Finally watching The Shield in 2019...

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
:francis: TV is dramatic, breh. There's a lot of unrealistic shows considered classics. The Shield maintains it's entertaining fukkery for 7 seasons straight without a fall off, shows that have shorter runs can't even manage that. Where brehs complain about season 2 or 5 of The Wire being trash the most you'd hear about The Shield is how annoying Vic's wife is. :dead:
That's because one is grounded in reality where you need and have to show the connect and how the drugs keep coming in... And the other... Just keep more fukkery going, no matter how far fetched...

It's like comparing Catherine to Game of Thrones... Well yea it's a lot easier to make a show when you can throw in magic and dragons whenever you want

the last season of game of thrones was garbage

and season 2 of the wire was great.
Complete and utter trash... To the point that nobody even mentions the entire show at all anymore, except to tell other people not to watch it.... Because they started making the specticle/fukkery the main focus and forgot about the character development and plotline.

Meanwhile The Wire is still lauded as one of the greatest shows of all time for always maintaining those details

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
tenor.gif
It’s an under-appreciated season. A lot slower from the previous, but far from garbage.

///Vega+++

All Star
Daps
The Shield is up there with Breaking Bad with the fact it just kept getting better and better as the story progressed
Very few shows reached the levels of tension of the Shield offered. That fight racist cac Shane had with the breh cop(sorry forgot his name) in his house had me on the edge back then. Walter Goggins was a bit too good in that role :patrice:
Great and immensely underrated show anyhow

The dude that plays Julian the gay black cop had a short role in Southland as well playing a love interest of Regina King
I was baffled to read few months later dude killed his wife in cold blood

Daps
I been rewatching this hard to ignore how racist this show can be and the caricatures of the minority community. Forgot Michael Pena was in this lol

Yeah all the shows of that era were racist but it really just captured the truth. White police are racists. Shane was a racist, so was Vic but to a lesser extent than Shane. Vic was a civilized racist. The only one of the strike team that seemed to be cool with brothas was Lem and they even had an episode where he had some brothas lined against the wall and he hauled off and kicked one of them in the crotch. :francis:

Now that I think about it, I don't recall Ronnie having any racist moments :jbhmm:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Yeah all the shows of that era were racist but it really just captured the truth. White police are racists. Shane was a racist, so was Vic but to a lesser extent than Shane. Vic was a civilized racist. The only one of the strike team that seemed to be cool with brothas was Lem and they even had an episode where he had some brothas lined against the wall and he hauled off and kicked one of them in the crotch. :francis:

Now that I think about it, I don't recall Ronnie having any racist moments :jbhmm:

I don't remember any :mjpls: scenes with Ronnie but it's implied he's probably been the most ruthless strike team member after Vic when he told Vic that he should have brought him in on Terry's murder plot instead of Shane. The only time he's shown to have some humanity is when it's towards the strike team.

Daps
I don't remember any :mjpls: scenes with Ronnie but it's implied he's probably been the most ruthless strike team member after Vic when he told Vic that he should have brought him in on Terry's murder plot instead of Shane. The only time he's shown to have some humanity is when it's towards the strike team.

I always thought he said that out of loyalty to Vic than anything. :patrice:

But you could be right :manny:

Daps
He didn't even express shock when he find out Vic clapped Terry though :picard:

That shyt even sent Shane's racist dirty ass down a spiral.

This is true but I think by that point, they had done so much dirt that it was kinda like :manny:

Plus he said that he kinda figured how it went down anyway. You gotta remember, he was there for all the internal affairs investigations and all of that... so at some point he had to put 2 and 2 together and realize what happened.

By the time Vic told him, he didn't react cause he had figured it out by then.

Cave Savage

Feminist
Daps
Reppin
Women's rights

Ronnie used a couple of "milder" racial slurs but he was definitely not portrayed as a massive racist like Shane

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
my laptop shyt the bed after i made this post and then i forgot about it

just now starting season 1 :russ:

i wasnt expecting the end of that first episode. :picard: this dude vic is grimy

Man that’s the tip of the iceberg and you have no idea

Cloutius Maximus

with the aid of the Funk...
Daps
Reppin
Altadena, California
finished the first season and about 3 episodes into season 2. It's dope seeing a show that was actually filmed in LA and not Toronto or Atlanta. As a LA resident, I keep seeing locations like "oh shyt i know where that is!"

Of course the black male cop is gay :mjlol: Wait hol up...the actor killed his wife in real life? :picard: wowwwwwwww. His wife was a track star from Hawthorne. This dude really said "You like to run so much, why don’t you try running to heaven?" Wow. And I thought Vic was a scumbag.

Claudette and Dutch are my favorite characters so far. Claudette getting in Vic's ass over his fukkery. Lowkey all the white female characters are annoying: black breh's partner thats fukkin Vic (she always in her feelings about something), vic's wife, this lady doing the auditing in season 2.

Tio is the only black hood character that isn't written as a buffoon. The latino hood characters are kinda 2 dimensional so far too, but i'm sure that will get better in the later seasons.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
ATL paid.. Cali blazed
finished the first season and about 3 episodes into season 2. It's dope seeing a show that was actually filmed in LA and not Toronto or Atlanta. As a LA resident, I keep seeing locations like "oh shyt i know where that is!"

Of course the black male cop is gay :mjlol: Wait hol up...the actor killed his wife in real life? :picard: wowwwwwwww. His wife was a track star from Hawthorne. This dude really said "You like to run so much, why don’t you try running to heaven?" Wow. And I thought Vic was a scumbag.

Claudette and Dutch are my favorite characters so far. Claudette getting in Vic's ass over his fukkery. Lowkey all the white female characters are annoying: black breh's partner thats fukkin Vic (she always in her feelings about something), vic's wife, this lady doing the auditing in season 2.

Tio is the only black hood character that isn't written as a buffoon. The latino hood characters are kinda 2 dimensional so far too, but i'm sure that will get better in the later seasons.
I binged tha fucc outta this show last year because of this thread and you haven't even finished it :laff::laff::laff::laff: u did rite though after I watched all the episodes I was kinda mad I finished em so fast thats a crazy ass show.. Neva knew blk dude did his wife like that in real life shyt sad but I always thought his demeanor was off in the show I saw thru tha actin