Final Fantasy VII Remake:Part1. INTERmission DLC (6/10/21).

King Koopa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The 8-4 and fiery moats
The argument about size is wrong-headed. Square keep talking about density and detail. TW3 was big but often times pretty empty.
Exactly. Why do dudes keep bringing up size? It's pretty much established that won't be a big issue considering past games. It's the amount of stuff to put into those vast areas. Got a feeling they're not gonna leave shyt empty like those past games have done.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
That's why they're gonna take longer, you can't have Sector 5 be unpopulated with nothing to do.

This game will be HUGE, look at the backgrounds specifically Aerith's Church, all the shyt is squished together, realistically they have to be bigger.

Im saying they not gonna populate it because they arent going to add additional story to warrant it. Every city in the game is like that too. No way in hell they adding that much side story to fill out those cities.

Daps
Reppin
Canada
Im saying they not gonna populate it because they arent going to add additional story to warrant it. Every city in the game is like that too. No way in hell they adding that much side story to fill out those cities.
They'll add enough to make it have some life. i'm not expecting as much as the Witcher because that's unrealistic.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I don't really get why you keep bringing up the 81million. In fact, after a quick Google search that $81 million was the TOTAL cost. Including production and marketing. Original FF7 cost 145 million. Spending a shyt load of money on games has never been an issue with Square.

But anyway, I guess it's just a wait and see argument.

It cost $145 million in an era when 3d graphics and rendering were relatively new concepts on consoles. So that's a moot point.

Laslty, :what: at comparing '97 Square to 2015 Square. The company has been losing money for years. They where down $138 million in 2013 alone. 2014 they had a decent year, mostly due to their MMOs and cell phone games. Regardless, they're not in a position to blow through money like you're suggesting.

Fred.

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
dumb nikkas don't realize that ff7 set pieces were just pre-rendered stills. Imagine all of that rendered into 3D, that will be one fukking massive game.

You think they won't use pre-rendered stills:mjlol: that's so fukking adorable. W3 still used skyboxing, pre-rendered stills, and five year old parallax mapping. Bruh, do some research on game developing. Just to help you out, there is not one game out currently that has full 3D rendering, that kind of game would be a fukking movie, about 200+ gigs, and would run on two beefy pc's. A Pixar film is entirely 3D, everything has to have a "filling", models have to be able to bounce, warp, touch, etc without clipping. This is a process that takes not that much time, but a shyt-ton of workers and money. And even then its not rendering real time, its a recording...hence why they're so small, but even then, its about an hour or so....games are obviously longer.

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
final fantasy fans can never be pleased. ppl get a ported FF7 and they complain about it, square makes a remake that will include updates to adjust with the time and they complain about it, they release it in parts so fans can get it faster and they complain about it. like wtf you want? if you want ff7 for nostalgia then buy the ported ps4 version, if you want it all at once then simply wait until it's complete to buy a single package since i'm sure they'll do that.

you can't expect square to release a 1997 game in 2017 without making any major changes, especially for a genre that's dying in america. i rather have them take their time with it to make sure it's a great game that will have great art work with attention to details. a CGI scene for the summons would be sick:banderas:

Daps
Reppin
Canada
You think they won't use pre-rendered stills:mjlol: that's so fukking adorable. W3 still used skyboxing, pre-rendered stills, and five year old parallax mapping. Bruh, do some research on game developing. Just to help you out, there is not one game out currently that has full 3D rendering, that kind of game would be a fukking movie, about 200+ gigs, and would run on two beefy pc's. A Pixar film is entirely 3D, everything has to have a "filling", models have to be able to bounce, warp, touch, etc without clipping. This is a process that takes not that much time, but a shyt-ton of workers and money. And even then its not rendering real time, its a recording...hence why they're so small, but even then, its about an hour or so....games are obviously longer.
Witcher is already about 100+ gigs with the major patches.

King Koopa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The 8-4 and fiery moats
final fantasy fans can never be pleased. ppl get a ported FF7 and they complain about it, square makes a remake that will include updates to adjust with the time and they complain about it, they release it in parts so fans can get it faster and they complain about it. like wtf you want? if you want ff7 for nostalgia then buy the ported ps4 version, if you want it all at once then simply wait until it's complete to buy a single package since i'm sure they'll do that.

you can't expect square to release a 1997 game in 2017 without making any major changes, especially for a genre that's dying in america. i rather have them take their time with it to make sure it's a great game that will have great art work with attention to details. a CGI scene for the summons would be sick:banderas:
People gonna be emotional about anything. I'm just glad we getting a remake :dame:

Watched that recent trailer so many times already :banderas:

Just looks beautiful brehs :mjcry:

Beerus

Banned
Daps
Reppin
PC BRO #LWO
http://na.square-enix.com/us/blog/final-fantasy-vii-remake-psx-2015-message-yoshinori-kitase
c399e03126d602b9aed5655e127048f8.jpg

"For many years, people around the world have asked me “Will you ever remake FINAL FANTASY VII?” For many years I gave the same answers and on a personal level, having made the original FINAL FANTASY VII, did I really want to spend so many years making the same game again?
With FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE, we have the opportunity to go beyond the story, world and experience of FINAL FANTASY VII in ways we’ve always dreamed of - from the depths of Midgar to the skies above the Planet. The multi-part format enables us to expand the original story and turn it into an epic experience for fans and new gamers alike.

This past weekend at PlayStation Experience we were thrilled to present more of FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE. It was great to see so much excitement when we surprised everyone with the first gameplay footage and it was a treat for us to show that development is going well, and further along than perhaps many had realised. Just like when we revealed the announcement trailer at E3 earlier this year, we like surprising you.
One thing that we wanted to be clear about during this weekend to accompany the new trailer was the scale of this project. We wanted to tell you this now and not in the future so that you’d share our vision for what we want to deliver.
The biggest reason why we haven’t done a remake until now is because it’s a massive undertaking to reconstruct FINAL FANTASY VII from the ground up with the current technology. Producing a proper HD remake of FINAL FANTASY VII that maintains the same feeling of density of the original would result in a volume of content that couldn’t possibly fit into one instalment.
We’ve seen everyone’s comments and reactions to the news that FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE will be a multi-part series and many have speculated correctly as to the reason why we have made this decision. If we were to try to fit everything from the original into one remake instalment, we would have to cut various parts and create a condensed version of FINAL FANTASY VII. We knew none of you would have wanted that.
I hope that by explaining a little more about our design decisions that you can appreciate the size of this project and what we have planned for this remake. Going beyond the scale and depth of the world, narrative and gameplay from the original to deliver something that feels familiar yet new. As I said before, we like delivering surprises. :smile:

See you all soon and Happy Holidays!
Yoshinori Kitase"

We got what we wanted, they are doing their best do deliver a true FF7 experience.
But we got idiot bigots with no fathers talking shyt.
@RookieToVet @Morning Scruuub For example bigots.

It's going to be the greatest game of this generation along with FFXV.
Like I said again its not to you and your stupid western views to criticize what they are dong. Stupid ignorant fukk bigots.

I can't wait for them to include the likes of Genesis and Angeal and all of them in glorious PS4 HD :banderas:

Last edited:

The D-List Vet

Being in a recommendation system.
Daps
Reppin
Coli.
http://na.square-enix.com/us/blog/final-fantasy-vii-remake-psx-2015-message-yoshinori-kitase

We got what we wanted, they are doing their best do deliver a true FF7 experience.

Like I said again its not to you and your stupid western views to criticize what they are dong. Stupid ignorant fukk bigots.

I can't wait for them to include the likes of Genesis and Angeal and all of them in glorious PS4 HD :banderas:
i neg you because you said the black posters in here are showing racism against the Japanese people, get the fukk out of here with that bullshyt comment :camby: ... i dont hate the remake and i think it will be :ehh: but you're WPOTY :aicmon:

Kingshango

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
So the remake is gonna be filled with so much content that it will be impossible to fit on a single blu ray?:jbhmm:

Well we'll see Square, we'll see.

i neg you because you said the black posters in here are showing racism against the Japanese people, get the fukk out of here with that bullshyt comment :camby: ... i dont hate the remake and i think it will be :ehh: but you're WPOTY :aicmon:

Put on ad blocker and you wont see his post.:troll:

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
FFVII is about 40 hours main story.

How long is Final Fantasy VII? - HLTB

Speedrun is 15.

A full game would have to be at least 30 hours long. If that's the length of one part of the remake then I'm fine with that.

that sounds about right for each disc and i expect the remake to be about the same. the only thing i would be worried about is the price for each part. i think 60$ for each part will be fine since i've paid the same for shorter games.

can't wait. from the looks of the trailer, the depth and details of this is gonna be unreal plus the combat system looks fun as fukk :wow:

ppl keep forgetting how big the ff7 world actually was and the amount of work it'll take the redesign and upgrade that takes time and money. you even needed an aircraft to travel around so it'll be interesting to see how they do that. can't forget about chocobos as well.

Londilon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
OK SE, since you are dead set on separating the game and claim the whole game won't fit on one dvd then each game you release for the remake better be bigger than xenoblade X. Each fukking part of the series, if not, I'm waiting for your shyt to go on 70% discount.