First Amazing Spider-Man 2 Reviews In :lupe:

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
The fight scene between Electro and Spider Man > all 3 of the toby mcguire spider mans combined

ima go as far and say out of the 5 movies so far, Electro is BY FAR the best villain we've seen yet in the spider man movies

Its up there with Captain America 2 to me..

Ive never heard a movie theatre get so silent as when Gwen died :lupe: by the time it got to the part where the lil kid was pretending to be spider man a lotta the girls in the movie theatres you could see wiping they eyes :to:

the only part that was kind of weak to me was the fight with Rhino and Green Goblin.. they were both WAY too short, even though im sure the fight with Rhino is just gonna start off the 3rd part of the movie.
Agreed. That fight with Electro was up there with Spidey vs Doc Ock bank robbery. shyt was just intense

AtomicUse

Superstar
Daps
Do I need to see this in 3d? Or is it not worth me messing with the glasses?

Last edited:

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:aicmon: Not to pick on you but it sounds like most of you people who hate Toby's Spiderman hate Spiderman himself. Peter Park is a lame science nerd who routinely get clowned by his peers. After Peter gets his powers, he starts acting cocky and completely ruins it by getting his uncle killed. Feeling guility, Peter decides to live his with a more down to Earth attitude. To make it worst some old dude has dedicated his life to ruining Peter's alter ego public image.

:dahell: Why in the world would he continue acting cocky knowing full well it lead to the death one of the handful of people in the world who cares about him? Why would he continue/pull off acting cocky if he's been a fukking lame all his life? Why would Peter draw more attention to himself?

Im glad you mentioned Superman because he wants to blend in. Peter Parker wants to stand out but pays for it every time he does.

nah I loved Spiderman as a kid,probaly my favorite superhero:blessed:....but what I know about comic books characters I pretty much know from movies or cartoons,and I think that's a lot of the audience who goes to see these:manny:...I get comic book fans might have they own expectation but a lot of people have a completely different one...I don't remember Peter Parker comin off as some straight nerd/lame on the cartoon at all:patrice:...I remember him being a smartazz and cracking jokes taunting his enemies:banderas:....this Spiderman gives that off way better than Hoby ever did:pachaha:

And even in the first trilogy Spiderman is cocky and a smartazz when he's Spiderman,just bad at it:snoop:...so that kills that whole argument,If Spiderman got his uncle killed being cocky as Spiderman why the hell would he still be cocky as Spiderman but not Peter?:manny:.......the version of Spiderman I know never had Peter and Spiderman act different(except for the black costume)...if the comics did its time to correct that cheesy aspect like its time to correct it in the Superman movies:mjlol:...but even more necessary for Spiderman cuz theres no good reason for it.

You cant say he was a nerd,got cocky when he became spiderman,got his uncled killed being cocky as spiderman so he decided to fall back and be humble:whoa:,but only as Peter Parker but not as Spideerman ,makes no sense at all imo:dahell:....lets kill that cheesy aspect right now,looks like they'll do it with Superman too:myman:....If they wanted to have Toby be emo and reserved as peter he shouldve been that way as Spiderman too,anything else is stupid and people are just on to it bruh.

Last edited:

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
Anybody who has seen it........is it better then Thor 2??
If you want a good review for it, check here: REVIEW: ‘Amazing Spider-Man 2′ And The Trouble With Outline Filmmaking

Good as in it describes it pretty accurately. Vince usually has good reviews I agree with, but he was wrong on Cap 2.

Btw, not so sure about this being such a box office hit. I went today at like 6:30, and not including the people I went with, there were about 15 people in the theater. :lupe:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Honest answer, I don't know. My gripe is the movie felt like it had no real purpose

It's pretty much just filler and a set-up for the Sinister six movie, which from judging by this movie, will be a train wreck of epic proportions. If you can barely handle 3 villains and one hero in a film that runs for almost two and a half hours, what makes you think you'll be able to handle 6 villains and one hero, plus side characters :snoop:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Thought it was dope. I won't go into spoilers but the movie definitely hits some emotional beats that I'm glad a spider man movie did but never thought a spider man movie would do. And plays around with the mythology of characters so that always gets me interested. Andrew nails Peter and Spider-Man easily. It took me a while to settle into the tone but the movie finds its groove and that 3rd act is incredible

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
just came bak from seeing the amazing spider simp 2....movie was an absolute trash action film....my gawd this shyt was a straight struggle to get thru...the dialogue, the ridiculously long scenes between gwen and peter where he's just completely simping her and there giggling and shyt at each other for like 2min straight :what:, the utter cheeseball-ness of jamie foxx before he became electro :upsetfavre:, and possibly the corniest beginning of a film i've ever witnessed in the theater :snoop:.....the final fight with electro and goblin was cool but it was short as fuk :wtf:...he fought two dudes in like 6min :mjlol:the only redeeming factor for me was
gwen's death cuz it was so much better than in the comics
but i can't give it a grade higher than a 6.5/10..any person who actually believes this shyt was even sorta touching spider man 2 just has too much hate for tobey and i can't respect your opinion at all....if you're looking for a love story like @MartyMcFly then this movie is for u, if you're looking for an action film when it comes to a comic book movie (like me) then i suggest u just wait to download it or pass completely.....oh and besides the gwen thing at the end pretty much everybody around me in the theater was disengaged as fuk in this movie :lolbron: , ppl laughing at how bad the dialogue was all throughout :russ:, chick behind me said it was the worse action movie ever, during the funeral scene :wow: and when it was over the dude nxt to me asked his homeboy if he was tryna watch the xmen clip and ol dude was like "i'll youtube it, i just really wanna get the hell outta here right now" :pachaha:....i think im officially dun with webb's spiderman films :ehh:...i'll catch the nxt one with a download link :yeshrug:...i really hope godzilla is good cuz i took a serious L with this one :to:

Last edited:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
just came bak from seeing it....movie was an absolute trash action movie....my gawd this shyt was a straight struggle to get thru...the dialogue, the ridiculously long scenes between gwen and peter where he's just completely simping her and there giggling and shyt at each other for like 2min straight :what:, the utter cheeseball-ness of jamie foxx before he became electro :upsetfavre:, and possibly the corniest beginning of a film i've ever witnessed in the theater :snoop:.....the final fight with electro and goblin was cool but it was short as fuk :wtf:...he fought two dudes in like 6min :mjlol:the only redeeming factor for me was
but i can't give it a grade higher than a 6.5/10..any person who actually believes this shyt was even sorta touching spider man 2 just has too much hate for tobey and i can't respect your opinion at all....if you're looking for a love story like @MartyMcFly then this movie is for u, if you're looking for an action film when it comes to a comic book movie (like me) then i suggest u just wait to download it or pass completely.....oh and besides the gwen thing at the end pretty much everybody around me in the theater was disengaged as fuk in this movie :lolbron: , ppl laughing at how bad the dialogue was all throughout :russ:, chick behind me said it was the worst action movie ever during the funeral scene :wow: and when it was over the dude nxt to me asked his homeboy if he was tryna watch the xmen clip and ol dude was like "i'll youtube it, i just really wanna get the hell outta here right now" :pachaha:

:russ: LOL.... ill wait for the blu-ray myself... save your money or just go to the $6 matinee

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
just came bak from seeing it....movie was an absolute trash action movie....my gawd this shyt was a straight struggle to get thru...the dialogue, the ridiculously long scenes between gwen and peter where he's just completely simping her and there giggling and shyt at each other for like 2min straight :what:, the utter cheeseball-ness of jamie foxx before he became electro :upsetfavre:, and possibly the corniest beginning of a film i've ever witnessed in the theater :snoop:.....the final fight with electro and goblin was cool but it was short as fuk :wtf:...he fought two dudes in like 6min :mjlol:the only redeeming factor for me was
but i can't give it a grade higher than a 6.5/10..any person who actually believes this shyt was even sorta touching spider man 2 just has too much hate for tobey and i can't respect your opinion at all....if you're looking for a love story like @MartyMcFly then this movie is for u, if you're looking for an action film when it comes to a comic book movie (like me) then i suggest u just wait to download it or pass completely.....oh and besides the gwen thing at the end pretty much everybody around me in the theater was disengaged as fuk in this movie :lolbron: , ppl laughing at how bad the dialogue was all throughout :russ:, chick behind me said it was the worst action movie ever during the funeral scene :wow: and when it was over the dude nxt to me asked his homeboy if he was tryna watch the xmen clip and ol dude was like "i'll youtube it, i just really wanna get the hell outta here right now" :pachaha:

Aye breh ease up lol. I'm not talking "love story" emotion I'm talking about other stuff in it as well but that aside, I don't get the letdown for the amount of action in a spider man movie because that's not what the character is about. His stories are more about Peter Parker than spider man so the movies should be like that as well. I get if dudes don't like it, that's cool but that's never been what spider man has been about. The best spider man stories are Peter Parker stories with spider man playing a supporting character. He's not like Superman or Batman where the action will be and should be the forefront of the story. That's just how it's always been. With some characters that works with others it doesn't. It's not about wanting a love story breh, it's about understanding what makes the character work and what the best stories about him have always been. Even in Spider-Man 2, a movie a lot of cats love, there are only a few action scenes. The movie is really about Peter coming to grips with who he is and realizing he can be spider man and Peter Parker