[FINAL NUMBERS] Adele sells 3.3 Million.... [SPOOKY]

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Who said it was a conspiracy? Responses like yours just make people more upset. Adele can sing, now why is she so popular? We all know talent alone doesn't get you sales. I don't know why you and @tremonthustler1 who are good posters seem obsessed with ignoring the obvious whenever people bring it up. It's like you're offended that something you love also has some built in advantages. Every artist is marketed a certain way and can hit certain demographics for various reasons.Unlike the people on here, I bought Adele's last album and I can admit her privilege, why can't you guys? You sound like the people who said the MMLP selling the most had nothing to d with race until Eminem admitted it himself on the Eminem Show.

I don't get anyone in this thread. I don't get the people acting like she cannot sing and I don't get the people acting like her being white, nice and plain does not help her. Susan fukking Boyle was doing units at one point and you're going to act like a white person marketed right with a voice does not have the highest ceiling in music?
There's plenty of white singers that aren't popular at all. Sure it's an advantage but if just being white got you 3.3 million first week sales then there'd be a lot more white people selling. Clearly she has an intangibles people like and she crosses all age and race barriers. Everyone loves her from the most gangsta nikkas I know to fukking teeny boopers. Never once did I say it's not a factor but it's not why she sales so much. People love her. She's not marketed crazy, she's never in the news, so you can't act like she's pushed down our throats because she isn't. She doesn't even do interviews like that. Only time she's talked about is when her music is about to drop. Most people who buy her music don't even know what her talking voice sounds like because she's so out of the limelight

I'm just tired of nikkas using the "Oh she's white that's why she sales" card, as if that explains 3.3 million first week sales, and 30 million world wide sales on her last album. Clearly it's way more than that.

DaddyTime

All Star
Daps
This is a combination of talent, racial privilege, and artist mystique/elusiveness. The rare TV performances, not working with every hot artist to stay on radio, no publicity stunts. The talent/product is front and center and the elusive nature makes the fans crave the next batch of whatever she's got going.

Same way brehs in the Locker Room say to be work on yourself and be on point and never give your all to a chick...never be too available...Adele is on point and isn't popping up everywhere.

She looks like the average white woman.
Best response in here.

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
There's plenty of white singers that aren't popular at all. Sure it's an advantage but if just being white got you 3.3 million first week sales then there'd be a lot more white people selling. Clearly she has an intangibles people like and she crosses all age and race barriers. Everyone loves her from the most gangsta nikkas I know to fukking teeny boopers. Never once did I say it's not a factor but it's not why she sales so much. People love her. She's not marketed crazy, she's never in the news, so you can't act like she's pushed down our throats because she isn't. She doesn't even do interviews like that. Only time she's talked about is when her music is about to drop. Most people who buy her music don't even know what her talking voice sounds like because she's so out of the limelight

I'm just tired of nikkas using the "Oh she's white that's why she sales" card, as if that explains 3.3 million first week sales, and 30 million world wide sales on her last album. Clearly it's way more than that.
Ohhh shes white(from uk) and she can sing that's why she will sale thats why she's market like crazy

Do yall weirdos even like hip hop

Last edited:

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I predicted 3.5, :blessed:

Adele is dope, fukked with her before she sold a record

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
Who said it was a conspiracy? Responses like yours just make people more upset. Adele can sing, now why is she so popular? We all know talent alone doesn't get you sales. I don't know why you and @tremonthustler1 who are good posters seem obsessed with ignoring the obvious whenever people bring it up. It's like you're offended that something you love also has some built in advantages. Every artist is marketed a certain way and can hit certain demographics for various reasons.Unlike the people on here, I bought Adele's last album and I can admit her privilege, why can't you guys? You sound like the people who said the MMLP selling the most had nothing to d with race until Eminem admitted it himself on the Eminem Show.

I don't get anyone in this thread. I don't get the people acting like she cannot sing and I don't get the people acting like her being white, nice and plain does not help her. Susan fukking Boyle was doing units at one point and you're going to act like a white person marketed right with a voice does not have the highest ceiling in music?

When have I said it doesn't help that she's white?

She was white when she recorded 19. She was white when she recorded 21. She's still white. But there's a HUGE difference between the popularity she had with 19 and what she has now and it's not because the world realized she's white and sings soulful songs. There's more to it than just "cac privilege." The Adele legend really began because she had excellent timing in terms of getting her exposed. If not for a chance appearance on SNL, she'd be Duffy. She'd be Kate Nash, someone ONLY big in the UK and at best she'd do OK here. Same singer, same voice, same package, but she wouldn't have been as exposed.

If it was only as easy as her being white with a good voice, other more critically acclaimed singers and songwriters would have this kind of success but they don't. It's a perfect storm with Adele.

The coli gets very defensive about what Adele does because we look at the shyt we like and we can't figure out why rap & R&B can't do a fraction of these numbers /popularity when it felt like it used to (or moreso this: if you've ever watched shows like Unsung-- and @Wacky D and @Blackthoughts can attest-- many of these slept on acts that seemingly only Black people know didn't need to be fellated by the industry to sell reasonably well.) We never got angry when white acts would routinely sell crazy numbers because it felt like Black acts in some way were being taken care of. It doesn't feel like that anymore. NSYNC was doing 10 mil every time out. It was shrugged off more than this because everybody was eating. Ain't like that now, and this board gets mad at Adele of all people. Quite odd.

TransJenner

Banned
Daps
:blessed::blessed::blessed::blessed::blessed:

such great day:mjcry:

pcwdv6f6jr_21.gif

i wonder what shes thinking.....

:umad:
What am I gonna eat today

Firefly

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They gonna push her to beat and take away all michaels records :mjcry:

fukk this world brehs :mjcry:

Will never Happen. She ain't that. They ain't gonna say Thriller or nothing about Mike because this shyt didn't exist at that time as far as the 1st week sales charts. Think that only happened recently like the 90's but I could be mistaken.

MufasaChoppa

The Rise & Fall Of Mufasa Choppa
Daps
Reppin
L.A , California

Firefly

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
it existed breh, thriller only did like 300,000 first week
Adele's album 21 overtakes sales of Michael Jackson's Thriller

she already outsold mike in the UK :mjcry:

You realize that Thriller sold over 100 million plus copies don't you breh?

Was on the charts for over 100 weeks.

They jumping the gun to get Mike out of here and I still don't see it. Adele is a worldwide phenomenon getting statues and shutting down whole countries?

I would have to check that because 1st week sales records weren't recorded properly by the association until 90 or 1991.