Fire Pro Wrestling World officially announced (PC, PS4)

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Honestly, never got the hype around this one.

I played the one that was on GBA? Maybe it was GBA? I don't recall, but it was not that great.

You want me to get hype over a wrestling game.

Drop that THQ/AKI N64 style wrestling title with updated rosters
Yes give me that sluggish outdated wrestling style back:takedat:

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
Yes give me that sluggish outdated wrestling style back:takedat:

:picard:Harsh. I love the AKI games to bits, but I agree there are some ROUGH areas in those games :scust:. I played No Mercy sometime last week and while the game is :blessed:, folks forget how sluggish and a bit of a downgrade it was compared to the previous wrestling games (WM2K, VPW2, WCW/NWO games). Meanwhile, I can easily play Super Fire Pro and sit back like its a Saturday morning. The series is so timeless. The fact that you can just let it sim and the AI put on a better match than most indie wrestling promotions is crazy:dwillhuh:. For 19.99 you are getting a "how to be a wrestling booker" kit :banderas:

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
:picard:Harsh. I love the AKI games to bits, but I agree there are some ROUGH areas in those games :scust:. I played No Mercy sometime last week and while the game is :blessed:, folks forget how sluggish and a bit of a downgrade it was compared to the previous wrestling games (WM2K, VPW2, WCW/NWO games). Meanwhile, I can easily play Super Fire Pro and sit back like its a Saturday morning. The series is so timeless. The fact that you can just let it sim and the AI put on a better match than most indie wrestling promotions is crazy:dwillhuh:. For 19.99 you are getting a "how to be a wrestling booker" kit :banderas:
No mercy has great nostalgia but i can't make it past 3 matches with that game, and no amount of modding can make it better than the games now. FPW has always been a great franchise because it has so much freedom. I do wish that we could've gotten that WCW 2000 game that AKI had planned, but they wound up using the engine for Def Jam Vendetta.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
No mercy has great nostalgia but i can't make it past 3 matches with that game, and no amount of modding can make it better than the games now. FPW has always been a great franchise because it has so much freedom. I do wish that we could've gotten that WCW 2000 game that AKI had planned, but they wound up using the engine for Def Jam Vendetta.

Exactly. Folks forget how unfair the handicap matches were in No Mercy. Bad enough the control scheme was just all over the place. Fire Pro has this "easy but challenging" approach to the game. Its all about the timing and pacing ala professional wrestling. This alone makes the game GOAT:wow:.

smoove157

Never Ever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
There's a stamina button to regain energy if ur using an Xbox controller it's LB you'll notice the animation, it's key to hitting your moves more often than your opponent

good looking out on this. definitely needed that.

also figured out that the taunts are assigned to the right analog stick.

must have played like 10 matches last night

can you download different rings on the steam workshop?

Mr. Manhattan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
good looking out on this. definitely needed that.

also figured out that the taunts are assigned to the right analog stick.

must have played like 10 matches last night

can you download different rings on the steam workshop?

I've tried searching for different rings, but I don't think that feature has been released since it's still early access..
The full game should have the create an arena like the previous titles

llt23

All Star
Daps
Alright well can someone tell us why Fire pro gameplay is better than No Mercy? Im struggling to see it from vids.

Like I said earlier the gameplay seemed really really barebones. I dont wanna cop this just because of steam workshop (although obviously this is a huge selling point, i already subscribed to a ton of characters and I didnt cop yet).... Im not gonna be watching AI matches. Gonna be mostly playing with friends, and we all know the old n64 wrestling style and not this games style.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
Alright well can someone tell us why Fire pro gameplay is better than No Mercy? Im struggling to see it from vids.

Like I said earlier the gameplay seemed really really barebones. I dont wanna cop this just because of steam workshop (although obviously this is a huge selling point, i already subscribed to a ton of characters and I didnt cop yet).... Im not gonna be watching AI matches. Gonna be mostly playing with friends, and we all know the old n64 wrestling style and not this games style.

Ok I'll bite.

Think of Fire Pro as the NJPW of wrestling games. The story mode is more of fighting up the ranks to be the Ace of a promotion, the gameplay is more wrestling instead of an arcadey type of experience with the WWE games, and its more of a wrestling simulator. The game is not for everyone but the following is real. Dudes still creating wrestlers for Fire Pro Returns to this very day. The customization of the game is the strong point of the Fire Pro series. While No Mercy has mods (which seems like a pain in the ass to use), Fire Pro allows you to make your own promotion, your own wrestlers, your own stables, titles, and wrestling rings with logos.

I can't really stress how good this game is, so it's up to you to see for yourself. You can't go by footage and go "meh". If you were to try it, it would truly change your mind. Like I said before, it's not for everyone but I damn sure would pick FPW over No Mercy if I had to take a wrestling game with me on a island:wow:

llt23

All Star
Daps
Ok I'll bite.

Think of Fire Pro as the NJPW of wrestling games. The story mode is more of fighting up the ranks to be the Ace of a promotion, the gameplay is more wrestling instead of an arcadey type of experience with the WWE games, and its more of a wrestling simulator. The game is not for everyone but the following is real. Dudes still creating wrestlers for Fire Pro Returns to this very day. The customization of the game is the strong point of the Fire Pro series. While No Mercy has mods (which seems like a pain in the ass to use), Fire Pro allows you to make your own promotion, your own wrestlers, your own stables, titles, and wrestling rings with logos.

I can't really stress how good this game is, so it's up to you to see for yourself. You can't go by footage and go "meh". If you were to try it, it would truly change your mind. Like I said before, it's not for everyone but I damn sure would pick FPW over No Mercy if I had to take a wrestling game with me on a island:wow:

I get what your saying but It didnt really explain anything about the game play. If im tryna play with my friends, will we have fun? All I saw from footage is the grapple animation over and over leading to a move. Nothing else. Im not trolling or anything, I really want to know what makes the gameplay good cause the footage of the game doesnt show anything for me. I saw the diff match types and all that, thats all cool. But what makes it fun???

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
I get what your saying but It didnt really explain anything about the game play. If im tryna play with my friends, will we have fun? All I saw from footage is the grapple animation over and over leading to a move. Nothing else. Im not trolling or anything, I really want to know what makes the gameplay good cause the footage of the game doesnt show anything for me. I saw the diff match types and all that, thats all cool. But what makes it fun???

Let me put it this way...

If you are a wrestling head, it will click with you online. Imagine trying to pull off a springboard to the outside and actually catching your opponent. Imagine having tournaments online with your peers or leagues (later updates prayfully). Bottom line, the game is hard to describe unless you actually play it. I'm showing a bias because I been down for the series since the GBA games:wow:.

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
I been playing firepro since 95.... no mercy is nice, but Firepro is more alive than no mercy. The day firepro dropped on steam people had already made 600+ CAWs. That's how much people love this game. I can't even explain it, you just have to try it. I like No mercy too but Firepro will always be the OG wrestling game that all others have to strive to be.