[FINAL NUMBERS] Adele sells 3.3 Million.... [SPOOKY]

MufasaChoppa

The Rise & Fall Of Mufasa Choppa
Daps
Reppin
L.A , California
You realize that Thriller sold over 100 million plus copies don't you breh?

Was on the charts for over 100 weeks.

They jumping the gun to get Mike out of here and I still don't see it. Adele is a worldwide phenomenon getting statues and shutting down whole countries?

I would have to check that because 1st week sales records weren't recorded properly by the association until 90 or 1991.

This will come in the next years, she got the machine behind her :dame:

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
Her last album was successful why ya'll surprised?

The album has sold over 4.5 million copies in the UK where it is the fourth best-selling album of all time.[95] In October, the album passed the 4.5 million mark in the UK, and in November surpassed the 10 million mark in the US.[8][96][97] As of 2014, the album has sold 30 million copies worldwide .[9][98]She has sold an estimated 40 million albums and 50 million singles worldwide.[99] Adele is the only artist or band in the last decade in the US to earn an RIAA Diamond certification for a one disc album in less than two years.[96]

she is killing it, on an independent label too XL (the artists they have signed over the past 10 years :wow:. You can tell they all actually love music over there.)
She's signed to Columbia.

I'm no Adele hater, but, I can't stand the indy myths.

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
his is a combination of talent, racial privilege, and artist mystique/elusiveness. The rare TV performances, not working with every hot artist to stay on radio, no publicity stunts. The talent/product is front and center and the elusive nature makes the fans crave the next batch of whatever she's got going.

Same way brehs in the Locker Room say to be work on yourself and be on point and never give your all to a chick...never be too available...Adele is on point and isn't popping up everywhere.
:laugh: THat's gold metaphor

MrPentatonic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Her last album was successful why ya'll surprised?

She's signed to Columbia.

I'm no Adele hater, but, I can't stand the indy myths.

XL definitely had her first, her first album came out on XL. Colombia must have muscled their way in on the 2nd album lol

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
XL definitely had her first, her first album came out on XL. Colombia must have muscled their way in on the 2nd album lol

EDIT: She's signed to Columbia to distribute in the US. It dropped in the UK in Jan '08, they bought it over here in June of that year.

I have 19

And Columbia literally all over the CD :laugh:

ADELE-19-CD.jpg

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I may be tweaking but I dont see it. You can walk in any church and hear that and better. And vs other past singers like mariah, whitney, even beyonce.. I dont see the hype. None of them EVER sold like this.

did u really just put mariah, whitney and beyonce in the same vocal conversation?

:stopitslime:

beyonce wouldn't put beyonce in a vocal conversation with whitney and mariah. she aint in that weight class vocally.

MrPentatonic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Worst part about all this is this album is a dud compared to her other two. I think she has INCREDIBLE vocal ability but I always believed Amy Wine was much better and deserves her shine. May god rest her soul.

Died way to soon, once in blue moon type of voice and ear for music. fukk drugs ..

Lifer11

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
White trash love it

White trash ain't Adele's lane, it's the opposite.
WRONG!

Adele has a ways to go before she's doing Whitney /Mariah numbers even though she's getting there. The first week is obviously crazy, but Whitney and Mariah were doing 20-30 mil worldwide routinely.

and while you think you can walk in any church and hear better, would you buy it? If not, who cares?

Her album "21" sold 30 million worldwide, over 11 million in the US alone.

And for the person that said it was racial privilege, I don't remember who it was, it was the first album to sell over 9 million in the US since Usher's Confessions album sold 9 million in 2005. Good music that resonates with large groups of people will always sell regardless of race.

And Whitney and Mariah each only have 1 album that sold 30 million worldwide, they each have 1 album that sold 25 million worldwide, and The Bodyguard soundtrack sold 44 million worldwide fueled by Whitney. I think it's safe to say Adele will get to at least 25 mil worldwide with this album.

Last edited: