First Amazing Spider-Man 2 Reviews In :lupe:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
You make some fine points.

But Peter is still in high school in ASM :patrice:

Yeah but that Peter and Tobey's Peter are coming from two different places. It sucks when you lose a parent and have to wonder why they left and what happened to them etc. It puts you in a tough spot emotionally. I lost my mom a few years ago and while I wasn't orphaned or anything like that, it definitely felt like it and it put me in a bad spot emotionally for a while. Just having your parents snatched from you like that sucks and I figure the younger you are, the bigger that chip remains on your shoulders until you find some way to get over it and ASM is all about Peter getting over it or beginning to get over it while also coming to really appreciate what he has in his aunt and uncle but he didn't realize all of that until the anger and sadness and hurt got out of his system and those are all traits Peter possesses. Look at how he reacted to MJ after Gwen died, he was an a$$hole to her. Yeah he said some true things but that didn't make him less of a dikk. Peter in the comics didn't come from that place emotionally because he was content with his aunt and uncle and they didn't explore his parents until much later down the line when he was already a grown man

Daps
Reppin
NYC
:whoa: My bad I didn't mean for you to go that deep with it. Sorry about your mother.

Only reason I made that statement was because someone else claimed Garfield was a more pure personification of the character than Tobey was and I happened to have disagreed.

But yes Garfield is definitely a "different" interpretation.

Personally I think he's pretty wack in the role though. :manny:

Lakers Offseason

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah son. Yall can't pick and choose which movies yall want. The 3rd one applies too :mjlol:

I pick Andrew Garfield anyday :mjlol:

Breh, you're looking at this the wrong way. This ain't Xbox One vs PS4. I'm not trying to stan one or the other. I really wanted the rebooted version to be great, but it sucks:manny:.

Like I said, Garlfield looks the part, but how they wrote his character is :trash:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
:whoa: My bad I didn't mean for you to go that deep with it. Sorry about your mother.

Only reason I made that statement was because someone else claimed Garfield was a more pure personification of the character than Tobey was and I happened to have disagreed.

But yes Garfield is definitely a "different" interpretation.

Personally I think he's pretty wack in the role though. :manny:

Lol it's cool breh. I think he's a better interpretation. Just suits Peter more with the version I have in my head and what I've read. Now if we're talking 1960s Pete sure go with Tobey but if we're talking 70s up until now, its Andrew. Especially if we're talking Ultimate Peter Parker or even Peter from any of the cartoons, Andrew is more inline with that. But everyone has their own opinion breh, we all love the character and that's really all that matters.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Tobey was a good Peter Parker but a shyt Spiderman

Garfield is a great Spiderman but a TERRIBLE Peter Parker

I suspect that when Marvel gets the rights back for Spiderman they will get it right.
Low key I'm more interested in seeing the new X-Men movie than this shyt

Shyt aint happening breh. Cats just need to stop saying it. It's Santa Claus at this point. And I disagree :pachaha:

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Only thing we can hope for is that ASM2 is a huge bomb. I mean HUGE bomb. Like 200-300 mil below expectations type bomb.

Then MAYBE Sony would consider selling the rights back.

But even then what the fukk could Marvel do with it? Reboot Spidey AGAIN?????

Skilltastrophy

Mizzou Mafia
Daps
Lol @ people defending Tobey...dude was okay in the first two...He was carried by other people's performances and great directing and two overall good movies...In 3 he was a complete buffoon and ruined his whole depiction of the character I can't even watch the first two anymore knowing that character will eventually become that disgusting nonsense from 3

I don't think Garfield's great...but the fact he hasn't completely destroyed the character's credibility puts him light years ahead of Tobey

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Lol @ people defending Tobey...dude was okay in the first two...He was carried by other people's performances and great directing and two overall good movies...In 3 he was a complete buffoon and ruined his whole depiction of the character I can't even watch the first two anymore knowing that character will eventually become that disgusting nonsense from 3

I don't think Garfield's great...but the fact he hasn't completely destroyed the character's credibility puts him light years ahead of Tobey

Geez and here I thought the reason most people don't like to watch Spiderman 3 is because it's a flaming pile of shyt.