First Amazing Spider-Man 2 Reviews In :lupe:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
It's not a competition to me.I just think TASM series is bland.It doesn't hit you in the gut.You have to bend, twist, rationalize, and attempt to over explain just to draw some good out of this shyt.Sign of a bad movie to me:yeshrug:.

And that's for anybody with a slightly sophisticated eye for film(And I don't even label myself as that).

The typical goofball who's just mesmerized by pretty graphics don't count to me.The masses are asses and these movie companies know that shyt.That's why they can keep putting out mediocre flick after mediocre flick.If the CGI is good and the color palette is bright and vivid, the common folk gone bite on it.Especially if you dress up the trailer good enough.

They don't give a shyt.Spidey gone sell regardless.I believe SM3 is still the highest grossing SM movie ever.That shyt was just as bad, if not worst, than TASM2.These movie companies don't give a flying fukk.I could do the nest Spider-Man and that shyt would still be guaranteed 700 mill..at the minimum.It's nobdoy's passion anymore...Just strictly business

Word. no disagreement there and that's the reason a lot of film critics and film students hate summer blockbusters because they emphasize style over substance. BUT TASM series as of now has hit me in the gut but again those are for personal reasons so I don't expect everyone to view it through the same lenses. So far, the whole series has been about loss, grief, and learning how to overcome those feelings and not quit because of it and that shyt hits home for me and hits very hard so I can relate. So the movie being mostly about Gwen and Peter's relationship and his relationship with his aunt and his connection to his dad all work for me but I don't expect it to work for everyone and that's cool.

But hollywood has always been a business breh, they're always more concerned with the bottom line than prestige until its oscar season and even then, money comes into play and how many eyes they can get to watch the oscars. It's the reason everyone is about franchises now and not concerned with telling individual stories. Same reason we're getting a Beverly Hills Cop 4

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
i seen it, thought it was ok better than the first one. Some things i really didn't like/understand

1. Jamie Foxx whole char portrayal not really sure how u go from people not knowing you to wanting to kill everyone in an instant. I guess he's a sociopath?

2. Green/White goblin not having enough screen time. The GG is a big enough villian to have his own movie. I'd rather save him for ASM3 then to give him 5 minutes of screen time even though it led to gwen's death.

3. Why didn't mary Jane get introduced yet?

4. The rhino being a damn transformer was :Camby: to me. This nikka is suppose to be in a rhino costume not some fully mechanized costume shooting machines guns and missles :camby:

5. The xmen angle at the end, how is the hell are they incorporating xmen into spiderman unless it's totally seperate and which in case why show this in Sony's spider-man movie i'd rather get a preview of spiderman 3.

6. Loved the CGI/ Fight sequences with spidey which was dope. Everything else is meh.

Captain america shyts all over this movie

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
i seen it, thought it was ok better than the first one. Some things i really didn't like/understand

1. Jamie Foxx whole char portrayal not really sure how u go from people not knowing you to wanting to kill everyone in an instant. I guess he's a sociopath?

2. Green/White goblin not having enough screen time. The GG is a big enough villian to have his own movie. I'd rather save him for ASM3 then to give him 5 minutes of screen time even though it led to gwen's death.

3. Why didn't mary Jane get introduced yet?

4. The rhino being a damn transformer was :Camby: to me. This nikka is suppose to be in a rhino costume not some fully mechanized costume shooting machines guns and missles :camby:

5. The xmen angle at the end, how is the hell are they incorporating xmen into spiderman unless it's totally seperate and which in case why show this in Sony's spider-man movie i'd rather get a preview of spiderman 3.

6. Loved the CGI/ Fight sequences with spidey which was dope. Everything else is meh.

Captain america shyts all over this movie

Fox made a deal with Sony to preview the movie after spider man as part of them letting Marc Webb devote his time to making three spider man flicks when he still owes them a movie so it's not interconnecting just business.

He took MJ out because he felt it would take away from the Gwen and Peter story but she will be in the next one

And he said they made Rhino a mech suit similar to ultimate spider man and because he figured it fit more. And I didn't mind Goblin not getting enough time because I know that's not the end of his story and
I'm still not convinced Norman is dead

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Word. no disagreement there and that's the reason a lot of film critics and film students hate summer blockbusters because they emphasize style over substance. BUT TASM series as of now has hit me in the gut but again those are for personal reasons so I don't expect everyone to view it through the same lenses. So far, the whole series has been about loss, grief, and learning how to overcome those feelings and not quit because of it and that shyt hits home for me and hits very hard so I can relate. So the movie being mostly about Gwen and Peter's relationship and his relationship with his aunt and his connection to his dad all work for me but I don't expect it to work for everyone and that's cool.

But hollywood has always been a business breh, they're always more concerned with the bottom line than prestige until its oscar season and even then, money comes into play and how many eyes they can get to watch the oscars. It's the reason everyone is about franchises now and not concerned with telling individual stories. Same reason we're getting a Beverly Hills Cop 4

I can respect that.I can see that you have a keen eye to spot what you like about TASM series.

Through all the madness, I kinda liked the end set up of TASM2.I think it lays the groundwork for TASM3 to be highly redeemable/ epic.All the lil elements are there.Will the capitalize on it? I doubt it:yeshrug:

But the way it's set up right now, TASM3 can be to Webb what SM 2 was to Raimi.

I'm not excited, but I'm interested to see what he's going to do with it

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I can respect that.I can see that you have a keen eye to spot what you like about TASM series.

Through all the madness, I kinda liked the end set up of TASM2.I think it lays the groundwork for TASM3 to be highly redeemable/ epic.All the lil elements are there.Will the capitalize on it? I doubt it:yeshrug:

But the way it's set up right now, TASM3 can be to Webb what SM 2 was to Raimi.

I'm not excited, but I'm interested to see what he's going to do with it

it's tough to realize this, this is only dude's 3rd film lol. I mean it's crazy to think about it but this is his 3rd film so he's still getting his feet wet. Rami had the benefit of having a decade worth material under his belt before he tackled spider man so he was much more confident in what he was doing and how he was doing it. Marc is still figuring it out and in this film, he seemed much more confident in his abilities and what he wanted to do but I'm hoping that continues with the 3rd. He tried to do what the best spider man comics do which is juggle tone and sometimes it worked sometimes it didn't but IMO, it worked for the most part. I like the character work he does in both films and as a film geek and a writer, character stuff is always where I go first and I'll admit that shades my view on things. I have an idea of how a spider man movie should work and it's that the action should come as a result of the emotion or character work and he did that in this movie. Anytime he's spider man, it distracts him from something Peter needs to handle until the end where both worlds collide.

Based on interviews, he has a clear vision of what he wants to do with the 3rd movie but obviously he isn't saying much about it and I can respect that. But I do know, and of course this is going to piss dudes in here off, that he wants to focus on how Pete can move on from Gwen and how that is going to have an impact on a potential relationship with MJ and that will tie into the theme of the movie which he isn't speaking on yet. The funny thing about it though, is how opposite spider-man 2 and amazing spider man 2 are in their messages: At the beginning of SM2, Peter thinks he can't have it all and in the end he realizes he can. Amazing 2 is the complete opposite of that.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
And that's ultimately point from my post. A reviewer I follow on Twitter, big spidey fan, says that if you liked the first one you'll love this one and even if you didn't like the first, then this one may still swing you. but he said not everyone will feel that way and that's true. I've even seen reviews of the film that are upset the movie exists...some are saying it doesn't juggle its story threads will while others are saying it does with ease. I'm reading a newsarama review right now and they give it an 8/10 so it is what it is
Movie was so terrible bro.

I'm so anry.

I'm a spider simp too

Daps
Reppin
NULL
it's tough to realize this, this is only dude's 3rd film lol. I mean it's crazy to think about it but this is his 3rd film so he's still getting his feet wet. Rami had the benefit of having a decade worth material under his belt before he tackled spider man so he was much more confident in what he was doing and how he was doing it. Marc is still figuring it out and in this film, he seemed much more confident in his abilities and what he wanted to do but I'm hoping that continues with the 3rd. He tried to do what the best spider man comics do which is juggle tone and sometimes it worked sometimes it didn't but IMO, it worked for the most part. I like the character work he does in both films and as a film geek and a writer, character stuff is always where I go first and I'll admit that shades my view on things. I have an idea of how a spider man movie should work and it's that the action should come as a result of the emotion or character work and he did that in this movie. Anytime he's spider man, it distracts him from something Peter needs to handle until the end where both worlds collide.

Based on interviews, he has a clear vision of what he wants to do with the 3rd movie but obviously he isn't saying much about it and I can respect that. But I do know, and of course this is going to piss dudes in here off, that he wants to focus on how Pete can move on from Gwen and how that is going to have an impact on a potential relationship with MJ and that will tie into the theme of the movie which he isn't speaking on yet. The funny thing about it though, is how opposite spider-man 2 and amazing spider man 2 are in their messages: At the beginning of SM2, Peter thinks he can't have it all and in the end he realizes he can. Amazing 2 is the complete opposite of that.

That's what mad Spider-Man 2 so dope IMO.

Webb attempted to do it, but he doesn't have the same level of expertise as Raimi.His lack of experience shows.I didn't know he had so little work.Seamless storytelling is definitely not his craft.He better get better in a hurry

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
That's what mad Spider-Man 2 so dope IMO.

Webb attempted to do it, but he doesn't have the same level of expertise as Raimi.His lack of experience shows.I didn't know he had so little work.Seamless storytelling is definitely not his craft.He better get better in a hurry

Agree to disagree on that one. I think he handled it well but I do agree that he needs to get better at it. I think for the 3rd he will go with a simpler story to tell just by necessity and that will help him out but again, there's a learning curve to storytelling and making flicks so that will be his fourth movie and he showed a big leap from the 1st to the 2nd and I'm assuming he will for the next. And my issue with Spidey 2 has always been that outside of the first scene with him delivering pizza (and even that's a stretch) and the last scene of the movie, he only suits up when something around him is in danger or when MJ is in danger. I like my spider man to be proactive in crime fighting and this movie showed him actively looking for people to save and crimes to thwart and I applaud that.

Movie was so terrible bro.

I'm so anry.

I'm a spider simp too

That's cool breh. I disagree. We're all entitled to our opinion :myman:

Last edited:

We Ready

The Malarkey Cutter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Indiana
The scene where Spider Man first meets up with Electro in Times Square was dope.

Sony really made the effects of Electro and the effects in INfamous Second Son look very similar.

The part that really pissed me off the most was Harry telling Peter "so when you said that spider man said no, you really meant you said no" :beli:

Peter never told Harry that Spider Man said no.....Spider Man showed up and told him personally.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
:laff:
:dead:

absolute truth tho :ehh:

The final fight was ass. :sadcam:

Electro was barely in the movie and his dork demeanor was cringe worthy. He was only dope when Harry set him free but as soon as started playing the itsy bitsy spider I was over him :smh:

Harry Osborne as goblin had like the 3 minutes of screentime. Then he died or got knocked out too quick. He sounded like the green witch from the wizard of oz. :usure:

Too many sappy moments in the film. Peter and Gwen....Aunt May and Peter...too much :camby:

Rhino was turrible. That accent and those lines :scusthov:

There wasn't a plot at all. Like...I don't understand what the movie was trying to accomplish?

the only was part grabbed my attention was Electro and Harry teaming up....and the final scene with Gwen

Overall: I'm a huge Spidey Stan so I'm super disappointed with this movie.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
The final fight was ass. :sadcam:

Electro was barely in the movie and his dork demeanor was cringe worthy. He was only dope when Harry set him free but as soon as started playing the itsy bitsy spider I was over him :smh:

Harry Osborne as goblin had like the 3 minutes of screentime. Then he died or got knocked out too quick. He sounded like the green witch from the wizard of oz. :usure:

Too many sappy moments in the film. Peter and Gwen....Aunt May and Peter...too much :camby:

Rhino was turrible. That accent and those lines :scusthov:

There wasn't a plot at all. Like...I don't understand what the movie was trying to accomplish?

the only was part grabbed my attention was Electro and Harry teaming up....and the final scene with Gwen

I'm a huge Spidey Stan so I'm super disappointed

Death of Gwen Stacy breh. that was the whole point