Fire Emblem: Three Houses | Switch | Out Now

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
I thought dark units are often slow in a lot of games. I think it's due to them usually having higher attack power

That's traditionally true, that's why I don't usually use those units because they get doubled by everyone. I remember there being a few in some older ones that did have pretty good speed tho.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Just finished the chapter with the school ball/dance. Story starting to get really interesting:lupe:

Lorenz was too thirsty to be the house representative for the White Heron Cup:mjlol:

this nikka primed to be a GOAT-tier paladin/dark knight wasn’t NOBODY tryna see him reclass into a dancer:gucci::russ:
You're almost to part 2. It's probably a good idea to nab all the people you want in your party now.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Okay brehs. This is my first Fire Emblem game ever. Any tips? Never been big on strategy RPGs but don’t necessarily hate them.

All you need to know is the different triangles.

Swords beat Axes, Axes beats Lances, Lances beat Swords

Fire beats Wind, Wind beats Thunder, Thunder beats Fire.

Light Magic beats Dark Magic, Dark Magic beats Anima, Anima beats Light.

Physical weapon attack damage (might) is matched up with the defense stat. Magic damage is matched up with resistance.

Speed determines if you get to attack twice.

If youre struggling, start looking at the enemies stats to see what they are weak to.

In terms of fog tho, you should've known better. :mjlol:

I always make a circle with my strongest units on the outside and my weak ones on the inside and move together in fog. So if i do run into someone they attack the strongest dudes first.

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
First Fire Emblem game.

Combat is fun, but very easy. Playing on Hard Classic. Not very challenging at all. Only challenge is determining how to spread out the EXP and who to give killing blows to.

Still enjoying the shyt out of it, though. Game is very, very well made. Might take my party down to 7 members to make it a little more challenging.

Trying to up my Riding so I can get Petra in my party. Mercedes is OP.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Everyone playing Black Eagle should know this. No real story spoilers here but I'll spoiler the text anyway. At one point in chapter
11 the game will give you a choice that says it will alter the direction of the story. If you don't do what is requested of you then you are locked into what I would call route 4 of the game. If you do it you can later choose route 3. You will get a second choice to lock in route 3 or 4 but if you didn't do what was asked of you on the first choice you can't do route 3. If you did you can choose 3 or 4 at that point.
This is just good info to have playing that route. It happens suddenly.

El Cocodrilo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm Blue Lions, just got done mollywhopping the Yellow and Red twerps in the Battle of the Lion and Eagle whatever chapter that is

So far I picked up Catherine, Manuela, Shamir and recruited Petra so far cause I got a soft spot for thick puerto ricans :takedat:

Been trying to scoop up Lysithea but maybe I need Raphael more since I got plenty of long range attackers already:jbhmm:

It's def been my favorite Fire Emblem so far... only way it won't go down as the best is if the ending is anticlimactic.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I'm Blue Lions, just got done mollywhopping the Yellow and Red twerps in the Battle of the Lion and Eagle whatever chapter that is

So far I picked up Catherine, Manuela, Shamir and recruited Petra so far cause I got a soft spot for thick puerto ricans :takedat:

Been trying to scoop up Lysithea but maybe I need Raphael more since I got plenty of long range attackers already:jbhmm:

It's def been my favorite Fire Emblem so far... only way it won't go down as the best is if the ending is anticlimactic.
Shamir saved my ass in chapter 12. She's the only person I recruited outside of the originals I was given.

El Cocodrilo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Shamir saved my ass in chapter 12. She's the only person I recruited outside of the originals I was given.

I got Felix and Ashe set up as archers so I'm fine without Shamir but she gives me that extra boost to my long range attack capabilities

And I like her character and design :ehh:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
First Fire Emblem game.

Combat is fun, but very easy. Playing on Hard Classic. Not very challenging at all. Only challenge is determining how to spread out the EXP and who to give killing blows to.

Still enjoying the shyt out of it, though. Game is very, very well made. Might take my party down to 7 members to make it a little more challenging.

Trying to up my Riding so I can get Petra in my party. Mercedes is OP.

It gets tough pretty quickly. The paralogues are tougher than the story missions

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
It gets tough pretty quickly. The paralogues are tougher than the story missions

Forreal you’ll feel good blowing through the story missions then those paralogs will humble your ass with the quickness. They’re not like “side quests” in other games, they legit take me a lot longer to finish due to the tricky terrain & setups.

Seteth/Flayns wasn’t too hard but it took me forever to finish due to the terrain layout. The sothis one had me restart my game a few times yesterday tho, and I was leveled higher than the requirement:beli:

Catherine is goddamn powerhouse tho. Never use her in the story missions but she’s pretty much a must have for any paralog with giant monsters