First Amazing Spider-Man 2 Reviews In :lupe:

JayYoung314

St. Louis Survivor
Daps
Reppin
Saint Louis
Aye breh ease up lol. I'm not talking "love story" emotion I'm talking about other stuff in it as well but that aside, I don't get the letdown for the amount of action in a spider man movie because that's not what the character is about. His stories are more about Peter Parker than spider man so the movies should be like that as well. I get if dudes don't like it, that's cool but that's never been what spider man has been about. The best spider man stories are Peter Parker stories with spider man playing a supporting character. He's not like Superman or Batman where the action will be and should be the forefront of the story. That's just how it's always been. With some characters that works with others it doesn't. It's not about wanting a love story breh, it's about understanding what makes the character work and what the best stories about him have always been. Even in Spider-Man 2, a movie a lot of cats love, there are only a few action scenes. The movie is really about Peter coming to grips with who he is and realizing he can be spider man and Peter Parker

stopped reading right here. we dont go to a spider man movie 2 see a good love story, we go to see spiderman kick some fukking ass. we can read the comics for that bull shyt later

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Aye breh ease up lol. I'm not talking "love story" emotion I'm talking about other stuff in it as well but that aside, I don't get the letdown for the amount of action in a spider man movie because that's not what the character is about. His stories are more about Peter Parker than spider man so the movies should be like that as well. I get if dudes don't like it, that's cool but that's never been what spider man has been about. The best spider man stories are Peter Parker stories with spider man playing a supporting character. He's not like Superman or Batman where the action will be and should be the forefront of the story. That's just how it's always been. With some characters that works with others it doesn't. It's not about wanting a love story breh, it's about understanding what makes the character work and what the best stories about him have always been. Even in Spider-Man 2, a movie a lot of cats love, there are only a few action scenes. The movie is really about Peter coming to grips with who he is and realizing he can be spider man and Peter Parker
No hate cuz I know u passionate ....but...

:comeon:

JayYoung314

St. Louis Survivor
Daps
Reppin
Saint Louis
just came bak from seeing the amazing spider simp 2....movie was an absolute trash action film....my gawd this shyt was a straight struggle to get thru...the dialogue, the ridiculously long scenes between gwen and peter where he's just completely simping her and there giggling and shyt at each other for like 2min straight :what:, the utter cheeseball-ness of jamie foxx before he became electro :upsetfavre:, and possibly the corniest beginning of a film i've ever witnessed in the theater :snoop:.....the final fight with electro and goblin was cool but it was short as fuk :wtf:...he fought two dudes in like 6min :mjlol:the only redeeming factor for me was
gwen's death cuz it was so much better than in the comics
but i can't give it a grade higher than a 6.5/10..any person who actually believes this shyt was even sorta touching spider man 2 just has too much hate for tobey and i can't respect your opinion at all....if you're looking for a love story like @MartyMcFly then this movie is for u, if you're looking for an action film when it comes to a comic book movie (like me) then i suggest u just wait to download it or pass completely.....oh and besides the gwen thing at the end pretty much everybody around me in the theater was disengaged as fuk in this movie :lolbron: , ppl laughing at how bad the dialogue was all throughout :russ:, chick behind me said it was the worst action movie ever during the funeral scene :wow: and when it was over the dude nxt to me asked his homeboy if he was tryna watch the xmen clip and ol dude was like "i'll youtube it, i just really wanna get the hell outta here right now" :pachaha:....i think im officially dun with webb's spiderman films :ehh:...i'll catch the nxt one with a download link :yeshrug:...i really hope godzilla is good cuz i took a serious L with this one :to:

lmao hilarious ass review. my heater was sorta like that 2, dude bought his daughters and was checcin his cell phone the whole time. alot of people were lol

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
Incredibly mediocre. I thought Garfield and Stone were great, their scenes were the best part of the movie.....and since it's a superhero film that's not really a good thing.

Electro was a TERRIBLE villain. Foxx wasn't very good, but he had nothing to work with. His motivation was essentially nonexistent and his plan, or whatever the fukk you want to call it, was ridiculous.

I didn't mind the Osborne/Goblin stuff, even though it was so rushed it felt like an accident.

Also, Gwen needed to be at the powergrid because "she's seen the specs and knows how to reset everything!"...then we see the control booth and theres a GIANT fukkING BUTTON THAT SAYS MASTER RESET. :snoop:

It was pretty obvious that most of the Parker legacy story was supposed to be in the first film...it was obvious then and now...and including it here just made an already cluttered movie even more so.

Once again, Webb and the writers manage to get Parker down pretty well, but butcher just about everything else in the movie. They can't help but to go for the corniest moment/song/line possible. It's just a shame.

5/10

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
No hate cuz I know u passionate ....but...

:comeon:

aye man I'm just saying. That's how it is. And you all read spider man so you know that's how it works. I'm not saying a love story, it could be ANYTHING dealing with Peter Parker...not just love but could be him just having issues paying for rent or getting a job etc

stopped reading right here. we dont go to a spider man movie 2 see a good love story, we go to see spiderman kick some fukking ass. we can read the comics for that bull shyt later

Fair enough breh but I'm not talking about it just being a love story I'm saying it can be anything involving Peter Parker. If that's why you go to see it that's cool, I feel you I'm not saying you can't get that I'm just saying that isn't how they're telling stories or how they've told the stories since 02 and not how Marvel comics have told the stories since the character was created.

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
People actually liked Electro? :mindblown:

"It's my birthday! Time to light my candles"

:camby:

King Crimson

Member of a very exclusive gang
Daps
Reppin
Bk/NY
I know this film will have it's haters, but fukk it. I loved it. I think it took a lot of what the first one did and improved on it. Loved Peter and Gwen's chemistry. Liked Electro and Green Goblin. And I especially liked the setup for the next installment. It's a personal favorite of mine already. Much better than the much beloved Spiderman 2. :ehh:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I know this film will have it's haters, but fukk it. I loved it. I think it took a lot of what the first one did and improved on it. Loved Peter and Gwen's chemistry. Liked Electro and Green Goblin. And I especially liked the setup for the next installment. It's a personal favorite of mine already. Much better than the much beloved Spiderman 2. :ehh:

Not saying I agree or disagree but a film critic I follow on Twitter said the same thing and he has his reasons why so what are yours? I'm not sure I can go there yet but I'm curious.

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
I didnt even go see this tonight bros. i feel ashamed. i might catch a matinee sometime this weekend... all the bad reviews killing my vibe.

-DMP-

HHR

Do what you love
Daps

The entire movie was a setup for the next installment, other than Gwen's arc. That's pretty much why I'm not a fan. Every studio wants to rush into their own MCU and nothing gets a chance to breathe on it's own.

And imo, this isn't HALF the movie that Spider-Man 2 is. The only thing this new franchise does better is the characteristics of Peter/Spidey.

King Crimson

Daps
Reppin
Bk/NY
Not saying I agree or disagree but a film critic I follow on Twitter said the same thing and he has his reasons why so what are yours? I'm not sure I can go there yet but I'm curious.
Some like to say that if you dislike S2, then you hate Tobey or Raimi. Not for me. I appreciated what Raimi was trying to do, and I found Tobey tolerable. I just didn't like Doc Ock as the villain. That's a surface criticism though. I feel as if Spiderman 2 struck a balance of being fun, yet thoughtful. I got a feel for the burden of Peter Parker. Maybe it's my own issues with my parents and the loss of loved ones, but I related to him. I found his and Gwen's relationship to be much better than Raimi's Peter and MJ. I will admit that Electro verged on corny, but he's a guy made of electricity... Kinda hard to do a character like that without bordering corny. He doesn't have the gravitas of a Joker, Bane or even General Zod. As for Goblin, while his coming together at the end was a bit convenient (him collapsing right next to the suit of armor made me chuckle), I do feel as if Dane Dehaan did a pretty good job, and I appreciate them not just copying Willem Defoe's Goblin. The emergence of a shady character helping Osborne plot his revenge setting up for the next movie was dope and I already can't wait...

Long story short, I can see why some people won't like it. It's not action packed. It's more of a character study into Pete and Gwen's relationship and the sub plot of Peter's parents can seem a bit much, but eh.As a huge and long time Spidey fan, I think it's a solid flick. Spiderman isn't Batman and Superman. He's a fukk up. He doesn't always know what to do or how to do it. He's an every-man with powers, really. That's my Spiderman though. :to:

King Crimson

Daps
Reppin
Bk/NY
The entire movie was a setup for the next installment, other than Gwen's arc. That's pretty much why I'm not a fan. Every studio wants to rush into their own MCU and nothing gets a chance to breathe on it's own.

And imo, this isn't HALF the movie that Spider-Man 2 is. The only thing this new franchise does better is the characteristics of Peter/Spidey.
Fair enough on the bold.

Agree to disagree with the italicized.

Agree with the underlined.

:salute: breh.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Some like to say that if you dislike S2, then you hate Tobey or Raimi. Not for me. I appreciated what Raimi was trying to do, and I found Tobey tolerable. I just didn't like Doc Ock as the villain. That's a surface criticism though. I feel as if Spiderman 2 struck a balance of being fun, yet thoughtful. I got a feel for the burden of Peter Parker. Maybe it's my own issues with my parents and the loss of loved ones, but I related to him. I found his and Gwen's relationship to be much better than Raimi's Peter and MJ. I will admit that Electro verged on corny, but he's a guy made of electricity... Kinda hard to do a character like that without bordering corny. He doesn't have the gravitas of a Joker, Bane or even General Zod. As for Goblin, while his coming together at the end was a bit convenient (him collapsing right next to the suit of armor made me chuckle), I do feel as if Dane Dehaan did a pretty good job, and I appreciate them not just copying Willem Defoe's Goblin. The emergence of a shady character helping Osborne plot his revenge setting up for the next movie was dope and I already can't wait...

Long story short, I can see why some people won't like it. It's not action packed. It's more of a character study into Pete and Gwen's relationship and the sub plot of Peter's parents can seem a bit much, but eh.As a huge and long time Spidey fan, I think it's a solid flick. Spiderman isn't Batman and Superman. He's a fukk up. He doesn't always know what to do or how to do it. He's an every-man with powers, really. That's my Spiderman though. :to:

I feel you on all of that but definitely the bolded. Most spider man flicks, at least 2, ASM and ASM 2 have been character studies disguised as comic book flicks and for me it works. Electro isn't much of a character to be honest so he needs to share screen time with someone else at least for me and I feel like he served his purpose. I'll agree with @HHR that there is a lot of world building and when you do that, it sacrifices story but for me, the main story was Peter and him learning to accept things, let go of things, and ultimately what would happen between he and Gwen and what impact that would have on him and that's how the comics work. The villains are normally background to whatever main issue is going on in his life. My one criticism of the film is that the tone took some getting used to and the screenplay didn't seem too sure of which direction it wanted to go in tonally a few times. And I wanted more time of Harry and Peter because you're telling me they're best friends but not really showing it. Luckily Dane and Andrew are dope actors so they were able to inform a lot of that relationship in the few scenes they had together.

And much like ASM, it's easier for me to get behind this movie because I can get behind Peter and what he's going through. Oh and he finally made jokes and I felt like I saw Spider-Man on film for once and not some mute who calls himself Spider-Man

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
upped...I just watched it.

Didn't really care for this movie tbh. I still think the first 2 tobey movies were better...Garfield just doesn't do it for me.

Movie was all over the place, but great special effects

3/5