First Amazing Spider-Man 2 Reviews In :lupe:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Lol I thought it worked though. The guy was a loser his whole life and now he finally had an opportunity to live out his power fantasies. Lol he WOULD say something like that and think he's the shyt now.

How big of a loser did he have to be though? He was like the one loser to rule them all.
Couldn't be a little more subtle with it?
They may as well have casted Jim carey to play electro and arnold to play rhino. Woulda had the same effect.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
NYC
They may as well have casted Jim carey to play electro and arnold to play rhino. Woulda had the same effect.

spiderman-electro-freeze.jpg

Lakers Offseason

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Worst thing about the movie and annoyed me was the music. It was like every character had a theme of their own. You had happy peter music, depressed peter music, spider man music, gwen/peter music, electro's dub step music (whispers noise that sounded like someone's ringtone), etc.

Also why were the New Yorkers standing behind barricades cheering on Spidey like he was Boxer or some shyt instead of running away during fights

This was the part that got me :mindblown: the most.

shyt is blowing up, a super villain is going nuts, machine guns are going off and these dudes are standing behind metal barriers watching like they're on a Hollywood premiere :mjlol:. Are New Yorkers this dumb:dwillhuh:?

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Electros dialog and look reminded me of Arnold's mr freeze.

It's time for me to light my candles?
:mjlol:

It worked for the character. Dude was pathetic and a narcissist to a high ass level and it wasn't done with a wink at the camera. Had he said it, paused for dramatic effect, and then went about his business I'd agree with you but it was quick and then the action continued. His whole thing was about being powerless and then getting too much power and using it wrong. Most of spider-man's villains are all examples of that or an inverse of Peter, much like Batman's villains are an inverse of him: they get a great amount of power and use it in the wrong ways and a guy like Electro or a guy like Shocker for that matter, tend to be on the sillier side of things because there isn't much pathos to their characters. So when I see dudes complaining about Rhino's screen time I laugh because I think Rhino got the perfect amount of screen time. Dude is the quintessential "gun for hire" and doesn't need a lot of time because it will get silly. He's a dumb crook who's too stupid to know that he's stupid.

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
This was the part that got me :mindblown: the most.

shyt is blowing up, a super villain is going nuts, machine guns are going off and these dudes are standing behind metal barriers watching like they're on a Hollywood premiere :mjlol:. Are New Yorkers this dumb:dwillhuh:?

This sums it up lol

So they show the kid in the safety of his own home looking at the wind turbine that Spider-man fixed for him. Then a scene or two later he's shown on the street in his Spidey outfit with all of the other idiots watching a huge robotic tank that's firing machine guns coming directly their way (apparently NYKers don't mind being in the line of fire). So then I questioned why he and his mother just happen to be in the path of the Rhino in the first place which took me out of the scene. My only guess ia his mom is the biggest idiot on Earth who let her son dress up in a Spidey outfit and decided to put him in harm's way to watch Rhino blow stuff up with the rest of the dumb spectators
th_confused.gif
The execution of that scene was just too stupid to ignore and turned into a WTF moment for me.

Hypris

Superstar
Daps
How big of a loser did he have to be though? He was like the one loser to rule them all.
Couldn't be a little more subtle with it?

Yeah, I know what they were trying to do with Electro, but they could have did a lot better developing his character.

Lakers Offseason

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This sums it up lol

They could have done that so much better. It made the ending goofy. They went from a serious tone, with Gwen and that whole shyt, to something that belonged in a Ben 10 episode:skip:

Still though, this was a good movie. People must have had crazy expectations if they thought this film sucked.

Lakers Offseason

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
One last thing, why'd they have to make Rhino so goofy like that? Why couldn't they just make him like how he is in the comics? CGI him like they did with Hulk in the Avengers :yeshrug:

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
shyt if I ever get to go to comic con id like to dress up as electro when he was decked out in all black hoodie on just glowing blue.

electro-2-650x0.jpg

Btw Jim carrey should def. try to land that Cletus Kassidy role since he never got to play the joker

c_The-Amazing-Spider-Man-2_notizia.JPG

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
thread is reminding me once again how simple minded some of the posters are. You absolutely NEED to have the Garfield/Emma Stone scenes to show where they are in their relationship

So when the THUD happens there is emotional weight to it

The interactions between Peter and Gwen were very well done. Their on-screen chemistry is 100% better than Tobey Maguire/Dunst.

Re: Villains. I really like Loki and Winter Soldier was a boss but I'd rather watch Electro fukking up Times Square than whatever the hell those generic Iron Man villains were trying to do in all of those movies or the piece of shyt generic alien race in Avengers..

Marvel Studios RARELY treats their villains as threats... They are all fukking jobbers lets be serious.. :beli: