[FINAL NUMBERS] Adele sells 3.3 Million.... [SPOOKY]

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
This is a combination of talent, racial privilege, and artist mystique/elusiveness. The rare TV performances, not working with every hot artist to stay on radio, no publicity stunts. The talent/product is front and center and the elusive nature makes the fans crave the next batch of whatever she's got going.

Same way brehs in the Locker Room say to be work on yourself and be on point and never give your all to a chick...never be too available...Adele is on point and isn't popping up everywhere.

Why is she so marketable? What draws so many people to buying her music?

Even Taylor Swift ain't selling these many records.
She looks like the average white woman.

JordanwiththeWiz

you mad..you big mad..I’m happy..leave me alone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Remember all those people going crazy over Drake going gold in a week? He's probably looking the charts like:

46cc24d676a1b1b059859861a17c0612.617x347x1.jpg
FOH :childplease:

Only one album went platinum from this year beside Adele and that Drake's mixtape

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
I may be tweaking but I dont see it. You can walk in any church and hear that and better. And vs other past singers like mariah, whitney, even beyonce.. I dont see the hype. None of them EVER sold like this.

WRONG!

Adele has a ways to go before she's doing Whitney /Mariah numbers even though she's getting there. The first week is obviously crazy, but Whitney and Mariah were doing 20-30 mil worldwide routinely.

and while you think you can walk in any church and hear better, would you buy it? If not, who cares?

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
Everything isn't a conspiracy. Some people are ridiculously talented AND popular.
Who said it was a conspiracy? Responses like yours just make people more upset. Adele can sing, now why is she so popular? We all know talent alone doesn't get you sales. I don't know why you and @tremonthustler1 who are good posters seem obsessed with ignoring the obvious whenever people bring it up. It's like you're offended that something you love also has some built in advantages. Every artist is marketed a certain way and can hit certain demographics for various reasons.Unlike the people on here, I bought Adele's last album and I can admit her privilege, why can't you guys? You sound like the people who said the MMLP selling the most had nothing to d with race until Eminem admitted it himself on the Eminem Show.

I don't get anyone in this thread. I don't get the people acting like she cannot sing and I don't get the people acting like her being white, nice and plain does not help her. Susan fukking Boyle was doing units at one point and you're going to act like a white person marketed right with a voice does not have the highest ceiling in music?

reserved_one

#Ambivertgang
Daps
Reppin
So.ILL/Raider Nation
Adele makes music for white women going through menopause, overweight, don't get laid or has become reformed sluts. I ain't even mad....After all these years, Cacs have finally found their Whitney Houston/Mariah Carey. Amy was supposed to be the one (I think she's 10x more talented btw), but she died too soon.

Its easy to sell 3 mill in a week when you white and have the whole world behind you.