Fire Emblem Engage (January 20, 2023)

Styles

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The H
Chapter 17 is fukking insane. Got me ina mix on what to do. Got my first game over and that was after I put like 2 hours into it.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
Is this made by the same people who did Xenoblade?

I watched a review video earlier and it looked similar :ohhh:

Looks fire but I never played a tactical RPG before. :jbhmm:

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
After playing Tactics Orge Reborn almost daily since its release, fire emblem is so basic. I played a little bit of this and went back.

:sadbron: That shyt spoiled me. It wasn't terrible or anything, it's just that tactics orge is such a deep game. I haven't gotten my fill of it and can't appreciate this game yet. I have to burn out first on the former, maybe play something else for a break, and then get into this.

Last edited:

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Pretty deep into the story now this is pure flames :wow:

This is my 5th FE game I've played Awakening, Fates: Birthright, Fates: Revelations, and Three Houses. I feel like this is the most fun I've had with pure gameplay out of all titles. The UI is clean and easy to view all the info you need, inventory management is much less tedious, and pairing the best rings with units and experimenting with build ideas is really fun. Once you have a bunch of advanced units and several emblem rings the combinations and possibilities are crazy. I think the engage mechanic is my favorite gimmick they've had out of those games. Combat Arts and Battalions from Three Houses seem silly in comparison

Also the difficulty is definitely ramped up from Three Houses. You get a ton of tools at your disposal but you still have those battles with multiple turns where you're like "how tf am I gonna survive this?:sadcam:". The weapon triangle, chain attacks, and "Breaking" helps balance things out so even your most OP units will have some kind of weakness or can be taken down if you aren't smart with their positioning.

All in all, if you like FE or turn-based strategy, this is a must play :manny:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Pretty deep into the story now this is pure flames :wow:

This is my 5th FE game I've played Awakening, Fates: Birthright, Fates: Revelations, and Three Houses. I feel like this is the most fun I've had with pure gameplay out of all titles. The UI is clean and easy to view all the info you need, inventory management is much less tedious, and pairing the best rings with units and experimenting with build ideas is really fun. Once you have a bunch of advanced units and several emblem rings the combinations and possibilities are crazy. I think the engage mechanic is my favorite gimmick they've had out of those games. Combat Arts and Battalions from Three Houses seem silly in comparison

Also the difficulty is definitely ramped up from Three Houses. You get a ton of tools at your disposal but you still have those battles with multiple turns where you're like "how tf am I gonna survive this?:sadcam:". The weapon triangle, chain attacks, and "Breaking" helps balance things out so even your most OP units will have some kind of weakness or can be taken down if you aren't smart with their positioning.

I'll give it a shot eventually. Can't be trusting everybody out here

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I'll give it a shot eventually. Can't be trusting everybody out here

You mean to tell me my word ain’t triple OG arcadium certified?
james-franco-what.gif

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Pretty deep into the story now this is pure flames:wow:

We playing different games? I'm on Chapter 18 and the story is trash lol. It's awakenings story without the time travel. Fell dragon and all that shyt.

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
We playing different games? I'm on Chapter 18 and the story is trash lol. It's awakenings story without the time travel. Fell dragon and all that shyt.

The story itself isn’t amazing, but the gameplay is as sharp as ever IMO. The more difficult story battles and paralogs are really fun to get through

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The story itself isn’t amazing, but the gameplay is as sharp as ever IMO. The more difficult story battles and paralogs are really fun to get through

Is it though? I dunno man. This game is mid for Fire Emblem game...although looking back maybe I give the franchise too much credit. 3 Houses/POR/RD are exceptions to the rule. There is a lot of mid in that catalogue.

ReggieFlare

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#ITGang
Only on Chapter 7 but I’m already enjoying the combat way more than 3H :ehh:

To be fair I never really cared much for the story in Fire Emblem games so this is right up my alley. The superhero shyt with the emblems is fun IMO lol

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Fully agree. It ain't it. Again, it's good for a first timer to the series. I might get this for my little cousin who liked the mario + rabbids and xcom games, he never played a FE so this would probably be right up his alley.

I don't think gameplay alone can carry a FE, the story has to be a good hook, or else you'll find yourself wanting to play the countless other strategy RPGs out there that do provide a good one.