywood premiere :mjlol:.

we are immune to fukkery
Are New Yorkers this dumb:dwillhuh:?

honestly we see so much fukked up weirdo shyt just being on the subway i wouldnt be surprised if that scene happened in real life like that :mjlol:

if they had a nikka yelling "worldstar! worldstar!" that scene woulda been perfect :dead:

Daps
Reppin
NYC
@MartyMcFly

I tagged you cause I know we had this discussion before. As much as I loved ASM2, wouldn't you agree that perhaps not enough emphasis is being put on Peter's social ineptness in these movies? Is that not a defining aspect of the character that they seem to have glossed over in a major way?

The way I always understood it was that Peter used Spiderman as a way for him to escape his own mundane reality. Peter Parker might be shy and timid but as Spiderman he's fearless and heroic. Peter Parker might be awkward and nerdy but Spiderman is cool, funny and he gets the girl. Pretty much Spiderman is all the things that Peter Parker isn't. Once he puts on that mask he's allowed to live out all the power fantasies he never could as plain old Peter Parker.

But the thing is Garfield - as much as I enjoyed his performance - is pretty much the same in an out of the suit. There is literally no distinction between Peter Parker and Spiderman in this movie outside of the costume. And to me that's a problem.

I know you like to go on about how Peter changes and evolves as a character but the fact is we never really saw that in the first movie either. This is the way we're introduced to Peter from the jump. In this continuity Peter is cool and hip before he ever gets bit by the spider. So there really is no "evolution" going on there.

And it's a shame because ASM2 is head and shoulders the best Spidey movie I've ever seen and I thought Garfield fukkin crushed it all around. But I think it would have been much better served had the first movie laid that groundwork. The first movie should have been primarily about Peter on a journey of self discovery and overcoming his inner demons so that by the time the movie is over he no longer needs the mask to be confident in himself. And THEN we would get to see the sly, witty and romantic Peter in ASM2.

That would have worked better for me.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
for people saying its dumb to have electro be a fan of spidey then snap well max was like an obsessive fan.and how many times in life have we seen celebrities attacked by their biggest\strangest fans.

Selena, Jon Lennon, etc.. Yeah, I'm in agreement.

Yeah, I think Gwen's line towards Peter about that summed that up as well when she said that's what it felt like loving him sometimes.

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734
@MartyMcFly

I tagged you cause I know we had this discussion before. As much as I loved ASM2, wouldn't you agree that perhaps not enough emphasis is being put on Peter's social ineptness in these movies? Is that not a defining aspect of the character that they seem to have glossed over in a major way?

The way I always understood it was that Peter used Spiderman as a way for him to escape his own mundane reality. Peter Parker might be shy and timid but as Spiderman he's fearless and heroic. Peter Parker might be awkward and nerdy but Spiderman is cool, funny and he gets the girl. Pretty much Spiderman is all the things that Peter Parker isn't. Once he puts on that mask he's allowed to live out all the power fantasies he never could as plain old Peter Parker.

But the thing is Garfield - as much as I enjoyed his performance - is pretty much the same in an out of the suit. There is literally no distinction between Peter Parker and Spiderman in this movie outside of the costume. And to me that's a problem.

I know you like to go on about how Peter changes and evolves as a character but the fact is we never really saw that in the first movie either. This is the way we're introduced to Peter from the jump. In this continuity Peter is cool and hip before he ever gets bit by the spider. So there really is no "evolution" going on there.

And it's a shame because ASM2 is head and shoulders the best Spidey movie I've ever seen and I thought Garfield fukkin crushed it all around. But I think it would have been much better served had the first movie laid that groundwork. The first movie should have been primarily about Peter on a journey of self discovery and overcoming his inner demons so that by the time the movie is over he no longer needs the mask to be confident in himself. And THEN we would get to see the sly, witty and romantic Peter in ASM2.

That would have worked better for me.
i hear you, but bumbling nerd parker is somewhat of a played charactor arc that marvel has gotten away from. I think it took over too much of the writing in the first trilogy. I prefer normal kid comedian spiderman we see now.

This movie is great the more i talk about it...

I'm a big fan of the first act; its SPIDERMAN being SPIDERMAN. Web swinging, joke cracking, cheered by the city, saving kids, beating up bad guys and being late for a date with M.J. Gwen. I really appreciated that...its the best film i've seen in the genre that makes you think about what it FEELS Like to be the hero...the web swing and fight scenes are only matched by the "soaking up the sun to replenish energy" and "save the airplane crash" scenes of Return of Superman (and that is all I will discuss that movie) in terms of comic-to-film translation of feeling.

I'm noticing a trend

SPIDERMAN fans love this movie
COMIC MOVIE fans are disecting it and destroying it
regular movie fans think its good and not much else.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
A lot of the hate has to do with this not being a Marvel Studios property which is fukking weird because it's not like the MCU is putting out classic after classic..

I can understand wanting Marvel to have the rights back but what's the point if they are just going to continue to water down their own product :manny:

Daps
Reppin
NYC
I'm a big fan of the first act; its SPIDERMAN being SPIDERMAN. Web swinging, joke cracking, cheered by the city, saving kids, beating up bad guys and being late for a date with M.J. Gwen. I really appreciated that...its the best film i've seen in the genre that makes you think about what it FEELS Like to be the hero...the web swing and fight scenes are only matched by the "soaking up the sun to replenish energy" and "save the airplane crash" scenes of Return of Superman (and that is all I will discuss that movie) in terms of comic-to-film translation of feeling.

The whole time watching those scenes of Spidey just swinging around NY like that I was just thinkin about all the little kids in the theater and how fukkin AMAZED they all must have been. That's the type of shyt that will capture your imagination and turn you into a fan for life. This movie captured the wonder of being Spiderman like no movie before it. Like there were moments in this movie that just had me straight :ohhh:at the sight of it.

For me I've yet to see Supes and Bats captured like that on screen. Superman 78 had it pitch perfect but obviously it was limited in what it could accomplish.

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734
The whole time watching those scenes of Spidey just swinging around NY like that I was just thinkin about all the little kids in the theater and how fukkin AMAZED they all must have been. That's the type of shyt that will capture your imagination and turn you into a fan for life. This movie captured the wonder of being Spiderman like no movie before it. Like there were moments in this movie that just had me straight :ohhh:at the sight of it.

For me I've yet to see Supes and Bats captured like that on screen. Superman 78 had it pitch perfect but obviously it was limited in what it could accomplish.
low key, and i'm sure this will get roasted..THE RETURN OF SUPERMAN did the best job at that ever...him getting shot in the eye and the bullet shattering...his flight scenes...going to the sun to rest/replenish...and the scene where he saved lois lane from the airplane crashing in the stadium was straight out of a comic book...it captured the scope and gravity of what superman does really well.

the story of the film wasn't good, but THAT, and the GOAT version of lex luthor ever made me actually enjoy the film a lot.