[FINAL NUMBERS] Adele sells 3.3 Million.... [SPOOKY]

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
Adele_19.jpg

maybe columbia got in on the stateside release thats why, this what my sis one looked like

edit: n the back cover

41tuG3YydNL.jpg
Check the edit, she signed to Columbia in June 2008 per wikipedia.

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
The only way to really take something for the Rap lane; :rudy: market your music to people who buy albums.

Too bad our "culture" is a joke to Mainstream America (see Justin Beiber heel to baby face turn

• Dap
Reactions: Meh

DaveyDave

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Australia
This has to count digital sales as well? No way she sold more than NSYNC back in the hey day of music sales.

blackzeus

Superstar
Daps
Why is she so marketable? What draws so many people to buying her music?

Even Taylor Swift ain't selling these many records.

She's Aretha Franklin/Billie Holiday but in a white woman's body. Just wait until they recreate a white Michael Jackson. He will sell a billion records every time he drops :heh:

blackzeus

Superstar
Daps
There's plenty of white singers that aren't popular at all. Sure it's an advantage but if just being white got you 3.3 million first week sales then there'd be a lot more white people selling. Clearly she has an intangibles people like and she crosses all age and race barriers. Everyone loves her from the most gangsta nikkas I know to fukking teeny boopers. Never once did I say it's not a factor but it's not why she sales so much. People love her. She's not marketed crazy, she's never in the news, so you can't act like she's pushed down our throats because she isn't. She doesn't even do interviews like that. Only time she's talked about is when her music is about to drop. Most people who buy her music don't even know what her talking voice sounds like because she's so out of the limelight

I'm just tired of nikkas using the "Oh she's white that's why she sales" card, as if that explains 3.3 million first week sales, and 30 million world wide sales on her last album. Clearly it's way more than that.

North Philly, southside Chi, and Watts is bumpin' Adele? :laff:

ThiefyPoo

Trill
Supporter
Daps
:deadrose:

Y'all the biggest hater I've ever encountered the bish can fukking sing goodness .

She puts put quality music :smh:

Adele voice is fukking beautiful and the emotions she evokes are just :mjcry:

bytch will have you thinking about your ex's :mjcry:

Why can't people just make good music without it being something behind it .

She has the industry behind her because her music is good .

adele live is just :wow:

LezJepzin

We Wavy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
50East/Sacramento, CA
Why is she so marketable? What draws so many people to buying her music?

Even Taylor Swift ain't selling these many records.

She knows how not to oversaturate herself. Know any of her endorsements? She knows her fanbase really well and doesn't hype herself through other outlets other than the mention of her next album is coming up. :wow:

This is still impressive no matter how you look at it.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
Worst part about all this is this album is a dud compared to her other two. I think she has INCREDIBLE vocal ability but I always believed Amy Wine was much better and deserves her shine. May god rest her soul.

Forget Amy,

In 2008, if you told someone Adele was gonna be bigger than Leona Lewis, you woulda got clowned. You wanna talk a machine? Leona Lewis was geared to be the UK Mariah Carey and it looked like she was headed in that direction, and then shyt happened.

ThiefyPoo

Trill
Supporter
Daps
Worst part about all this is this album is a dud compared to her other two. I think she has INCREDIBLE vocal ability but I always believed Amy Wine was much better and deserves her shine. May god rest her soul.
yea amy was far more talented but i think this dele album was still very solid .

Rawster

Relax Baby
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
La Perla
She can sing. But if you can't see the bullshyt here then you're seeing the world thru rose tinted glasses.

Adele is literally a less talented Jill Scott repackaged for white mainstream consumption. They completely stopped playing Jill Scott style (r&b soul) from black artist on mainstream radio, created a void for that kind of music then rolled out Adele to fill the void. Now the black artist who originated and perfected the style she is singing in cannot even get on period.

Tyrese puts out an album of the year candidate yet can barely get play yet Sam Smith selling millions. Jill Scott, Angie Stone etc are on milk cartons when it comes to the mainstream yet Adele breaking records. Badu is reduced to dropping fukking mixtapes :mjcry:

This must be what it felt like when Chubby Checker, James Brown, Little Richard watched rock being taken and whitewashed.

Last edited:

onelastdeath

Banned
Daps
She can sing. But if you can't see the bullshyt here then you're seeing the world thru rose tinted glasses.

Adele is literally a less talented Jill Scott repackaged for white mainstream consumption. They completely stopped playing Jill Scott style (r&b soul) from black artist on mainstream radio, created a void for that kind of music then rolled out Adele to fill the void. Now the black artist who originated and perfected the style she is singing in cannot even get on period.

Tyrese puts out an album of the year candidate yet can barely get play yet Sam Smith selling millions. Jill Scott, Angie Stone etc are on milk cartons when it comes to the mainstream yet Adele breaking records. Badu is reduced to dropping fukking mixtapes :mjcry:

This must be what it felt like when Chubby Checker, James Brown, Little Richard watched rock being taken and whitewashed.
Black people need to buy more music.