First Amazing Spider-Man 2 Reviews In :lupe:

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
It seems like unless its connected to the marvel cinematic universe it gets hated on by all these marvel fanboys.

Even though cap 1 was trash, thor 1 and 2 were trash, ironman 2 and 3 were trash.

Same people trashing this for weak villains praise marvels :heh: even though the marvel univetse is like ten flicks deep and havent had a single memorable villain.

Same dudes calling out corny humour in this but praising marvels :heh:

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
the death of gwen storyline was done right that's why it was so entertaining and plus emma stone is a bad bytch that's why it came like a punch to the gut when it happened, plus Garfield plays a spot on cocky spiderman and kid from queens, I got no qualms about mecha rhino I mean how else would they have done it, they could have done the lame cross species genetics but I think it would come out looking like the lizard again

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
The irony of ironies with the Webb's films is that he is very faithful to the source material which should make us comic fans happy...but he just doesn't know how to put it all together to make a compelling comic book movie. I think most comic fans would prefer if they alter the source material a little bit as long as they make a dope ass film (like SM2, Dark Knight etc). Webb's spider man movies have ranged from 'meh' to flat out boring....and he's mostly sticking to the script lol. Raimi did a much better job of film making (minus SM3)

I mean just look at this:

Peep the music/score, the cinematography, the action, drama, intensity etc. This 4 minute clip is literally more compelling than the 4 hours of Webb's SM movies imo.

peter being such a crybaby and peopling simping for an ugly chick kills all of that (supermodel? really?), if the dark knight had a better looking Rachel dawes the movie would have been perfect also

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
Just came back from seeing this...

So Peter and Harry are bffs after he hasn't seen him in 8 years? :beli: ok

The scene where Gwen and Peter are walking in the park was cringe worthy:scusthov:. They should've cut most of those BS love dovey scenes out

Idk how Sinister 6 is gonna work out. The Rhino guy is in a fukking robot like Avatar and probably lost the fight with Spidey, the Vulture's wings look like Falcons from Cap 2, we have to see Doc Ock again :aicmon:, Sandman again :sitdown: and I know they'll probably make Mysterio look like an ass somehow :snoop: Electro didn't do shyt and tried to pull of his best Bane impression also Harry looked and sounded retarded as the Goblin. I didn't understand the motives of any of the villains, especially Electro's.

Jefe Blanco

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Electro >>>>>>> EVERY marvel studios villian easily...excellent work there

:usure: dude that was crying that everyone forgot his birthday? better than Loki or Winter Solider?

Anyway I saw this last night and still feel mixed about it. Some things worked and others didn't. The stuff with the parents was meh, some of the Gwen/Peter scenes dragged on too long, and all the good "action" scenes were already shown in the trailers. There wasn't even that much action really.

The Spidey web slinging was :wow:, Dane Dehann:wow: and the ending :wow:. It's too bad you have to sit through so much meh to get to the good stuff though. 6.5-7/10

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
Worst thing about the movie and annoyed me was the music. It was like every character had a theme of their own. You had happy peter music, depressed peter music, spider man music, gwen/peter music, electro's dub step music (whispers noise that sounded like someone's ringtone), etc.

Also why were the New Yorkers standing behind barricades cheering on Spidey like he was Boxer or some shyt instead of running away during fights

Last edited:
  • Dap
Reactions: flo

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Cheesy?

What are you nikkas talking about? This movie was done exceptionally well. It wasn't the routine action scene with little fillers in between them like more comic movies.

It had actual character development, layered characters, the dialogue was on point.

fukking arcadium :snoop:

German-accented doctor who plays classical music while torturing subjects?

Ghost of Dennis Leary popping up with conveniently dramatic timing?

Max Dillon's entire character before he becomes Electro?

Gwen saying she's the only one who knows how to restore the power grid when it's a big red button?

And lol @ "The dialogue was on point". That entire video by Peter's dad was nothing but poorly written exposition. Dude made a video exposing all of Oscorp yet he was talking as if he knew Peter was going to turn into Spider-Man and become the only person to ever see that video. Dude dropped his exposé halfway through the video to randomly emphasize how important his son was to him. conveniently because Peter was dealing with abandonment issues for the entire movie.

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
Electro >>>>>>> EVERY marvel studios villian easily...excellent work there
3664528-5059441657-78793.gif

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just came back from seeing this...

So Peter and Harry are bffs after he hasn't seen him in 8 years? :beli: ok
They were best friends as kids till Norman took Harry out of public school. Peter was just trying to rekindle a friendship with an old friend who just recently came back.
The scene where Gwen and Peter are walking in the park was cringe worthy:scusthov:. They should've cut most of those BS love dovey scenes out
Lovey dovey stuff is just part Spider-Man. Young guys his age that are in love can get easily attached like that.

Idk how Sinister 6 is gonna work out. The Rhino guy is in a fukking robot like Avatar and probably lost the fight with Spidey, the Vulture's wings look like Falcons from Cap 2, we have to see Doc Ock again :aicmon:, Sandman again :sitdown: and I know they'll probably make Mysterio look like an ass somehow :snoop: Electro didn't do shyt and tried to pull of his best Bane impression also Harry looked and sounded retarded as the Goblin. I didn't understand the motives of any of the villains, especially Electro's.
What did you expect Rhino to be in? Spandex? Rhino is stupid and is always dealt with quickly by Spidey

I don't think they are doing a Sinister Six like the way people are thinking. We'll probably get The Vulture and Doc Ock in the sequel, along with a Mary Jane introduction. Venom possibly in the fourth if we get a fourth film. I can't see them wrapping up the story in just three movies.

I'm really curious as to who the man in the shadows is