First Amazing Spider-Man 2 Reviews In :lupe:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Only thing we can hope for is that ASM2 is a huge bomb. I mean HUGE bomb. Like 200-300 mil below expectations type bomb.

Then MAYBE Sony would consider selling the rights back.

But even then what the fukk could Marvel do with it? Reboot Spidey AGAIN?????

I got an idea....

No-Spider-Man-Crossover-with-The-Avengers.jpg

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Just came back from seeing it. I give it a 7.5/10. Not bad, but Cap 2 set the bar really high. It was a good/solid.

The clock tower scene had a nikka's heart pumping with the fight between Spidey and Green Goblin even though you knew what was gonna happen. shyt had a nikka on the edge of his seat. Emma Thompson is a cutey. Like her. Too bad she in the gangsta lean

TheFryingDutchman

Grad School is killing me:damn:
Daps
Saw it at 10 near my house. I liked it a lot more than the first. At frist i didnt like Harry(i thought he was too emo looking) but he stole the movie. He was the best actor imo. Im too tired to talk about what i didnt like(like the final scenes:beli: ), ill do that tomorrow. They really need JJ in the movie though.

ETA: You dont have to stay after the credits unless you want to see a X-Men clip:beli::beli::beli:.

Last edited:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I feel like Garfield gets both spiderman and parker perfectly.

Then again, I read the comic's.

Toby was a ok parker and a terrible spiderman.

I knew this movie wouldn't be more than a 7 for me after seeing cap.

I got a question about that, not just for you but anyone willing to answer: Can we compare comic book flicks to one another like that? Only reason I ask is because when I read Snyder's Batman, I don't compare it to Waid's Daredevil or Slott's Spider-Man or Hawkeye. What works for Batman doesn't necessarily work for Spider-Man or Hawkeye or this current incarnation of Daredevil and vice versa so wouldn't the same hold true for the movies?

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I got a question about that, not just for you but anyone willing to answer: Can we compare comic book flicks to one another like that? Only reason I ask is because when I read Snyder's Batman, I don't compare it to Waid's Daredevil or Slott's Spider-Man or Hawkeye. What works for Batman doesn't necessarily work for Spider-Man or Hawkeye or this current incarnation of Daredevil and vice versa so wouldn't the same hold true for the movies?

The thing about alot of the marvel movies is they make what's going on seem totally feasible in "real life" Avengers, cap, and Ironman. Even Thor (which comes off a bit cheesy and forced to me) is handled extremely well for a live action movie.

The x-men movies, spider-man movies, batman and super man movies just don't have that appeal. They all seem, very cheesy, very fake, some of them are really good but over all outside of spider-man I don't really feel anything for the characters (I'm a huge x-men fan)

I didn't like the 1st cap movie, it was a good movie, just not my cup of tea. Good acting good story and ok action scene's, again it came of pretty cheesy to me. Cap 2.... Blew me away, they put alot of detail into things that made the movie seem much more organic and realistic. IMO better than any comic movie before, but what also could play a part in that is how marvel has built up there movie world.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
The thing about alot of the marvel movies is they make what's going on seem totally feasible in "real life" Avengers, cap, and Ironman. Even Thor (which comes off a bit cheesy and forced to me) is handled extremely well for a live action movie.

The x-men movies, spider-man movies, batman and super man movies just don't have that appeal. They all seem, very cheesy, very fake, some of them are really good but over all outside of spider-man I don't really feel anything for the characters (I'm a huge x-men fan)

I didn't like the 1st cap movie, it was a good movie, just not my cup of tea. Good acting good story and ok action scene's, again it came of pretty cheesy to me. Cap 2.... Blew me away, they put alot of detail into things that made the movie seem much more organic and realistic. IMO better than any comic movie before, but what also could play a part in that is how marvel has built up there movie world.

Fair enough. I would argue that works well for Cap and Batman to an extent but X Men and Spider man don't have that luxury of being "real world" because the initial conceit of the characters isn't real. You have to believe in the world they inhabit so it's not that it could happen in the real world but that it could happen in the world they inhabit

Daps
Reppin
Yeah
Saw it last night

3.5/5

My girl have it a 4.5/5 :why:

This movie is clearly aimed towards women and kids.

after Gwen's death they should have ended the film with spidey being at the grave and seeing Gwen's dad in disgust one last time. Would have been more impactful IMO. I literally dropped half a point due to the last 6min of the film (rhino/kid, Harry in jail, aunt May pep talk,)

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Saw it last night

3.5/5

My girl have it a 4.5/5 :why:

This movie is clearly aimed towards women and kids.

after Gwen's death they should have ended the film with spidey being at the grave and seeing Gwen's dad in disgust one last time. Would have been more impactful IMO. I literally dropped half a point due to the last 6min of the film (rhino/kid, Harry in jail, aunt May pep talk,)

Yo man real spit.

Dennis Leary poppin up throughout the movie with that :rudy: face had me :laff: every time. Homie was on some "Didn't you promise me mufukka... :birdman:". Having Leary pop up while Peter staring at the grave would have had me rollin....can't even front.

But yeah, I heard the rumors they were gonna do the Gwen death scene from the comics, so when you saw Harry come through and swoop her ass up to the top of that clock tower, I was like :ohhh: they really gonna do one of the GOAT scenes in comics. I was on the edge of my seat the entire time, even though you knew the ending :to: