Finally watching The Shield in 2019...

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Which is a shame cos I love the raw grittiness of the show. It makes Los Angeles look like hell on earth, but it's a wild rollercoaster from the beginning right until the end and didn't have one bad season. fukk a build up where you have to wait six episodes for shyt to get real, it just pushes you right into it.

I really wish I was watching it for the first time and didn't know what happens next.

One of the coldest opening to a series. Main character just shoots a cop in the face and the audience is tricked into rooting for him for damn near the entire run of the show :wow:

Daps
One of the coldest opening to a series. Main character just shoots a cop in the face and the audience is tricked into rooting for him for damn near the entire run of the show :wow:

I wasnt tricked. I knew who and what Vic was the whole time.

As I told my little brother once, the thing that makes this show so special is the fact that Vic Mackey is the big bad. Every season there's a bad guy foe for him, but they never win because no matter how bad they are, Vic is a bigger bad.

:wow:

Just started watching season 1. They just had to make the corny Black cop gay :stopitslime:

Yeah I hate that fakkit. Both on the show and in real life.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
I wasnt tricked. I knew who and what Vic was the whole time.

As I told my little brother once, the thing that makes this show so special is the fact that Vic Mackey is the big bad. Every season there's a bad guy foe for him, but they never win because no matter how bad they are, Vic is a bigger bad.

:wow:

I didn't know any better, breh. I was a sophomore in high school when I started watching. Me and the homies thought dude was an anti-hero when he really was a villain protagonist, we were distracted by our hate for Shane and some of the :hhh: characters like the serial killers, pedos and rapists that came through. It wasn't until Kavanaugh's famous rant I went :ohhh: We rooting for a piece of shyt.

Last edited:

Cole Cash

They took a hammer and sickle to my back
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore Maryland
what i dont understand is how people credit kurt sutter with so much when shawn ryan had an EXCELLENT series the chicago code that was well written and procedural, kurt sutter contributed to all that wild fukkery and it was unhinged in SOA. Shawn Ryan kept that bullshyt that Sutter was doing together

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
I have never seen this show but people always talk about the main dude’s character being one of the GOAT scumbags. I need something to watch tonight. Might dive in

You looking at experiencing he greatest series finale of all time. Those last few episodes are next level

DSA15

Pro
Daps
Man I hated that for Ronnie.

Vic hit him with the "new phone who dis" :russ:

Had to type Shakespeare essays on the daily in a cubicle as punishment :mjlol:

One of the GOAT scumbags and one of the GOAT shows

When Vic was putting those pictures on his desk at the end he only had the picture of Lem and himself together. Not having a picture of Shane I understood, but no pictures of Ronnie (even if Vic fukked him over) was evil. Ronnie had his back until the very end and that’s how Vic did him in. I always thought that was so fukked up.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
show didn’t stand the test of time imo...tried watching it again recently and was bored...to be fair the element of any surprise is completely gone so maybe that’s a prime factor although there are a lot of other shows I can easily rewatch

great for its time tho

seems like I’m probably the only one who doesn’t care that ronnie got fukked figuratively and probably literally...dirty cop in prison

:mjlol:

damn shame they couldn’t get mackie too tho

Daps
just finished. and the scene in the barn :mjlol:

“ronnie you’re under arrest:sitdown:

“for what? :wtf:

“the last three years :dahell:

:laff:

Mans was mad too :russ:

Dude got the hell beat out of him and half his face burned off and he was pretty much :yeshrug: about it

But after vic betrayed him, dude was going off :damn:

I didn't know he had it in him :ohhh: