Fire Emblem Engage (January 20, 2023)

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
On chapter 5 and a nikka just warped acrossed the map and obliterated a thief with an anime limit break :dwillhuh:

@42 Monks right, this shyt is NOT classic fire emblem

It's fun tho
classic fire emblem is holding a chokepoint far longer than you have any right to while cycling units around it because there's only a finite amount of experience available in the *entire* game

this?

1j8r3u1.gif

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
On chapter 10 now

This is probably a good entry point for people who aren't into FE or even strategy games, this would be a fun introductory game. But for people are seasoned players, this is weak. It reminds me of that DB heroes show that they have, a bunch of fanfiction what if scenarios which is cool for lil kids or people who don't really watch DB.

I might not even finish this, unlike other games I don't feel like I'm building a worthwhile army, the characters don't feel like they have real personalities, just tropes sticked onto a character model, and there's not that much strategy going on.

This game just makes me want to replay older games to get that "pure" experience. I feel like a fukking fossil playing this game. :flabbynsick:

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
On chapter 10 now

This is probably a good entry point for people who aren't into FE or even strategy games, this would be a fun introductory game. But for people are seasoned players, this is weak. It reminds me of that DB heroes show that they have, a bunch of fanfiction what if scenarios which is cool for lil kids or people who don't really watch DB.

I might not even finish this, unlike other games I don't feel like I'm building a worthwhile army, the characters don't feel like they have real personalities, just tropes sticked onto a character model, and there's not that much strategy going on.

This game just makes me want to replay older games to get that "pure" experience. I feel like a fukking fossil playing this game. :flabbynsick:

What difficulty are you on? I’m not too far ahead of you chapter-wise and playing on hard has been really fun. Much harder than Three Houses for sure. I’ve restarted multiple battles after like a third of the way in because I realized I was bout to get bodied down the line:russ:

Honestly I like the engage mechanic more than battalions in 3H or the unit-pairing in Awakening/Fates. I feel like this game tows a pretty good line of risk/reward in battle

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
What difficulty are you on? I’m not too far ahead of you chapter-wise and playing on hard has been really fun. Much harder than Three Houses for sure. I’ve restarted multiple battles after like a third of the way in because I realized I was bout to get bodied down the line:russ:

Honestly I like the engage mechanic more than battalions in 3H or the unit-pairing in Awakening/Fates. I feel like this game tows a pretty good line of risk/reward in battle
Hard/Classic

Don't get me wrong, the game isn't easy like I'm not bodying everything, but it's not very strategic. With FE I'm at a point where I'll never lose a unit if I play it safe, I only lose units if I take excessive risks, like if I try to catch a thief thats taking chests or try to recruit a unit. In other FEs if you don't account for certain situations or dont train up certain units for those situations, you're fukkED or at least can't handle them without taking some losses.

This game isn't super strategic to me because the engage system overpowers that. By the time you get celica you can end missions in 3 turns or less. Warp ragnarok is a mockery of FE. It's fun as hell tho

Negro Caesar

Superstar
Daps
Hard/Classic

Don't get me wrong, the game isn't easy like I'm not bodying everything, but it's not very strategic. With FE I'm at a point where I'll never lose a unit if I play it safe, I only lose units if I take excessive risks, like if I try to catch a thief thats taking chests or try to recruit a unit. In other FEs if you don't account for certain situations or dont train up certain units for those situations, you're fukkED or at least can't handle them without taking some losses.

This game isn't super strategic to me because the engage system overpowers that. By the time you get celica you can end missions in 3 turns or less. Warp ragnarok is a mockery of FE. It's fun as hell tho
So should I get this or 3H. I beat triangle strategy and enjoyed it a lot. Are there any other games of the type that you would recommend.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
So should I get this or 3H. I beat triangle strategy and enjoyed it a lot. Are there any other games of the type that you would recommend.
3H is a much better game but its slower paced than this. If that doesn't bother you, play it. If you want a game that's quicker to get into then maybe get this, but when you play it, just know that it's nothing like other games in the series.

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
3H is a much better game but its slower paced than this. If that doesn't bother you, play it. If you want a game that's quicker to get into then maybe get this, but when you play it, just know that it's nothing like other games in the series.
Eh I think 3 houses is more the exception than anything else. This is like one of their DS games like awakening ported on console. 3 houses was some next shyt that was a return to form of the Tellius series. This shyt is unfortunately more the norm from them recently.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Eh I think 3 houses is more the exception than anything else. This is like one of their DS games like awakening ported on console. 3 houses was some next shyt that was a return to form of the Tellius series. This shyt is unfortunately more the norm from them recently.
Outside of the missing weapon triangle (which basically not in this), I can't think of anything in 3 houses combat wise that isn't natively FE

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
classic fire emblem is holding a chokepoint far longer than you have any right to while cycling units around it because there's only a finite amount of experience available in the *entire* game

this?

1j8r3u1.gif

This. Having the boss one one hp but going around to kill other units while the boss ko's your fodder units so you can maximize exp.

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Outside of the missing weapon triangle (which basically not in this), I can't think of anything in 3 houses combat wise that isn't natively FE

I was talking more narratively. Game play wise you right it is hard to compare this to other FE because you basically have these power ranger transformations that warp the game.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
I was talking more narratively. Game play wise you right it is hard to compare this to other FE because you basically have these power ranger transformations that warp the game.
Narratively, I guess?

But people really sleeping on PoR/RD and FE4/5's narratives which did the time skip and darker tones, just in a 2 game format. The school element is only thing 3H did that was new to FE. Hell, other games even have the branching story paths, in FE7 you pick between 3 protags and the story is different depending on which you chose.

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Narratively, I guess?

But people really sleeping on PoR/RD and FE4/5's narratives which did the time skip and darker tones, just in a 2 game format. The school element is only thing 3H did that was new to FE. Hell, other games even have the branching story paths, in FE7 you pick between 3 protags and the story is different depending on which you chose.

I know 3 Houses is the one since Tellius(PoR/RD) to be a bit darker and not as whacky/animeish

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

This...hard is a decent challenge mainly due to the sheer number of units they throw at you which they have to do because you can transform into a superhero and shyt. I dunno how I feel about that Emblem shyt and regardless this needs to not be a thing going forward. I'm fine with in-game transformations to some extent but cmon. It seems like they nipped that 3rd class evolution because of the Emblem system too. Not a fan. You pretty much promote once and you can change classes to essentially side grades after that.