Fire Emblem Engage (January 20, 2023)

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
This is true, but for most people also false.

I'm actually shocked at how many people only completed one classes campaign or two max.

Most people don't even have a full picture of how great the story actually is.

If they looked at those numbers and they can see that only 50 something percent finished 2 and even less all 3 while 90 percent finished at least one.

I can see them being like yeah don't even worry about the POV world building and story telling.
That’s their fault for breaking the story up so much between like 4 paths. Same deal with Triangle Strategy. The game requires too many replays and it’s too long for most people. I played 3 Houses twice and YouTubed the stuff I missed. I played Triangle Strategy 1 full playthrough and stalled on the second.

Many people aren’t really interested in replaying a game multiple times in succession.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
It’d be better if like 2 of the paths weren’t nearly identical. I wasted all my play through and didn’t get around to doing the Blue Lions or the DLC stuff.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It’d be better if like 2 of the paths weren’t nearly identical. I wasted all my play through and didn’t get around to doing the Blue Lions or the DLC stuff.
Don't tell me this and then turn around and tell me you play persona 5 more than once

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Sounds like it’s back to normal Fire Emblem. Mediocre at best story and great tactical battles. Lots of Three Houses fans that just jumped in at that game gonna be let down. Three Houses had an unusually good story for a Fire Emblem game.
FE's hit or miss with story like DQ

Not including 3H, FE4, 5, 7, 9 and 10 in particular had good stories. I wasn't a super fan of the awakening and the other 3DS games story

They hit often enough at a decent enough rate to call most of their stories mediocre, you talkin about it like its pokemon

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That’s their fault for breaking the story up so much between like 4 paths. Same deal with Triangle Strategy. The game requires too many replays and it’s too long for most people. I played 3 Houses twice and YouTubed the stuff I missed. I played Triangle Strategy 1 full playthrough and stalled on the second.

Many people aren’t really interested in replaying a game multiple times in succession.

I'm just saying three houses fans that jumped in there, Most didn't even finish the story completely. So it doesn't matter.

The only thing they messed up with is not having a suggested order playthrough with 3 houses

Black eagles should not be played 1st... And that's who most people pick 1st

Imo Blue lions, black eagle, Golden deer or Golden deer blue Lion, black eagle.

Playing black eagle 1st, is like playing the game with massive story spoilers

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Sounds like it’s back to normal Fire Emblem. Mediocre at best story and great tactical battles. Lots of Three Houses fans that just jumped in at that game gonna be let down. Three Houses had an unusually good story for a Fire Emblem game.
Three Houses itself had great characters and that itself was its strongest point. All 3 of the house leaders were great and fleshed out. Anyone who played the church route can easily notice how awful Byleth is. Game would be better if you could choose one of the house leaders to play as instead of having Byleth. One sided conversations really ruined a lot of support conversations. The best support conversations minus maybe Hapi's S-support were ones Byleth wasn't a part of.

One issue to bring up the story wasn't finished as there is so many hanging threads in every route. That is a major con in respect to the story. Still top tier characters imo.

Biggest question mark for me is Engage's cast. Since Alear is front and center. Also I hope they handle Alear similar to Shez from 3 Hopes rather then be completely silent like Byleth. Imo Shez is great, while Byleth is awful like I said before.

SmoothOperator88

Your friendly neighborhood coli poster
Daps
Reppin
NJ/BK
I just saw that the team that worked on Engage was a completely separate team that worked on Three Houses. At least from a leadership standpoint.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Bruh....I played about an hour......man. These games have come a long way from Path of Radiance mature themes. I thought the second half of 3 houses meant we were getting a more gritter type shyt. They went the complete other way.
Damn, this is disappointing to read since I haven't jumped in yet

It's unfortunate because if they put out a PoR style FE game out it would flop, they are appealing to a different audience now that it's a legit mainstream series now

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Bruh....I played about an hour......man. These games have come a long way from Path of Radiance mature themes. I thought the second half of 3 houses meant we were getting a more gritter type shyt. They went the complete other way.

This was my biggest concern (tm) with this. I loved the darker themes of 3 houses, thats the type of anime i like.