Fire Emblem Engage (January 20, 2023)

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
I was a fan of FE before 3H and liked what 3H (and awakening) brought to the table but I understand that that's NOT the spirit of FE.

FE was strategy rpg first with decent but mostly out of the way social/sim elements before awakening. If the combat is much better and the strategy is back then I'll like this more than 3H for sure.

I just hate the protagonist design

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County

Ah, a man of culture. :banderas:

FE4 is the GOAT. If you haven't played it as a FE fan, do yourself a favor. It transcends time similar to how FE6 and Chrono Trigger does.

Three of the best games ever made from that early gaming era.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I feel like I got the best of everything with three houses playing it on classic mode and eventually madding mode.

However a lot of my hardcore fire emblem friends didn't like 3H.

I actually feel like this game will be a regression of the series overall, but hey I respect them making something for the old fans of the series.... Even down to seeing and playing with old favorites.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Side bar, I expect the next game to potentially go even more left field. Maybe even something similar to Diofield Chronicles.

I personally would just want something like 3H but with the weapon triangle back.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Sounds like it’s back to normal Fire Emblem. Mediocre at best story and great tactical battles. Lots of Three Houses fans that just jumped in at that game gonna be let down. Three Houses had an unusually good story for a Fire Emblem game.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Sounds like it’s back to normal Fire Emblem. Mediocre at best story and great tactical battles. Lots of Three Houses fans that just jumped in at that game gonna be let down. Three Houses had an unusually good story for a Fire Emblem game.

As someone who loves three houses im conflicted :lupe:

FmsqwNAaEAAKK46

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This is true, but for most people also false.

I'm actually shocked at how many people only completed one classes campaign or two max.

Most people don't even have a full picture of how great the story actually is.

If they looked at those numbers and they can see that only 50 something percent finished 2 and even less all 3 while 90 percent finished at least one.

I can see them being like yeah don't even worry about the POV world building and story telling.