First Amazing Spider-Man 2 Reviews In :lupe:

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
Not surprised. The first one was garbage.

On another note, Spider Man 2 was on last night. shyt is still top 5 comic book movies of all time. And Spider Man is up there too. Why they had to reboot this franchise is beyond me. :snoop:

Spider Man 2 is a great movie because it had a great villian, great script, great director. It was good in spite of Tobey. He's just so lame. Tobey Maguire is not and nor will he ever be a better Spiderman than Andrew Garfield. If you can't see that you're crazy. You put Garfield in the first trilogy and its the GOAT because he personifies the character 100x better.

heisenburrr

Have Fun Staying Poor
Daps
Did I say I forgot how he became Spidey? :ld: Or did I insinuate that ten years is a long time and there is a whole generation out there who may have never seen the original Spider-Man? :lupe: I think it's the latter.

And by the original Steve Ditko design you mean the old outdated design

If you liked the pathetic excuse of a movie that was the first one you lost. Your movie opinion simply can't be trusted

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
If you liked the pathetic excuse of a movie that was the first one you lost. Your movie opinion simply can't be trusted
Do I care if you trust my movie opinion? Hmm

2003839490.gif

Nope

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Spider Man 2 is a great movie because it had a great villian, great script, great director. It was good in spite of Tobey. He's just so lame. Tobey Maguire is not and nor will he ever be a better Spiderman than Andrew Garfield. If you can't see that you're crazy. You put Garfield in the first trilogy and its the GOAT because he personifies the character 100x better.

:pachaha:No it doesn't. Garfield's Peter Parker/Spider-Man is a smug, annoying, unlikeable stuttering ass. Furthermore his Peter Parker and Spider-Man are the same character, in and out of the costume, there's no change in personality. That on it's own defeats one of the big purposes of having a secret identity :mjlol: .He's not supposed to be outright cocky when he's Peter. He's not supposed to treat Aunt May like :trash:. He's not supposed to already be rebellious. Everyone felt Peter's struggle in the 2002 movie and subsequent sequels because he was written to be a likeable character that you could get behind. We saw him and followed him putting in that work for his job, for his folks and for his girl.

Garfield's Spider-Man is nothing more than a punk.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
This bit from the wikipedia page for Spiderman says it best.

Spider-Man - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Spider-Man series broke ground by featuring Peter Parker, a teenage high school student and person behind Spider-Man's secret identity to whose "self-obsessions with rejection, inadequacy, and loneliness" young readers could relate.

If you prefer the Garfield version that's cool but there's no way you can make the argument that it is the more accurate representation of the character. He's too slick and too hip. I wasn't the biggest Tobey fan cause I felt he lacked charisma but at the end of the day his version of the character was more in tune with the real Peter Parker.

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
:pachaha:No it doesn't. Garfield's Peter Parker/Spider-Man is a smug, annoying, unlikeable stuttering ass. Furthermore his Peter Parker and Spider-Man are the same character, in and out of the costume, there's no change in personality. That on it's own defeats one of the big purposes of having a secret identity :mjlol: .He's not supposed to be outright cocky when he's Peter. He's not supposed to treat Aunt May like :trash:. He's not supposed to already be rebellious. Everyone felt Peter's struggle in the 2002 movie and subsequent sequels because he was written to be a likeable character that you could get behind. We saw him and followed him putting in that work for his job, for his folks and for his girl.

In this second film, they have Peter Parker acting more like Peter Parker. His aura of a$$holeness is tuned down until the ending fight.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
This bit from the wikipedia page for Spiderman says it best.

Spider-Man - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Spider-Man series broke ground by featuring Peter Parker, a teenage high school student and person behind Spider-Man's secret identity to whose "self-obsessions with rejection, inadequacy, and loneliness" young readers could relate.

If you prefer the Garfield version that's cool but there's no way you can make the argument that it is the more accurate representation of the character. He's too slick and too hip. I wasn't the biggest Tobey fan cause I felt he lacked charisma but at the end of the day his version of the character was more in tune with the real Peter Parker.

Here's where we'll disagree breh: Peter hasn't been like that since high school. Once he graduated he grew out of some of those issues but is still neurotic. He isn't obsessed with rejection because he has the girl he loves but he always feels inadequate and he copes with that through his humor. So while Tobey has parts of the character, he is great at portraying pre bite and high school peter. Once college comes, it's time to grow just like Peter did in the comics

Lakers Offseason

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

One of the reasons why Spider Man 1 and 2 were great because of how Tobey portrayed Parker :patrice:

The 3rd installment really fukked ya'll perception of Tobey as Peter. Whoever wrote that script was on drugs. He had him doing some emo shyt.

I will say that Garfield physically looks more like Peter from the comics.

Lakers Offseason

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Basically this ^^

Garfield's Parker reminded me too much of that fukking homo vampire Edward:mjlol:

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps
Here's where we'll disagree breh: Peter hasn't been like that since high school. Once he graduated he grew out of some of those issues but is still neurotic. He isn't obsessed with rejection because he has the girl he loves but he always feels inadequate and he copes with that through his humor. So while Tobey has parts of the character, he is great at portraying pre bite and high school peter. Once college comes, it's time to grow just like Peter did in the comics
Wasn't ASM Peter in Highschool.........in context, I prefer Tobey.......but you are spot on with the difference between H.S Parker and Out of H.S Parker

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
One of the reasons why Spider Man 1 and 2 were great because of how Tobey portrayed Parker :patrice:

The 3rd installment really fukked ya'll perception of Tobey as Peter. Whoever wrote that script was on drugs. He had him doing some emo shyt.

I will say that Garfield physically looks more like Peter from the comics.

Nah son. Yall can't pick and choose which movies yall want. The 3rd one applies too :mjlol:

I pick Andrew Garfield anyday :mjlol:

Last edited:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Wasn't ASM Peter in Highschool.........in context, I prefer Tobey.......but you are spot on with the difference between H.S Parker and Out of H.S Parker

Yeah I'm looking more down the line. In ASM his interpretation was different because emotionally his peter and Tobey's were coming from two different places but Tobey is the same peter in spider man 1and 2 that he is in the first and that's not cool to me at all. Peter will always have his geek tendencies but he isn't the shy quiet 16 year old forever. And the core of Peter has always been him being an outcast, not being the stereotypical nerd and ASM imagined him today what he would be like and as much as some fanboys don't want to admit it, Peter does have some a$$hole tendencies and characteristics lol. He isn't perfect. At times he is smug and over-confident especially when he's in a bad place emotionally and for most of that movie, he was.

Last edited:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
I saw it a few days ago.I just thank god I don't have to take my son to go see it(his mom is taking him to see it Saturday).

I fukked around and told him I saw it already and he got hyped the fukk up talking bout "Is it awesomely amazing, dad!!?...is it awesome?!!.. is it awesome?!! is it awesome?!!:gladbron:?"

:snoop: fukk you Spider-Man:pacspit:
jorlol.gif

Daps
Reppin
NYC

You make some fine points.

But Peter is still in high school in ASM :patrice: